Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2011-04-12, 21:23
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Me :P Too busy, I have Dragon Age since some weeks already and I only played like 3 hours of it
Old 2011-04-12, 23:17
Magic Level: Red Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Is there anybody here who hasn't checked out Minecraft yet?
I've played it for a while, but I can't honestly say that it entertained me after an hour.
Old 2011-04-13, 12:53
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I havn't - I love the ideas behind it, but I tend to prefer games with a definative "end" these days. (also rules out long rpgs for me-I need new gameplay gmicks often or I get bored :P).
That said, I get my creative "making stuff" buzz from 3ds software, If I didnt Id probably be setting stuff up in minecraft.
Old 2011-04-13, 14:16
Magic Ball Master

Well, the designers are planning to make some sort of "winnable" single player.
Old 2011-04-13, 17:11
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
The Settlers - iPad

As good as any of the desktop variants of the game, in my opinion. Graphics are pretty standard for the type of game. Gameplay is good. And only 59p? Bargain!

Dead Space - iPad

Absolutely amazing. First game ever to make me jump. It really didn't lie when it recommended to wear headphones on launch of the game. Fantastic graphics for a "mobile" device (there's also an iPhone version!). Controls worked better than I've seen any game on a touch-only platform; left side of the screen worked as an analog control for movement, right side of the screen for aiming, tapping on the right would enter aiming and shoot, plus melee attacks would be done via swiping. Overall the actual campaign was fairly short, giving only around 3 hours gameplay, but bloody good nonetheless.

Angry Birds Rio - iOS, android

Adorable graphics, repayable gameplay. Everybody I know loves Angry Birds. It's just a great game to pass the time. This movie based sequel adds different kinds of enemies and even bosses. Certainly a game to pick up. Did I mention it was free on android?

Sentinel 3 - iPad

Fun gameplay, this was actually the first game I bought on my iPad and was disappointed to find out it was just a tower defence game. Alas, it gave me a good amount of hours worth of entertainment.

Infinity Blade - iPad

Graphics, amazing. Gameplay, okay but way over repetitive.
Old 2011-04-15, 18:27
LOLwut?

Bioshock - I had to play like 60% of it before I started to enjoy the game. From then on, the game was amazing. By the end of Bioshock, I was quite impressed. What a game!

So good I have the sequel already =D

Old 2011-04-15, 18:52
Lemonhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGaspar View Post
Bioshock - I had to play like 60% of it before I started to enjoy the game. From then on, the game was amazing. By the end of Bioshock, I was quite impressed. What a game!

So good I have the sequel already =D
I know what you mean. I really hated it at first... but the atmosphere grew on me when I played BioShock 2 last year, and I'll get 'round to finishing the first one eventually.
Old 2011-04-22, 02:06
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Finally I got to finish Dragon Age 2. It's so short for a Bioware game. I played both Kotor, both Mass effect and now both Dragon Age, but none of them was short as this one!
When I killed the final boss (and I didn't think it was the final boss) I was like... oh ok Maybe I'm at 50% of the game...
I really thought that was still the start of the game. Even the story is pretty stupid, compared to the titles I listed before. It's a good RPG, but nothing you would expect from a continuation of Dragon Age.
Old 2011-04-23, 23:14
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
strange, i loved bioshock from the first moment, but towards the end i found it got pretty tiring
Old 2011-04-24, 02:11
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Bioshock has a wonderfull atmosphere but a very overated plot.
Old 2011-04-24, 05:54
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

I didn't like it at all. When I finished it I was very disappointed. Perhaps it's because when I see a high rating on a game I expect something extraordinary, but games leave me disappointed many times lately.

Currently playing Crysis 2
Usually I don't like too much these fps in which you're alone aginst a whole army, but this FPS is entertaining me enough, thanks to some cool feautures like invisibility and armor the special armor... It's nothing epic, but one of the best fps I ever played probably
Old 2011-04-24, 19:59
Do the evolution.

Yeah same, I love art-deco, I love modernist architecture, I love diesel punk, and couldn't get into bioshock, I guess I'm always more impressed by games with open spaces then being closed off in a labirynth of rooms (with the exception of portal).

Now Bioshock Infinite looks promising!
Old 2011-04-25, 05:47
Magic Level: Red Ball

Bioshock had a nice art style, but the whole game felt like one long corridor. The trailer for Infinite looks way cooler, though I hope that the storyline will be more engaging.

