Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2009-06-06, 12:09
Idyllic + whimsical

Finally finished Okami, great ending and the last few cinematics were particularly good (I laughed for a while at "It takes two to tango"), but I didn't really see the point in fighting all the boss fights again before facing the final one.

I'm considering starting a new game to get 100%, especially since it's possible to skip all the once unskippable cinematics (why couldn't they do that on the first time?!?!?!) and just to play with the fat Ammy model, though when I briefly tried out that option I saw that while it kept my money, demon fangs and most items, some are still missing (especially the last 3 weapons you obtain) and you need to feed the animals all over again.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)

Last edited by Rex_Hollywood; 2009-06-06 at 12:19.
Old 2009-06-06, 13:37
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Yes, I liked the replay options. Allthough I'm not replying it straight away.
Figure I'll enjoy it more if I play something else first.
Maybe I'll play Tales of Symphonia again one its second play though :P

Quote:
but I didn't really see the point in fighting all the boss fights again before facing the final one.
Yeah, cheap tactic that to lengthen the game. Zelda use's it a lot as well.
Old 2009-06-08, 19:25
Saria

Zelda TP
Old 2009-06-10, 19:47
Saria

back to FF4 again
Old 2009-06-11, 21:04
>:C

Send a message via AIM to Mouserz Send a message via MSN to Mouserz Send a message via Yahoo to Mouserz
Been playing Deus Ex again, installed Deus Ex Invisible War, to play it after the first one and I BOUGHGHGHT Prototype, Its like assassins creed with mutant powers and gore.
Old 2009-06-12, 17:13
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
CyroStatus - Highly atmospheric, fps/adventure with some very original mechcanics, both in gameplay and storytelling.
Only a demo now;
http://www.megagames.com/news/html/d...asisdemo.shtml
Not sure they can keep it up for the whole game.

In many ways its a bit like Penumbra. In fact, I think the game should be called Pneumonia.
Needs a heafty pc though.
Old 2009-06-12, 20:49
weee

Looks cool, I'll check it out. This reminds me I should still play the 3rd Penumbra game.

Anyway, next game I'm going to try: Assassin's Creed. I have no idea what it's about, but everyone seems excited about it.
Old 2009-06-12, 21:00
Magic Ball Master

Super Mario 64 DS - completed it 100%. Some of the levels were a pain because when you fall down, you land outside the castle and have to walk the way up all other again. Couldn't they have made this more user-friendly?

Anyway, going further down my list of games I have to complete:
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super Mario World
- Super Metroid

Then I've been playing some Wii Sports. I thought Wii Sports Resort was going to be quite boring as Wii Play, but it looks pretty good so far. You seem to be actually able to play a game of basketball with the proper basketball rules in it, not just train with them. Also, there are a lot more sports than previously.
Old 2009-06-12, 22:41
Classic

WiiSports is, basicaly, a full price game.
WiiPlay is, like 1/5th the price when you factor in the free wiimote.

So, yeah, WiiSports is about 5 times more fun makes sense
Personaly I quite like all the training modes.
(which in a lot of case's require a more skill. Not so much baseball, but certainly bowling is better in training, imho).

As for Mario, the DS version of 64 was great. The unlockable minigames were fun, but the controlls made the game much harder. Mario64 was designed with the analogue stick in mind, just as the N64's controller was designed around Mario64.
Old 2009-06-12, 23:46
Magic Ball Master

I was partly talking about Wii Sports 2 which releases in a month. It also comes packaged with something, the Wii Motion Plus, but apparently it's still more than a tech demo.

The controls in Super Mario 64 DS were terrible. The camera was very hard to control and very restrictive. None of the control setups really worked. With the d-pad, controlling wasn't accurate enough. The touch-screen controls were not properly executed. If you wanted to run, you would move the red dot around the screen. The movement should have been only relative to the center of the screen, not every random point on it.

But considering it's Mario, I still played it and I liked it. It's just so much harder.
Old 2009-06-13, 11:44
LOLwut?

Quake!

