Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2001-06-30, 01:38
The return of

Exclamation Islam?

post your ideas thoughts questions or whatever you think about islam and ill correct it.
(im muslim)
Old 2001-06-30, 06:19
'sup dude?

Send a message via AIM to stripe
Here's one for you:

What are the Muslim ideas of war and violence? I know Christianity has no unified view of this, (ie... I'm a Christian and a pacifist, which means I don't think any war is right, but many other Christians are OK with war) but does Islam?

stripe
Old 2001-06-30, 08:11
Radical Dreamer

pacifists rule I'm against violence too (but I'm not a pacifist but a free edge)

hmmmz islam... eh eh eh *think* ponder ponder ponder *think*
Old 2001-06-30, 11:43
Magic Ball Master

I think this one is true: the Islam is a religion that is unfriendly for women.

Not saying anything bad about the Islam, Axx, and you should believe in what you want, but I think this is true. But please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2001-06-30, 13:57
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
This Jihad, isn't that suppost to mean a war that is been thought inside your body instead of a war that is thought against so-called 'heretics'?

Everybody is considdering your religion as dangerous, IMO, it's only because those reli-freaks in Islamitic countries have too much influence. Another problem is that unlike the Catholikes, most moslims can't 'disobey' your religious leader. and that while way to many religious leaders are also as ignorant as a 2 year old kid.

The cover women stuff... the idea behind it is okey (for protection agaist the 'bad' nature of men and so) but I think it is on the other hand pretty handy in those countries, for what I've seen, men are also pretty covered as protection against the sun.
But totaly being dressed in a country like mine? Nah
Old 2001-07-01, 11:51
Idyllic + whimsical

Did you know?
In Saudi Arabia the goverment blocks 400,000 websites, and checks
the people's email and surfing history?

I read it today...
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2001-07-01, 15:02
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Because most Islamic countries are being ruled with the Koran.
And for a hugh part it's simply ignorance of those who do it.
Many people are afraid for Islamic influences because Islamic countries are not considdered as really developed (as in politics, religion and social stuff). But I think it's about the same reason why Islamics are afraid of American (can imagen ) and European
Old 2001-07-01, 22:59
master of electronica

Exclamation Axx...Are these things true? (all can disscuss)

Well, I would be very scared to go to Islam countires...why?

1.) In Afhanistan, music is banned..it was on telivision.
2.) If a woman and man is found in a car together, no matter what they are doing, the women is wipped or killed. (On TV)
3.) The whole cover-up-woman thingy
4.) A general hatred towards Westerners (On TV)
5.) They say "love and peace" So why do the Talaban kill any who don't do what exactly what they want? (Newspaper report)
6.) If you're gay you're killed (Book)
7.) Backward punishments..whipping, excecution, ect...
8.) Men must have beards (?!) I just read that now.
9.) In Afghanistan, if you don't go to the Mosk on time, you are beaten up.
10.) In the newspaper, I read that Hindus in those countries had to wear badges to say they were Hindus (like the Jews) and women had to be covered up like the muslims..
And there's more, but I don't want to say the rest....
Old 2001-07-02, 10:28
Magic Ball Master

CS2x: I've merged your thread with the one of Axx: same content.
Old 2001-07-02, 20:41
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Send a message via ICQ to SmoG Temple
Wait, i don't understand.
Are palestinian or from saudi arabia?
Old 2001-07-02, 22:04
master of electronica

So most Muslim countries aren't like Afganistan, Axx? If they are...well....I feel sory for you. If they're not-cool!
Old 2001-07-02, 23:33
Mageling at heart

Re: Re: Axx...Are these things true? (all can disscuss)

Quote:
Originally posted by Axx

6)If youre doing gay things your wiped.10 times.
Well doesn't that make it better.
- kirsty maccoll
Old 2001-07-02, 23:41
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Send a message via ICQ to SmoG Temple
Yeah, i know about meca, people used to go there every year, i think...?
Were you born is palestine?
Old 2001-07-04, 08:52
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Actually the 10 commandments could be improved quite a bit.
Why should you honour your Father and Mother? (Why shouldn't you honour everyone?)
Why should you worship no other gods except the one mentioned in the bible? (Note: I'm sure this is a mistranslation of something else, I can't believe any benevolent being would have said this)
ect.
Its much simpler to combine them:
"Do no harm to sentient beings"
I think that covers everything, doesn't it?
Old 2001-07-04, 10:15
hmz

Send a message via ICQ to {}ghost{}
Quote:
Originally posted by Axx
Jihad: .......
I have a question,
what the point in commiting a suicide, and kill 18 kids who are between 14to18, who havent done ANYTHING to your people?

