Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2007-05-25, 11:59
Trippin Alien

LBA3/Fred Raynal FAQ

As we say in Australia, Fair Dinkum, whats the go with a Common Q/A (aka FAQ) thread to save flaming with newbee's because they haven't seen threads from three months ago.

Please be kind enough to stickify this to save us from detering new MBN members from leaving after asking their first curious question.

Common Questions not ask in the forums unless you want to be flamed and treated like a horrible person:

Q. Will LBA3 ever be released?

A. This question has no definite answer, Frederick Raynal has expressed his interest in creating a sequel many times over the years. The others in the original team would like to create a sequel. Mr Raynal does not own the rights and would need to buy them before this could be done. Frederick raynal has told mbn member Axx that he proposes to start this project within the next few years, after completing his current project (yes, keep reading for this)

Q. Is LBA 1/2 Abandonware and if not, why?

A. Frederick Raynal does not own the rights to LBA, they were passed on upon the dissolving of adeline with the collapse of Sega. Frederick can't give a ok on doing this, nor can the MBN. If either do, the current owners have the opportuny to sue for money, even if they don't sell the game any more. Its not legal to do, if you find it on the internet, then good for you, however we can't promote others activiities.

Q. Where is Frederick Raynal now?

A. He is still in France, working in connection with Ubisoft, details of this project as unknown and assumed to commence 2008 as creative director on the project, but it is assumed he will push for LBA3 after completing this project and building a name for himself with the publishers. His own company ludoid will expand over time and can be viewed at www.ludoid.fr

Q. Who owns the rights to LBA?

A. We don't know, Frederick doesnt want us to know, if people are asking the owners about the rights and how much it will cost to buy them, then it gives them an opportunity to assume they may be worth more than they thought. For that reason, leave this question alone, only one person needs the rights, and he knows where to get them.

Q. Does Fred have a email address I can contact him with?

A. No, Frederick is a busy man, he gave a fan email address in March 2006, however it no longer works. When Fred gets working on LBA3, we will be sure to know about it and he has assured he wants the MBN's involvement possibly by a forum. Axx (a mbn member) knows Fred personally, has his contact details and keeps us informed of the latest happenings. Don't ask for his email, you ain't havin it. If you feel you have a valuable/useful question to ask, post it on the forum, Axx passes by frequently.
Old 2007-05-25, 12:58
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
I don't suppose you ever took a look at this sticky thread, eh?
Old 2007-05-25, 13:24
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
I don't suppose you ever took a look at this sticky thread, eh?
Does anyone ever look at those stickies?
Old 2007-05-25, 13:29
You what?!

Why don't you add that post to the thread though, it seems pretty decent.
Old 2007-05-25, 13:31

OK, I added it to wacko's post
Old 2007-05-25, 13:48
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
Does anyone ever look at those stickies?
ofcourse not, that's a given

people never read manuals, never search, etc.
people are lazy as fuck.
Old 2007-05-26, 03:55
Zebrazilla

People are just people.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2007-05-26, 12:17
Trippin Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
OK, I added it to wacko's post
Thank you.

We can therefore reply to threads like this one by saying "READ THE STICKIES NOOB" rather than just flaming them away from the mbn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Muerte View Post
ofcourse not, that's a given

people never read manuals, never search, etc.
people are lazy as fuck.
No, software developers are lazy as fuck.

The software isn't as proficient as it should be, it should recognize cognitively our thought patterns and recognize what we are asking.

It should recognize the sentence "Will LBA 3 ever be made" in the new thread submit data after clicking "Submit Thread" and advise the user "Your question has been asked 4,392 times, the following search results will answer your question, do you still want to get flamed by adding to this count?

Last edited by schitzn; 2007-05-26 at 12:28.
Old 2007-05-26, 13:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzn View Post
No, software developers are lazy as fuck.

The software isn't as proficient as it should be, it should recognize cognitively our thought patterns and recognize what we are asking.
That's a pipe dream, most humans have fucked up thought patterns... actually.. they don't have a pattern.
Secondly, it doesn't matter what you do, it's never good enough.
Even if you are able to make the device as simple as possible so that it only needs a single button to be operated people will complain that they have to push a single button. "Why can't it simply do what I want without pressing a button".

And people are lazy as fuck, they are not prepared to take some time to learn how something new works, no matter what.
People learn how to operate a car, but refuse to read the manual of a VCR. The VCR should magically do whatever the user wants.
IT simply doesn't work like that, besides in 50% of the cases the user don't even know what they want. They just know they didn't want that.
Old 2007-05-26, 13:24
You what?!

