Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2008-01-10, 15:15
Magic Ball Master

This is kind of fun to read. Not because I agree, but because I'm waiting for the mass flames that I won't be involved in.

And Aule, we're not giving anyone anything. They'll be Christian, and like it, or else. (This message will self-destruct in 3 seconds.)
Old 2008-01-11, 00:01
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden View Post
He will pull out American troops from every place where it is not in the "national interest" to keep them. What do you think will happen in Iraq if the US pulls out? What happens to South Korea if US leaves it? His isolationist non-interventionist policies might sound "cool" on paper, but in practice they are ridiculous. He has questioned Lincoln's policies in the civil war as well.
That strategy seems to have worked pretty good for Sweden over the last 200 years.
Old 2008-01-11, 16:37
The return of

Hmm, the last time some Philippino dudes tried to preach in Riyadh they got proper fucked, I wouldn't count on Christianity making it here any time soon

Also, Homless, amazing post, well said!
Old 2008-01-11, 17:35
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
Hmm, the last time some Philippino dudes tried to preach in Riyadh they got proper fucked, I wouldn't count on Christianity making it here any time soon
Then, we'll have to start a Crusade!

Erm...hmm...
Old 2008-01-11, 17:58
The return of

If my history serves me well, crusades only result in less christians in the west, and slightly more (non local) christians in the mideast. Overall less christians, but slightly spread out, and lots of blood... hmm... i can smell the blood now...
Old 2008-01-11, 20:47
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
If my history serves me well, crusades only result in less christians in the west, and slightly more (non local) christians in the mideast. Overall less christians, but slightly spread out, and lots of blood... hmm... i can smell the blood now...
Can't we have a modern day crusade? I mean, you know, with UAV's and such? That would be interesting.
Old 2008-01-11, 21:55
The return of

IT HAS BEGUN.

I was driving in Saudi today, and I noticed something that almost cost me my life, American (and French) flags on EVERY lightpole along one of the main motorways. I steered straight into oncoming traffic, which then steered into further oncoming traffic!

Bin Laden must be kicking himself.
Old 2008-01-11, 22:34
Magic Ball Master

I don't understand that.
Old 2008-01-11, 22:43
The return of

Axx for dummies!

Chapter one Axx declares, in responce to JJ, that the crusades he speaks of have begun

Chapter two Axx drives down conservative anti american streets of Saudi Arabia

Chapter three Axx notices, for several miles, light poles with American, French, and Saudi Flags on them

Chapter four Axx, surprised by this unusual sight, discards oncoming traffic

Chapter five Axx makes point that Bin Laden must be feeling quite distressed with American flags paraded on the streets of Saudi Arabia
Old 2008-01-11, 23:24
Neko

well if someone really is for pulling out us troops out of places where they do not belong (actually, everywhere outside of USA!), it seems like someone finally has some sense.

It's a bit tacky to claim that it is naive and '200' years ago to do it like this. But in the end that is just another excuse not to do it.

"we need to go to war with Iraq, they got massive destruction weapons"

They were wrong. now their stay caused only MORE problems. So instead of pulling back they make the same mistake; they think Iraq is their responsibility.
Appearently, they thought they were responsible before invading it too.
Old 2008-01-11, 23:53
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
massive destruction weapons
Do the fat-man.

Also, I'm starting to hate this elitist bullshit, that the government thinks it knows better then the people. The people want their troops out, if the government can't produce viable evidence for such an operation, and then does it despite the public opinion, it should get sacked. I agree there are extreme cases of intelligence data that should be kept secret, but it should be released for public debate as fast as possible. Such a democracy, in wich a group of people thinks that they are above the voters, is a so called totalitarian democracy, in wich a dictator is elected. It is the disgrace of the US government thinking that the administration does not need to explain it's actions to the voters, and after a failure like this every decent man would resign.

I can pretty sure understand the need to go to war to stabilise oil trade, wich is viable for the world. And it is pretty much sure they went there mainly to do that, to get the oil trade into private hands, to disconnect it from the Iraqi government that was an unstable link. And they should have stated their purpose clear and right at the beginning, and then build support on that, that the goal is to protect free trade. All that liberation bullshit, sure it might've been a "side-quest" too, but now they're finished go and liberate Chechnya ffs!

Last edited by Jasiek; 2008-01-12 at 00:40.
Old 2008-01-12, 00:42
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
go and liberate Chechnya ffs!
That is definitely Jasiek quote of the year
Old 2008-01-12, 11:38
Magic Ball Master

Someone said that the only difference between Saddam and Putin was that Putin has the weapons that Saddam didn't; and further, if Saddam would have had the mass destruction weapons, he would have never been attacked, but instead could hold speeches about the Shia and Kurdish terrorism in his country and would have been invited to Schröder's 60th birthday, who'd be calling him a "Lupenreiner Demokrat" ("flawless democrat", he said that about Putin).

...also an option to look at things...
Old 2008-01-12, 14:17
Do the evolution.

http://www.digyourowngrave.com/conse...oon-all-stars/

Tags
elections, politics