It's great so far (2 "Chapters" and like 15 levels, that's 50% through the game)

I don't know why I didn't play it before. It's awesome, fast and beats the hell out of Quake II, that I thought was great.

Old 2009-06-13, 12:31
Classic

Quote:
The touch-screen controls were not properly executed. If you wanted to run, you would move the red dot around the screen. The movement should have been only relative to the center of the screen, not every random point on it.
Problem with that though, would have been that everyone has different lengths of figures, the center isnt actualy that comfortable for me to stretch my thumb too.

I think they should have just had a customisable option for positioning or something.

Its a bit accadimic now anyway....stupidly Nintendo dosnt include the thumbstrap anymore making Mario64 and Metroid Hunters much harder to play. (using a stylus? hows that supposed to work without a table? -_-)
Old 2009-06-13, 23:54
Master of Science & Magic

Still playing Titan Quest: Immortal Throne.
I quite enjoy the Immortal Throne part, there is quite some variation. Currently at the last segment of it.
Old 2009-06-14, 17:33
Bamboo

Send a message via MSN to Jareth
Today I've started Halo 3 on Legendary difficulty. Will take probably about 8-10 hours to finish the whole game.
I also plan to get every achievement (for armours to use in multi-player).

I also play Halo Wars from time to time. Fun game, but every match takes for me about 15-20 minutes to win...Not a big challenge for meh...
Old 2009-06-15, 19:43
Classic

Great (and simple/short) little point and click;
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/498994
Old 2009-06-15, 21:09

nice, I like the style
Old 2009-06-15, 21:34
weee

Nice game, but it ended after two minutes
Old 2009-06-15, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Nice game, but it ended after two minutes
2 minutes?! wtf, mine ended after little over 1 minute, guess I missed something
Old 2009-06-16, 00:06
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Its a bit accadimic now anyway....stupidly Nintendo dosnt include the thumbstrap anymore making Mario64 and Metroid Hunters much harder to play. (using a stylus? hows that supposed to work without a table? -_-)
I played and completed Hunters fine with a stylus. Never sit at a table with my DS.
Old 2009-06-16, 01:08
weee

Assassin's Creed - Wth, this is what's all the fuss about? Geezes. This game is so not fun. YAWN!
Old 2009-06-16, 01:17
weee

Oh and another thing: Full life memories of all ancestors stored hidden somewhere in the 3GB of DNA? The compression must be really crazy. (yes, FYI, human DNA translates to 3GB)
Old 2009-06-16, 01:51
Classic

Or it is just really advanced interpretation of the data.

eg. It stores data like a book, rather then a film.
So when "playing" the book, what you see is a subjective interpretation of merely very rough concepts the book lays down.

Still nonsense though.
Old 2009-06-16, 02:18
weee

According to the game, he remembers names, faces, exactly who he killed when he killed why he killed (yes this killing theme is getting boring fast). They could at least be creative enough to make up some other explanation rather than "it's stored in your DNA".

I still can't understand how this game got such high praises and "game of the year" award and all. I would expect a game like this to get no more than 2 out of 5 stars.
Old 2009-06-16, 05:38
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
new games don't give much importance to storyline, unfortunately. The best storyline in the next gen is probably Mass Effect's, and it isn't anything that great. They stole from ideas from star wars and some from other old plots used and used.
But you gotta admit Ass Creed has a cool game play and towns are really realistic...
it's very monotone as a game tho, but seeing other games in this year, it was easy for it to be game of the year, considering the low challenge
Old 2009-06-16, 10:27
Classic

Is it time for this video yet;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_4DgXS4YE
? :P
I assume the PC version is better in that regard.

And yes, 99% of videogame storys suck.
Either bad storys, or badly told good storys, but normaly they are both bad storys and badly told.

I recommend trying the Cyrostatus demo for that reason.
The story might not be good...hard to tell from the demo, but I love the way it tells it.
Spoiler:
Specifically, how you can relive the last-moments of any dead character you find, somehow manipulating their past into surviving, and thus effecting the present gameplay as well as getting a backstory on the disaster. The cow one freaked me out a bit, mind....

Tags
games, videogames