Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2007-08-01, 01:41
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Facebook

Does anyone here have Facebook? Add me: "Gustav Lundblad".
Old 2007-08-01, 11:44
Panadol It's My Choice

Send a message via MSN to panadol
Add me : "Seal Scott"
Old 2007-08-01, 22:25
Magic Ball Master

Hate, hate, hate this shit.

Seriously, I a.) don't have time and b.) don't care enough and c.) probably don't have enough people who care about me to do this, MySpace, LiveJournal, etc.

And another reason? Many employers check for these sites to find out stuff...so if you have pics of yourself smoking a bong whilst banging a donkey, probably a good idea to get those off of there...

Anyways, carry on mates!
Old 2007-08-02, 18:50
Sheepie for short

Unlike Myspace, you would only be able to see such pictures if you had been added as a "friend". And even then it's possible to increase privacy for certain people.

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2007-08-04, 17:39
You what?!

Myspace can be set up as a private profile as well, but the default setting is viewable by all.

And if employers do check that stuff out (I know universities do) then use it to your advantage.
Old 2007-08-04, 21:54
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
There was a big article about this site in one of Israel's newspapers on Friday, and all I could think of was "OK... what's all the hoo-hah about? What is even the point of the site?".

A "social network" site? Seriously, what is it good for?
Old 2007-08-04, 22:10
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Well, to me it seems that these sites might be trying to get an audience that are new to the Internet.

About the privacy part, isn't it possible/likely that they just added: "you agree that we have rights to use your uploaded material anyway we want" in the license agreement?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-08-04, 22:22
Lemonhead

Jeez, I completely hate these sites, too. Personal pages and blogs: I can kinda see how people would be bothered about making them, to express there views on different subjects - but when will they realize that hardly anybody will view them, and the few people that will don't give a damn, anyway!
Old 2007-08-04, 23:45
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
There was a big article about this site in one of Israel's newspapers on Friday, and all I could think of was "OK... what's all the hoo-hah about? What is even the point of the site?".

it's very easy to keep track of people, or to find people back with whom track has been lost. I use them (but not facebook).

oh, and my blog is also for myself really, so I remember what I've been doing. Thanks to my blog, I know that I've been working on my last script for 4 months for example - something I can bear in mind when on my next assignment.
Old 2007-08-05, 01:25
You what?!

My Myspace blog is full of random shit I find on the internet, along with some weird stories I write when I get bored and hyper. But like Q says, I've met a lot of old school friends through both Myspace and Facebook...

Otherwise, I just like customising my page... It's a nice place for me to leave my lists of favourite tv shows and movies and such. The thing I don't like about it is that top friends... It's forced me to rate my friends in order like I'd never have done before. And it's a real competition to some people, they will move up people who move them up first, and apparently they're really good friends, but meh. Mine are just in order but yeah, I don't like having to rate them.

Facebook is a bit cleaner, and it's actually a lot more boring because there's really not very much you can do with it except fill out the default layout of the profile. At least with Myspace you can get a cool background, although some people do really weird stuff, and I hate messy pages. I do like the groups on Facebook though.

I think I've said too much. Kudos to anyone who reads my whole post, it's boring as shit.
Old 2007-08-06, 00:28

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I hate facebook. It used to be this nice, cozy community for College students. Now it's turned into an online-journal for everybody kinda thing. Really obnoxious.
Old 2007-08-06, 04:20
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Photos, keeping in touch with people, shits and giggles and time wasting. I don't like MySpace, but I think FaceBook is pretty decent.

If you don't have any friends though, then I suppose it's indeed useless...
Old 2007-08-06, 14:22
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy View Post
If you don't have any friends though, then I suppose it's indeed useless...
"You don't understand...I make love to my hand...You'd better believe it honey...I beat my dick like it owes me money."

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/...Chappelle.html
Old 2007-08-06, 14:53
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Atchoo!!
Old 2007-08-09, 03:25
Magic Ball Master

I generally dislike the narcissistic culture website such as Facebook and Myspace give rise to. Carefully taken photos designed to show a person in a flattering light, then replies which offer little more than 'omfg, ur so pretty'. Then photo albums stuffed with pictures from nights out that could be anywhere, any place, any time. Repeat to fade.

Anyone who I care about keeping in touch with, I have them in my phone book or on MSN Messenger or whatever. If I lost touch with someone over the years, there's normally a good reason for it. Not only that, but I don't like seeing my face plastered all over the internet, and I don't like having my social plans openlly discussed on the 'walls' of said websites.
Old 2007-08-09, 21:16
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
I want Darkflame's view, but I'm afraid it's going to be too long and boring to read.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-08-10, 05:16
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns View Post
I want Darkflame's view, but I'm afraid it's going to be too long and boring to read.

maybe too long, but not always boring
Old 2007-08-10, 23:08
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
There was a big article about this site in one of Israel's newspapers on Friday, and all I could think of was "OK... what's all the hoo-hah about?"
Hoo-hah....

Anyway I'm on this one social networking website, an Israeli one that you can't make your own ugly page, just have a profile and some pictures.
I find it useful because I can keep in touch with various people (like a friend of mine that is already 2 months in the USA) and with the networking thing I can find people I forgot about by going from one friend's profile to another.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2007-08-11, 09:00
Radical Dreamer

www.studivz.net
Old 2007-08-11, 22:20
formerly just angry

So how are people going to add eachother then? I have facebook - would be interested in addeing a few MBN members!
Old 2007-08-13, 01:32
You what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBall2K View Post
Anyway I'm on this one social networking website, an Israeli one that you can't make your own ugly page, just have a profile and some pictures.
That sounds exactly like Facebook.
Old 2007-08-14, 01:50
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_monkey View Post
So how are people going to add eachother then? I have facebook - would be interested in addeing a few MBN members!
Search for the name and click add friend. Your name is a bit too common to be able to find, but Gustav Lundblad is very searchable

I added mr Seal Scott!
Old 2007-08-14, 06:07
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
That sounds exactly like Facebook.
I said that compared to Myspace.
And actually that website is even cleaner, it's all about one profile page and one picture page and that's it.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2007-08-14, 14:21
ooh ha ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapman View Post
I generally dislike the narcissistic culture website such as Facebook and Myspace give rise to. Carefully taken photos designed to show a person in a flattering light, then replies which offer little more than 'omfg, ur so pretty'. Then photo albums stuffed with pictures from nights out that could be anywhere, any place, any time. Repeat to fade.

Anyone who I care about keeping in touch with, I have them in my phone book or on MSN Messenger or whatever. If I lost touch with someone over the years, there's normally a good reason for it. Not only that, but I don't like seeing my face plastered all over the internet, and I don't like having my social plans openlly discussed on the 'walls' of said websites.
Quoted for emphesis.

Blogs, photo diaries, instant messangers, communites - the internet has generated an inflation of different forums for us, to assert our opinions, confess our inner emotions and tell generic worthless information about ourselves at any given moment, for anyone to read.
What you are listening to right now? What you are doing at this precise moment? What clothes did you wear today?
It's enough to make anyone sick, really.

If the internet has done one thing, it's showing how desperately people are searching for self-acknowledgement.

Last edited by Alchemist; 2007-08-14 at 14:32.
Old 2007-08-14, 19:28
formerly just angry

Meh - it's just a bit of fun. I am generally crap at ringing people but whilst I am on t'internet it's easy to stay in touch. Trouble is most of my friends would never be on MSN or a forum etc. Granted I now have several people on my friends list who I will most likely never talk to again but that's no biggy - it helps me stay in touch with people I genuinely want to...