Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2017-09-15, 11:46
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Terrible message concerning Darkflame

Hi,

Yeah, so, me posting, it's bad.

http://atresica.nl/images/qut/fml.html

I'm sorry we couldn't inform the community that brought us together earlier. It's all going quicker than we hoped.

Love,

Tresi

Yes, this is fucking real.
Old 2017-09-15, 13:29
Neko

wow that is such sad news.
Truly shocked
Old 2017-09-15, 15:54
weee

Hi Bertine,

I read your message a few hours ago when you posted it here and on Facebook. I didn't want to believe what I was reading. For the past few hours I've been trying to process that information and let that sink in... a lot of tears were involved. It still hadn't. I can't believe this is happening... I just want to wake up from this nightmare.

Even though I never met Thomas or even vocally spoken with him he's a very important person in my life. And he's a friend. This is devastating.

Is there still a way to reach to him?
Old 2017-09-15, 16:54

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
You two have all of our support, in whatever way we can give it.
Old 2017-09-15, 17:00
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Hi Bertine,

I read your message a few hours ago when you posted it here and on Facebook. I didn't want to believe what I was reading. For the past few hours I've been trying to process that information and let that sink in... a lot of tears were involved. It still hadn't. I can't believe this is happening... I just want to wake up from this nightmare.

Even though I never met Thomas or even vocally spoken with him he's a very important person in my life. And he's a friend. This is devastating.

Is there still a way to reach to him?
Fuck man, I know what you mean. It's just so fucked up. We had hoped we had a lot longer since we heard three weeks ago the doctors could no longer control his disease.

At this moment, he's too weak and sleepy to access the pc. The only way to reach him is pass a message to me.
Old 2017-09-15, 17:27

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Tell him we love him very much. I don't know what other message to pass.
Old 2017-09-15, 17:57
Zebrazilla

Trying to find right words to say in a situation like this. I can't find the right words. I can't honestly see how there could be any right words. Even though it is only through words on this forum that I have ever known Darkflame, his presence transcends those very words.

Still trying to wrap my head around all of this and all I can think to say here is that Darkflame matters to all of us and that our thoughts are with him, you and his whole family.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2017-09-15, 18:49
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atresica View Post
At this moment, he's too weak and sleepy to access the pc. The only way to reach him is pass a message to me.
It wasn't easy for me emotionally but I sent you a PM. If it's not too troubling for either of you it would mean a lot if he receives it.
Old 2017-09-15, 19:19
Idyllic + whimsical

Wow, I don't know what to say, only that I can't even imagine how hard it is for both of you to go through this.

I tried to write in this paragraph all kinds of things, but they all seem so meaningless in this situation. So all I can say it that I hope you're finding the strength to cope with this, either on your own or with the help of your loved ones.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2017-09-15, 22:57
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
I'm so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you and Darkflame and your loved ones.
Old 2017-09-16, 00:51
Previously Link

Indeed, very very sad news. Very unexpected. I understand why he'd want to keep it secret all those years, though.
I wish you a lot of courage and strength to go through this hell, and much love to Darkflame.
Old 2017-09-16, 01:45
Quetching a Mr.

Whatever I have to say cannot even remotely compare with this...

I haven't been here long enough to know anyone well - especially not on a personal level, even though it has been several years since I've been here.

I am truly impressed with Darkflames projects, and hope that programmers here on the MBN are willing to take this matter into their own hands. It will take me a long time to understand the the language he has been working on if I'm willing to do it.

Realistically, I agree with most members on here. I have nothing I can do to help. Cancer is truly awful. It's the unfortunate truth... And there is no way to completely get around that.

I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better, Darkflame. Really...

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints I will pray all that I can for your health. I will pray for you... I will fast for you also... Because I love you...

If this is it... I've come to say goodbye, Darkflame.

Thanks for the message, Atresica.
Old 2017-09-16, 11:45
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

This is very saddening to hear. I really don't know what I can say in this situation, only that this must be absolutely horrible and that I wish you all the strength and courage that you need to deal with this. Much love.
And gave it a name, so then it wasn't mine
Old 2017-09-16, 11:52
What is this place?

Hi everyone.

Tom passed away last night. We talked with each other shortly before hand. Expressed love. Gave each other a kiss. Wished him a good night. He passed away next to me, peacefully, painless and asleep.

I am honoured to have known and loved a man like him. Let us celebrate his life and joy for life.

We had hoped of course things would last longer, but we soon found both peace with his fate.

I just want to thank you as a community so much. This game brought us together & was the sole reason we got to know each other. He sends all his love to you.
Old 2017-09-16, 12:23
Look beyond reality.

I am absolutely shocked. Don't need to explain just how much we didn't see this coming. Thomas was a great addition to this community, and as mentioned earlier in this thread a person whom you could call a true friend around here, even if you never even met him in person. I so regret not meeting him in person now, though.

I remember Thomas as a very quirky and funny person, who always ventured into new creative paths, and did so passionately and absolutely. I've always found that to be a trait I sometimes lack, or don't have the courage to, and that's something I'll always remember him for.

Best of luck in these horrible times, nobody should be in the position you're in, especially not at such young age. I wish you, and your family all the best. Also to friends and especially the rest of this community here.
Old 2017-09-16, 13:02
Do the evolution.

Been trying to write anything meaningful since I first saw your post, but nothing that comes to mind seems to matter in light of such a horrible tragedy.

Tom will be remembered and missed.
Old 2017-09-16, 14:56
hmz

Send a message via ICQ to {}ghost{}
This is terrible news. I haven't been on here in about 15 years, but Thomas is one of the few people I've been following on FB, and someone whom I always regarded to as one of the smartest people I've known. He will be missed.

I've been staring at the screen for too long. I'm really not great at writing this sort of thing. I'll simply end by saying my thoughts and love go to you and to Thomas' loved ones.
Old 2017-09-16, 15:24
LBA fan

I'm very sad to read this. It's a tragedy. As others have pointed out, it's hard to write anything meaningful in this situation. Although we have never been close, I will always remember Darkflame as an intelligent, honest and kind person. He was the soul of this community. I wish you peace and strength. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 2017-09-16, 18:11
~le photographer~

Send a message via MSN to MatheusMK3
So sad to hear this, it's been some time I don't come around here, but I remember him... Wish you peace and strength for going through this, much love for you and your families ❤

Web | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
Old 2017-09-16, 18:35
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Not much I can add to what's been said. This is just terrible, terrible news.
Old 2017-09-16, 18:57
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
Rest in peace Darkflame you'll always be with us on the MBN. He always been sage and knew how to talk to people. It was always a pleasure to discuss with him. #fuckcancer
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2017-09-16, 19:28
Amnesti

Even though i didn't know him personally, I'm really saddened by these news. I wish you the best of luck.
2nd place LBA ANY% 52:59
https://www.twitch.tv/amnesti

Citadel Island in Unity
https://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=17983
Old 2017-09-16, 19:30
the legend

Much love to Darkflame.
A good friend, companion and a wise member of this community.
I'm glad to have shared a part of my life with him, even if only virtually.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2017-09-16, 19:42
Polly parrot

I... Can't begin to express what I feel... But felt stupid not writing anything. Rest In Peace, Darkflame.

Hold tight, Atresica, you can get through this.
Old 2017-09-16, 20:07
Quetching a Mr.

That's really too bad that he passed - terrible...

I never knew LBA was what brought you guys together...

We should now walk in the ways of Darkflame, and become the most peaceful community that we can be. We need to be kind, loving, and passionate as he was.