Because of the Jihad and fighting for the god?!?!?!?!
Hell of a reason
I dont see any Israeli kids throw stones do you?
(ahm Wacko no we dont )
Old 2001-07-04, 20:12
master of electronica

Well, really the Islam countries surrounding Israel simply want it destroyed, or to own it...strong words, but it's true. They have always hated Israel from the beggining. Of course, this has nothing to do with religion.......Islam is, well, a fine religion (although I'm a Christian, because the Christian God is a God of love and respect, and most importantly EQUALITY)

Proper Christans are NOT judgemental, Darkflame.

And Darkflame, the ten Commandments aren't to be taken literallY....as Jesus said,"Thou Shalt Not Kill" basically means don't be nasty to people...and so on.

Last edited by CS2x; 2001-07-04 at 20:43.
Old 2001-07-05, 09:24
hmz

Wacko sent an email-interview back then to couple of israelis for his electure at school (presentation ) so I dont think he would mind if i post my long answer here
and yes, we're to be blamed as well
but I just dont like the thought that you want us dead, and we just need to accept that..

its pretty long if anyone dont feel like reading please skip on

Quote:
>== Do you have any more tips for our presentation? (Do you know something

btw, though i will answer only the truth about these questions, I think that the public opinion about us is really bad, and truely? I dont think Israel is rightous (if that's how you spell it). I dont think that the palastines are rightous either, but its not as if we're these little perfect angles or something.. the media makes both "nations" feel as if they are ok and the enemy isnt.. that's just too bad..
In israel we see pictures of dying people, because of terroism and such
but the palastines have a great Media people, and they are very smart. They showed the world before we did their side. If a war would start now, between A and B, two countries you dont give the **** about, and you would see A troops shooting B little kids.. helpless.. bombed.. in which side will you be? of course B's.. =\
that's the main problem
we're much stronger than they are
but we would never start a war or anything, its not our interest, because the public opinion about us sucks
everyone thinks about the middle east problems, and imagine those pictures of shot palastines kids.. Well, of course we killed them, and we sometimes kill innconet, but what the world havent really saw is our side
I think that if it had seen our side, it wouldnt be in our favor, but netrul. We deserve that. Those kids are throwing stones at troops, what do you expect them to do? the parents intensionly send the kids, its ALL ABOUT PUBLIC OPINION
it binds our government
not everyone think as i do, but im pretty sure that im close to what the government advisors think.. (not showing off or anything)
did you hear about the last bombing?
a suicide bomber came near a club, and killed 18 kids, at the ages of 14-18.. wounded 64.. some still fight for their life..
they started to play dirty, because they know its the only way to pressure the government.. they are waiting for one mistake.. They wouldnt want to start a war either, the first one who shouts "WAR" loses.. but if they would hurt us in the right spots, the prime minister would be in big pressure of the israeli people who chose him, and when this will happen, and if he would say "no more ignoring, now we do something about it" he would fall for the trap.. the palastines would just use it against us
Israel has about 2 allies, and 15 haters.. which are all around it.. pretty diffecult to live like that, but that's just how it is
because the world doesnt know about what's happening in israel (i watched TV while in the US, it seems so much against us, and i dont blame the US, its because our Media crew didnt make it in time) he wont support us, we cant do a thing about it

also people start to talk about how Israel got independent, some rebels bombed some places in which the british ppl were, but we never commited suiciede for that..

when i was talking on the phone with Bomba, he was suprised when I told him I dont think the israel nation is fine.. the government is ok for now, but it wont last much longer.. we're in big trouble.. Many wouldnt agree with me, but i think they got too exposed to the media

and as a conclusion: if an israeli would be killed by a palanstini,
the next day you would see in the israeli newspaper, in big letters and clear font - "A PALASTINI MURDERED AN ISRAELI"

but, if a palastini would be killed by an israeli, it would say in a smaller post at the edge of the page - "a palastini was killed by an israeli"

first, the Active - Passive thingy, that means MUCH
the whole nation reads newspaper
think about it, they are actually dripping this ideas into our minds slowly slowly, and then we just start believing in it!
second, the key word.
There was once a test. Some people were showed a movie in which a car hit a tree.
one week later, they were called again and arranged in groups
to one group, someone said: "When the car hit the tree, was the window broken?"
and for another, it was "when the car CRUSHED AT the tree, etc. etc.
you can guess the answers yourself
more than 50% difference..
only few knew the truth
(there were more questions, with more key words as bumped at etc., but that's enough for now )

>== What's your age?

>== What's your religion? (Jewish, or...)
Jewish, but i never did anything jewisem. didnt do a bar mitzva, i think that the religous people here are fake and hopeless.

>== Can you describe what's going on in Israël at the moment?
I think i already discribed, look up

>== Who's side are you on?
Israeli, still.

