Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic > Member Announcements

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Announcements Announcements like "I'm leaving", "I'm new", "Happy Birthday", etc. goes in here.

Old 2021-10-01, 02:00
First time poster

Dinofly Hi, long time lurker.

Hello! Now with the news about LBA3, I feel I must post at last.

Here's my LBA Life Story.

LBA2 came free with my Windows 98 PC. No box or manual, just the CD. (& a Powerboat racing game) I still have them both well kept.
I didn't even realise that it was a "real" game, thought I might have had the only copy or something.
So, for around 5 years I basically explored Citadel Island and White Leaf Desert, ( * later found out it was a bug, not meant to go there yet)
interacting with characters, collecting kashes. On WLD, racing around that track in the car.
I embarrassingly never cured the storm, never saw the Tralü.
I often played the jukebox in Chez Luc. The music is my most adored thing about LBA. Honey Bee is one of my all time favourite songs. <3
I loved the game, despite not doing that much. Think I often played on rainy days, which felt cozy.

* In 2002/3 I got the internet, looked the game up, found the MBN, and Wow! there are other people that have played this, it was a "real" game to actually buy.
I finally played through the whole game; but unfortunately by using a walkthrough, wish I hadn't.

Later, in 2011 I bought LBA1(+2) via GOG.

Those 5 years may have influenced how I tend to play games now; exploration, taking my time with them! Their music is one of my favouite aspects too.

things:
I printed out the Oripuzzle which I still have out, making me think of lba every day.
I still use the same speakers from that old PC, that I first heard lba through.
Old 2021-10-01, 13:10
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I noticed I was sometimes rushing through some games, and found that it was indeed really a shame.
I also try to take it slower nowadays.
But the problem is it can turn to the extreme opposite: being a completionist is also sometimes tedious and you're asking yourself "what am I doing with my life?"

I guess there should be some kind of balance to find
Old 2021-10-05, 20:41
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celairia View Post
Hello! Now with the news about LBA3, I feel I must post at last.

Here's my LBA Life Story.

(...)

things:
I printed out the Oripuzzle which I still have out, making me think of lba every day.
I still use the same speakers from that old PC, that I first heard lba through.
Hello and welcome!

Glad you have finally decided to join us and thanks for sharing your story. I think we all here can relate to those feelings at some level! And yeah, walkthoughs suck... save for some part where you are REALLY REALLY stuck in for days and you'd just like to move on because your head hurts from even thinking about it.

Anyway, it's a good thing LBA 3 will be here so we can all finish it without any walkthoughs!

I've particularly enjoyed the part you mention about having the same speakers, as an audiophile and/or audio enthuasiast myself I know how particular models will have just that particular sound which triggers all kinds of nostalgy and special feelings in us, it's really something only your ears will catch on but wouldn't make any difference to others.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2021-10-05, 20:56
strange dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hin View Post
I noticed I was sometimes rushing through some games, and found that it was indeed really a shame.
I also try to take it slower nowadays.
But the problem is it can turn to the extreme opposite: being a completionist is also sometimes tedious and you're asking yourself "what am I doing with my life?"

I guess there should be some kind of balance to find
Yes. It is a one time experience, after you know what happens, it is ruined, the fun... much like knowing all the spoilers in movies... so it is worth to take your time!