Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2003-02-10, 22:18
Still in a dream...

Army/RAF Cadet Force

Hi guys. As you may know, I am in a cadet force, and just wanted to know if anyone else here is. Or is interested in the Army, or Cadets. Erm..... just some basic info about us. ( I am in the Army section, so I don't know much about RAF things, like Theory of Flight, or Plane Types. So I can't help there. )

I myself am a Rifleman at the moment, in the Royal Green Jackets.
Here is our beret cap badge. It shows all the places the RGJ's have fought, and won

Next, here is the rifle we use. (It varies with cadet forces, but this ones ours.) The "Cadet Rifle" as it is known is the most common and is similar in appearance to the British army issue SA80 rifle and is a 5.56 mm, bullpup weapon. The Cadet Rifle is not, however, automatic and has an extended cocking handle as it must be manually cocked for each shot. It takes a 30 round NATO magazine and equipped with Iron Sights as opposed to the telescopic variety.
- Cadet L98 A1 GP Rifle.
- SA80

Thats about it. If you need any army info, just ask
Old 2003-02-10, 22:24
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Well, look at that, boyscouts with guns...
Old 2003-02-10, 22:28
Still in a dream...

Thats the stupidest thing ever have I heard. BOYSCOUTS DONT FIRE RIFLES! We are the only youth organisation to be albe to fire real ammo. Boyscouts play with squirrels and talk to owls.
Old 2003-02-10, 22:28
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
At this site pics of nipples are deleted, but pics of weapons are allowed. Strange way to see things^^
Old 2003-02-10, 22:30
Still in a dream...

Remidns me of austin powers and the gun nipple ladies
Old 2003-02-10, 22:33

Anyway, boyscouts help people and get molested by the scout leader people. And at least one of those doesn't happen in the army.

(Or none. Whatever.)

Pande - Apologies for the sarcasm there, but I fail to see the attraction of guns outside of a videogame :\

Is it true? Does shootin' 'em feel good?

Why exactly did ou feel the need to become part of an organisation that participates in killing people?
Old 2003-02-10, 22:41
Still in a dream...

Actually, have you ever fired a rifle? The adrenaline you get is actually quite something.

And no, I dont kill people, Im a fucking Cadet, not a soldier. But if I was a soldier, I wouldnt feel bad about killing someone. They would not hesistate to kill me, so why feel bad? Its all about fighting for the fatherland isnt it? Isnt it?
Old 2003-02-10, 22:49

I swear, fatherland is totallly not a PC term nowadays ...

I know yiz don't kill folks, but they does train you too.
Old 2003-02-10, 22:57
Still in a dream...

Not really. I guess we are in a way, but if tehre ever is a war, we are gonna be the ones protecting you. So, you gotta give us some credit.
Old 2003-02-10, 23:14
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
I, presonally, really hate the freaking army, I don't want to help the army to serve the army or whatsoever. Although it is necessary thing in Israel, if you don't go to the army ( which isn't so easy thing to do, but possible) it's hard getting job places and such. I seriously wanted to just move a freaking country when I become 18, something that will be hard to do...need lota cash, and it'll suck cause my family is here and such, so probably it won't happan.
So i'll prolly just make it so I get some stupid job near my house, and I'll let the freaking army waste 3 years of my life.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2003-02-10, 23:59
The return of

your in grade 9, and your in some sor of army camp 0_o
well, your a lucky one, ehm... that is in my opinion. The army, after 3 years, leaves you fit, and you come out know forms of defence art (karate?) and you get to fire rifles after that you can go hunting, 3 years just to learn hunting:P
Old 2003-02-11, 00:08
!!!!!

Isn't that surprising coming from Axx...
Old 2003-02-11, 00:15
The return of

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosFish
Isn't that surprising coming from Axx...
do you ave anything better to say?! god shut up if all you want to say is a comment after somthing i say, yes, i love the army, got a problem?

Pande, how bout you tell us more about your little army adventure
Old 2003-02-11, 01:35
Magic Ball Master

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Very cool pandy!
Old 2003-02-11, 01:38

Yes, but, y'know, people WITH guns, kill MORE people.
Old 2003-02-11, 01:43
Magic Ball Master

And people with knifes...and swords...and bombs...etc...

Please, anything can be misused as a weapon.
Old 2003-02-11, 01:46

Yes, but thing is, guns - maaaaainly used for the killing of things. In fact .. The entire purpose of guns being for the purpose of killing things, and indeed, the purpose of anything but hunting rifles and shotguns being pretty much to kill people.
Old 2003-02-11, 01:49
Magic Ball Master

True, but the main purpose of guns was for protection and hunting, hence the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution: the right to bear arms.
Old 2003-02-11, 02:02

Stat from Bowling for Columbine:

8/10 times, a gun used for protection either shoots the wrong person (by accident), or gets used by the intruder, to shoot the owner of the gun.

And explain to me why K-mart sell assault weapons then?
Old 2003-02-11, 11:57
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Swords own guns

And before anyone comments that swords are only used for killing, they should take a look at some martial arts sports...
Old 2003-02-11, 13:55
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Yes, but the same could be said for guns.
--
At least with Swords though, accidental deaths are almost zero.
(unlike the stupid stats on guns, particularly in the US..having a gun in your house actualy makes you 5 times MORE likely to be shot...so much for the "Self protection" thoery )
Old 2003-02-11, 14:32
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Sounds like fun Pandy

I don't really like guns. It's a cowardly way of fighting imo.
Ofcourse, it's an effcient way of fighting, so there.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2003-02-11, 17:27
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Shootthec: Drugdealer in the Liverpool harbor area?

Pandemona: You make lots of strange comments recently. A few weeks ago England was ABSOLUTELEY not your fatherland, and now you say that england is your fatherland.. Also you said "we" in the FOX thread. Strange strange.

Demon: i like you
Old 2003-02-11, 17:33
formerly just angry

Quote:
Originally posted by Pandemona
Actually, have you ever fired a rifle? The adrenaline you get is actually quite something.

And no, I dont kill people, Im a fucking Cadet, not a soldier. But if I was a soldier, I wouldnt feel bad about killing someone. They would not hesistate to kill me, so why feel bad? Its all about fighting for the fatherland isnt it? Isnt it?

Maybe its this kind of attitude that is more dangerous than the weapons themselves. I have nothing against guns.... I own a few air weapons and I enjoy going to firing ranges to use 'proper guns' it's good fun. I firmly believe that the gun issue is overhyped - although that doesn't mean to say I think the laws should be relaxed. However, to say that you should kill someone cos they might kill you is the same kind of mentality as palestinian suicide bombers - and they don't exactly have a good press now do they?
Old 2003-02-11, 19:03
Still in a dream...

No..... In a war its kill or be killed. Which would you rather do? Offcourse, I'd rather not kill anyone, but in a war I wouldn't feel guilty. Axx, I'm in year 10, not 9th grade or whatever. The real army is pretty shit. You have to sit in a real base for 80% of the time. And if you get too high in rank, you can't fight, so that sucks. But back to the issue of guns. Whats the big deal? Its a privilidge to fire a rifle at our age. The whole issue is overhyped, as the_angry_ said.