>== Do you think this war is usefull? (Does it make any sense in your opinion?)
No

>== Are you afraid your country will lose land?
afraid, as in frighting, no, i dont care about losing some land for piece. afraid, as in, am i think it will, yes, i do.

>== Do you believe in peace in your country?
ah? sorry i dont really get it.. you mean, inside country piece? if so, then i dont. our country is storming.

>== Are you and/or your family / friends / relatives victim of the war? If yes, what happened to them? (did they lose their home, did they have to move, etc)

ahm.. as i said, you outside middle east people dont really get how its REALLY is here.. I have a friend of my mother who lost her whole family in a suicide bombing.. lost their home, eh.. =\

>== Do you "help" in the war? (throwing stones, etc.)
AH? these are the PALASTINES CHILDREN
God is it THAT bad???
No israeli children ever threw stones at them!
oh my god i hope its the interview maker mistake, because if that's what you actually think about us then its worse than i thought. You should tell that to your class you know..
Old 2001-07-05, 13:48
Free. Free. Free. Free.

Send a message via MSN to Evil-Twinsen
AXX
You wanna know what our problem is? We coutn too much on our leaders
Sharon is stupid, Peres is stupid, Arafat is stupid, whoever-you-consider-your-leader is stupid, and why si that? Because they sit down and argue about another piece of land while their kids are getting killed.
REVENGE is not the way, and you shouldn't think like that. Revenge causes revenge causes revenge, and if you REALLY care about your people not getting hurt, you shouldn't avenge their death, but try to solve the problems. NO ONE here wants war, not us, and not you, so wtf is the problem? The problem is taht we turn everything into incidents, we sit and talk instead of taking some real actions, not war actions, not diplomatical actions, but simply understanding the other side, and shutting the hell up.

My theor - if I shutup and you shutup, we all leave in peace.

So stfu
Live.
Old 2001-07-05, 13:57
hmz

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Twinsen
NO ONE here wants war, not us, and not you

Sharon is stupid
Peres too
also your leader

but that's ^^ not true

They do want war, plus us, dead.
Not most of them though, the civilians dont, and so many others, but the reliegous ones who really believe that our reliegon must be exterminated and that Jerusalem must be in Islamic terretory do

THAT'S the problem

too bad we revenged because of them,
and then they revenged because of that,
and then..
Loop..
Old 2001-07-05, 17:07
hmz

What?!?!?!
No way he was christian

He was from an islamic city in OUR country

I know they want Jeruslaem, but do they think its THAT important that killing Israelis is a good thing??
they're acting like babies they just wont accept they cant have something..

about others islamic people, though i admit i dont really like their style and tradisions, i have nothing against them nor against you, only against those who wants me dead, I think that makes sense..

Besides are you SURE you're from Saudia Arabia?

I thought you guys are millioners, isnt that the country that has the most oil on earth?

Maybe im confusing with the countries, but if that's the one I think of then your econmic condition must be great..

The whole world depends on you actually
Old 2001-07-05, 23:50
hmz

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil-Twinsen
Well what d'u think about Jews?

All the Islamic leaders say it is right to kill Jews, that's the main reason I don't like the Islam. However, I don't like any religion, and not because I don't believe in God. I'm Jewish and I believe in God, only not in the same way other people believe in their God. I don't like the way some stupid Palestinians believe that if they'll bomb themselves inside a bus in Israel they will get to heaven and will meet with their God. They kill themselves for their God, this is so stupid. They believe that because their bible, the "Koran", says that killing Jews is good and justified, then that's what their God wants. They don't understand that the ones who wrote these things are just plain (and kinda stupid) old old people.

I believe there's a God, and I have "respect" for it (yes, "it"). God isn't some old grandpa, he ain't Moses, he ain't Jesus and he ain't Muhamad. God is everywhere, God is the very existence of everything.

EVERYTHING quoted here is EXACTLY what I think personally

I believe in god, I never did anything related to jewism, personaly I think Jewism sucks, because people cant do ANYTHING on Saturdays, the holy day, when I asked for a milkshake (strawberrie flavor of course ) at an hotel at Eilat once they said:
"No"

me: "OH NO! WHY?"

waitress: "We can do it because we will have to PLUG IN the mixer (to make the milkshake)"

AH! How stupid! And I didnt get my Strawberrie milkshake

from the other hand exploding so they would go to heavens doesnt sound so smart either..
Old 2001-07-05, 23:55
hmz

No actually I didnt know there are many AXX..
Old 2001-07-06, 02:48
hmz

Where exactly do you leave?

and why does it say "Saudi Arabia" in your "Location" then?
Old 2001-07-07, 09:23
Free. Free. Free. Free.