I usually play casual games these days because I don't have time for much else. I believe that Sam & Max's best point is the quality of its writing and storyline. I'm a tad disappointed by the fact that most modern games focus on shooting and lack a storyline that would take more than a paragraph to explain. The first few Call of Duty games had multiple intertwining story lines, the most recent one has just a single motif.
Old 2011-04-27, 05:47
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

last game I finished was - depict1 (yesterday)
Current - Gemini Rue (really cool, like heavy rain :P)
Old 2011-05-16, 11:42
>:C

Send a message via AIM to Mouserz Send a message via MSN to Mouserz Send a message via Yahoo to Mouserz
portal 2, yo.
Old 2011-05-16, 23:59
Polly parrot

Ditto.

I prefered the first...
Zero punctuation made a review about it, it pretty much sums up my opinion (except for the coop mode)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide.../3153-Portal-2

Don't worry, there aren't any spoilers in it. The only reason why you shouldn't watch it would be because you're afraid it would have too much of an impact on your way of thinking while discovering it.
Old 2011-05-17, 01:03
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

finished crysis 2. Pretty long game, well done, challanging. I liked it a lot, even if I hate shooters in which you are alone in most of the time. Exception for the Jedi Knight series.
playing LOTR: Conquest, and LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II.

Conquest: If you played Star Wars Battlefront and liked it you should play this one too. It's easier and shorter than Battlefront but it's as fun to play, mostly because of the classes and heroes you can choose.
Battle for MIddle Earth... totally rips off Warcraft III but somewhat nice to play
Old 2011-05-17, 01:26
Zebrazilla

Back to the Future the Game

Surprisingly great stuff. Looking forward to the last episode. Light-hearted and casual adventuring at its best. By casual, I really mean casual, as there are rarely any hard puzzles in this series and most of the focus really falls on story and character interaction. It's a breath of fresh air. Puzzles get quite tedious.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2011-06-11, 21:19
Magic Ball Master

Simon the Sorcerer 5

It's not like I played it, it's more like I didn't get it to work. I advanced pretty far in this game, but now it's not starting up any more. I think my save file is corrupt, but I didn't find anything on the internet. Google searches for "Simon 5 Crash", "troubleshooting", "help", "problem", "forum" and "community" all didn't give me anything, and the official site is already broken two years after the game's release. I have no idea where in the world I can get help for this game, it's like I'm the only one who played it.
Old 2011-06-11, 23:51
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Runescape - Ye I kick ass now after so many years of gradualing climbing to high levels. Who says every high level on runescape is a sad loner staring at a screen all day. I just played it now and then for over 6 years and it built up
Old 2011-06-12, 01:26
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

LA Noire - a game that I WANT to love but I can't. Interrogation system is horrible and the game is heavily "video game" logical...
Old 2011-06-12, 10:09
Classic

Not exactly a game, more a tech demo - but been playing with the free 3D Pokedex thing on the 3DS. 3D looks fantastic, and the polygon/shadowing is pretty darn smooth.
Disapointingly stupid AR function though - the standard AR cards that come with the system dont work, you need to use little QR codes instead. (theres plenty of samples online, but its still pointlessly more work.
Nintendo sends over a new pokemon mesh or two each day. Not particularly interesting, but its kinda nice just getting random things sent to the system occasionaly.
Old 2011-06-12, 16:14
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janzak View Post
LA Noire - a game that I WANT to love but I can't. Interrogation system is horrible and the game is heavily "video game" logical...
started playing it yesterday and finished the first CD already. It's a fine game... but not what they've been teasing all the time as an Adventure. The game is pretty repetitive: Find clues, interrogate someone, find a new location, find new clues, interrogate, find a new location where the criminal hides, either fight him, shoot him, or track him down, arrest him, end of case.
You simply can't get stuck. I haven't for the whole first of the three cds. The game doesn't look to be very long either for a rockstar game...
And fights and shootings are too easy. It takes a lot for you to be knocked out, while a few hits to the enemy will get him down, and the autolock system kills the whole gameplay in shootings, making it too easy.
For exemple a game like Red Dead Redemption (still by rockstar) is much harder and longer I guess, and also the storyline is more interesting.
Something that lacks in LA Noir (so far I... I don't know if it will go like this till the end) it's the charisma of the main Character. He has no story, all you do is working on cases, while in GTA or Red Dead there are love stories, cool stuff about the main character's past and so on. In La Noir you just solve mysteries you don't really care of, since in a few hours they will be forgotten.
And also... which detective solves a case in just a day? That's an offence to a fan of Agatha Christie like me. :P
Will let u know better when i Finish it

Last edited by Streg; 2011-06-12 at 16:56.
Old 2011-06-12, 19:46
Classic

It sounds like LA Noire is a pretty, better acted, but grossly inferiour version of the Ace Attorney
Old 2011-06-12, 20:12
>:C

Send a message via AIM to Mouserz Send a message via MSN to Mouserz Send a message via Yahoo to Mouserz
DNF, I THINK its fun, I'll let you know when the second level loads. (laggy and looong load times)

Tags
games, videogames