Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > TwinEngine
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

TwinEngine An opensource reimplementation of the Little Big Adventure game engine. [url]http://twin-e.googlecode.com[/url]

Old 2013-08-08, 22:37
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- klusark: Is it possible to compile ResidualVM with OpenWatcom?
Old 2013-08-09, 03:07
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Battler: I have no idea. Why do you want to use OpenWatcom over other widely supported compilers?
Old 2013-08-11, 17:08
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by klusark View Post
This is the way I do it:
In the folder you checkout open
devtools/create_project/msvc11/create_project.sln
Just replace msvc11 with the version you are using.

Compile that tool.

From the root directory run
Code:
create_project . --msvc --msvc-version 11 --disable-png --disable-flac --disable-vorbis --disable-theora --disable-mpeg2 --disable-mad --disable-mt32emu --disable-scalers --disable-hqscalers --disable-freetype --disable-engine=myst3 --disable-engine=grim
Replace the 11 with the msvc version you want.
This will disable all the libraries that aren't needed for LBA and disable the Grim and Myst3 engines so you don't have to build those.

It will create residualvm.sln which can be used for development.

Since ResidualVM is based off of ScummVM, the instructions here should help you compile on any platforms we support. Note that LBA doesn't require any extra libraries other than SDL right now, so you can ignore most of the library related instructions.
It works! Hahaha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	residual.png‎
Views:	498
Size:	474.0 KB
ID:	9808  

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2013-08-11, 23:54
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by klusark
Battler: I have no idea. Why do you want to use OpenWatcom over other widely supported compilers?
I prefer OpenWatcom become it's less bloated, and can compile for a wide range of platforms. And it's easy to use.
Old 2013-11-16, 22:13
Zebrazilla

Any progress on there?

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2013-11-20, 08:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless View Post
Any progress on there?
Unfortunately, not really. I've been too busy with work and school. I'll make sure to update if I make some progress.
Old 2013-12-10, 15:49

Quote:
Unfortunately, not really. I've been too busy with work and school. I'll make sure to update if I make some progress.
I really want to help you with this engine (if someone needs this ). I would like to help you with 3d programming (OpenGL and GLSL), if you please. I just need some direction - what exactly is needed right now and stuff like that.

Last edited by Morte; 2013-12-10 at 16:03.
Old 2013-12-10, 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morte View Post
I really want to help you with this engine (if someone needs this ). I would like to help you with 3d programming (OpenGL and GLSL), if you please. I just need some direction - what exactly is needed right now and stuff like that.
Ooh, that would be great. I've started working on it a little bit again, trying to get LBA1 working. I haven't been able to make progress on LBA2 pretty much because I'm not sure how to write a proper outside 3d renderer.

The code for rendering models and the code for rendering islands is all there, it just needs to happen together with proper camera and everything. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the code.
Old 2013-12-10, 23:04

Quote:
Ooh, that would be great. I've started working on it a little bit again, trying to get LBA1 working. I haven't been able to make progress on LBA2 pretty much because I'm not sure how to write a proper outside 3d renderer.

The code for rendering models and the code for rendering islands is all there, it just needs to happen together with proper camera and everything. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about the code.
Ok, then I will look into the repo more closely and post reply closer to the weekend.
Old 2013-12-17, 04:41

I've done some more work recently.

I have LBA rendering now. The backgrounds and models render fine, but I can't seem to get animations working. Some scripting works.

I implemented behaviors and collision detection with walls.

My goal right now is to get the first few scenes of LBA1 playable.
Old 2013-12-26, 06:00
Magic Ball Master

Oh well, keep us updated! Its good to hear that you are almost finished with the first scenes already, so be sure to post a video to us showing 'em when you are done
Old 2018-09-30, 17:55

Sorry for resurrecting ancient thread, but I would love to see LBA support in ResidualVM.
Any progress since then?
Old 2018-10-01, 01:09
Magic Ball Master

I haven't heard klusark for awhile, but I don't think he is working on the game.
While working on the lba2remake.net I checked the progress of the game but was idle for a long time.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website