Speaking as a person on behalf of the people; I am lazy as fuck.
I did, however, read the stickies.
Schitzn, there will always be more that could be done to "improve" software, but like El said, if people would just understand the simple concept of reading a thread that says "Read this thread before posting" then these flames wouldn't occur.
By us having a go at them for doing something stupid, they learn how to behave correctly.
Old 2007-05-26, 15:05
Magic Ball Master

Why not behave correctly ourselves and not flame them?
Old 2007-05-26, 15:10
You what?!

We are behaving correctly, it's the other people that are not bothering to read the rules and FAQs which people have spent time doing to save a lot of hassle and repetative explanations.
Old 2007-05-26, 20:31
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
As long as people uses IE there is people who not want to learn nor want to improve.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-05-26, 20:51
You what?!

Good example. Peoples refusal to even try out a new browser demonstrate the point perfectly.
Old 2007-05-26, 20:56

interesting to note is that MSIE7 is still highly insecure, just check this image in MSIE and an other browser

You should see this image:

(ps, exact same file, just renamed to .jpg instead of .gif)

Last edited by elmuerte; 2007-05-26 at 21:16.
Old 2007-05-26, 21:12
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
interesting to note is that MSIE7 is still highly insecure, just check this image in MSIE and an other browser
Yeah, IE sucks.
Old 2007-05-26, 21:16

Old 2007-05-26, 22:56
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
That's a pipe dream
No, silly, that's the pipe trick.
Old 2007-05-27, 01:00
!!!!!

Quote:
That's a pipe dream, most humans have fucked up thought patterns... actually.. they don't have a pattern.
Secondly, it doesn't matter what you do, it's never good enough.
Even if you are able to make the device as simple as possible so that it only needs a single button to be operated people will complain that they have to push a single button. "Why can't it simply do what I want without pressing a button".
If people were just satisfied, there will never be any progress!

But yes, sometimes laziness is just bad.

A better example, is if you get tired of walking around all day and decide to get cyborg... so all you have to do is think and the machine will read your mind and move its powerful electronic muscles for you... Then soon enough, you'll get tired of thinking. "Why can't it just figure out where I want to go without me thinking about it."

But as for simplicity of use, machines should always aim to serve us while we use as little energy (both physical and mental) as possible. Unless it's a machine that's *supposed* to teach you something.
Old 2007-05-30, 02:18
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Yeah, IE sucks.
I thought that, too but a ex-programmer from microsoft told me why everyone thinks so^^
"It's because the Internet-Explorer is too "correct" for most html-programmers.
many of them aren't rally good at coding in html and do little mistakes like forgetting the <body>-tag or a / before a Hyperlink.
IE sees that that's a Programming-mistake and so he shows the webpage the original-Programming-way: ugly ^^
When Firefox sees a mistake or something that looks like one it "corrects" it and mostly shows the web-page on "the right way".
but even if firefox mostly shows some pages better then the IE it isn't "correct" anyway. It is more difficult to write Homepages for the IE and thats why most Users and Programmers use Firefox. But if you wanna do the real right way and make shure that noone see mistakes in your coding and on seeing your website then you have to code your Webpage for the InternetExplorer."

Please excuse me if you don't understand everything^^
It's nearly half past 1 am and i'm very tired.
I use firefox myself but i now do understand why any people still are using the IE.

Well i think everyone has an own oppinion to that and so i don't wanna go too much off-Topic^^

WNG:leoboe
Old 2007-05-30, 02:33
Zebrazilla

You crack me up, little buddy.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2007-05-30, 17:23
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
leoboe: Even if that bullshit was true, it would still be an advantage for Firefox. I'm not sure if it really is bullshit, but I can't imagine it being true.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-05-30, 18:33
You what?!

Actually, that would make a lot of sense. It would especially explain why a lo tof pages will display differently in every browser, which is *very* annoying...
Old 2007-05-30, 20:08
Sheepie for short

That's not true. IE is the one that can't display things correctly. It's just most people deliberately code for IE, which results in poor HTML/CSS which the other browsers generally display correctly, making the sites look terrible.

(N.B. My knowledge in this area is probably several years out of date. I have no idea what IE7 is like.)

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2007-05-30, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sheep View Post
(N.B. My knowledge in this area is probably several years out of date. I have no idea what IE7 is like.)
not much of an improvement, actually the only major design related thing they fixed is PNG support