Ok, here's small story for all of us -

Let's say my grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-dad's uncle shared a box of candies with Axx' grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-dad's uncle.

k?

Wonderful.

Now, let's say that ever since, every generation after those uncles shared the box too. However, each time there was one guy who "rules it more". That means, that one generation MY family had more people, so more people could claim for the box of chocolates, and another generation AXX' family had more people, so more people from his family could claim for the box of chocolate.

Understood?

Outstanding.

And so, after a few thousands of years, we come to this generation. Right now, my family's MUCH bigger than Axx's, but Axx still has some citizens living in Jerusa, uh, I mean, Axx still has people with the rights for the box of chocolate.
Suddenly, a few of the old old people in Axx' family suddenly tell themselves - "Wtf?! This stupid generation won't end! They're here for 50 years now! Fuck this, we want some of that yummy chocolate!!!".
So this group of old people decide - "IT's time we took action and got ourselves some of that yummy chocolate!"
So the oldest and wisest man in Axx' family decides to sit down and talk to the oldest and wisest man in MY family about giving them some of the yummy chocolate.
However - they forget one detail - the rest of the people in Axx' family and the rest of the people in my family don't really care 'bout the chocolate. They like strawberry, damnit. So they each try and get some strawberry. Seperately. Even though searching for strawberry together would be much more efficiant. But they can't search for Strawberries together. Why? Cause they're grandparents are fighting. And if they're grandparents are fighting, that means they gotta fight too. so people in my family start screaming "Death to the Axx'", while not even really knowing all the guyz in Axx' family, and people in Axx' family start bombing themselves into itzi bitzi people in order to kill a bunch of guys in my family, that they don't even know.
All that because of a box of chocolate that no one except some old nostalgic dudes REALLY want. Along the years, the box of chocolate somehow became a saint. No one made it a saint, it used to be just a box of chocolate 2 old dudes bought at a market for 6 shekel. But now - it's a saint. Why? Cause they heard it tastes good. So they blow themselves up, or bombing areas surrounding it and by doing that, they risk the box of chocolate's safety. And through the chorus of that time, no one really thought of shutting the hell up, sitting down, and trying to actually ENJOY the box of chocolate they've been fighting for for 50 years now.

Translation
Jews and Arabs were living here in harmony for ages now, and never had problems until around 50 years ago. Why the sudden commotion? Probably because of the relevantly good economic state there is in the world these years, and the liberty in other countries. Although many of the Palestinians won't admit it, they want a piece of that. It seems like the Israelis are having that, and they're simply jealous (And I don't say that in vain or anything, I really am talking objectively). So anyway, instead of being happy with the land they do have and trying to improve the quality of life there, they decide to go out and fight for Jerusalem, because "they grandparents tell them it's a saint city". Why is it a saint city? Because a the bible says it is, so stfu and die for it.
So these people decide to die for that piece of land, and by doing that they act in complete opposition to the princibles the "free world" that they so want to be in, represents.
The ISraelis ain't much better. They listen to they're leaders too. Even the ones who don't live in Jerusalem, don't believe in God, and never set foot anywhere near Jerusalem. So y fight for it? Daddy told them to. Besides, nothing's more glorious than dying "for younger generations' sake". Well guess what? 50 years ago people died for my sake, and, although I do thank them very much, it didn't help too much. We got more territory, which means we got more reasons to fight and more people to fight against.
So what are the reasons we and the Palestinians are fighting for? Living in peace in Jerusalem. How can we live in peace in Jerusalem? By killing the other side. Obviously, there's enough room for everyone, but that means shit in idiot-world. Cause if you can win without the other side losing, what kind of a win is this?

Basically, what we all should do (and by "we" I mean citizens), is start enjoying our strawberries! Not listening to our leaders, not bombing ourselves up. Just walk around wherever we want and shutting the fuck up. If all the citizens of Israel and all the Palestinians could've meet up somewhere, in some kind of protest against the governments, how stupid would the governments look? Just tell him - "people, u're idiots. There already is peace, you just need to go ahead and grab it". Just like there already is enough chocolates for everyone, all you need to do is go ahead and grab it. Cause peace isn't achieved by giving up on territories. It CAN'T be. That's the kind of peace we have with Egypt, and it's a cold metal peace.
Peace is achieved by truely loving life, wanting to live safely with the other side. We all want that.
Theoratically, there's no reason for me to walk around in Saudi Arabia, declaring I'm Jewish, and not walking out of there alive. No reason at all. That alone is reason enough for us to stop searching for peace. Peace is action, peace is not a document signed by old people. Peace is living freely and living safely, and that already exists. Just go ahead and grab it.
What are the chances anyone will ever understand that? I don't know. But I think that if a group of Israeils tried to orginize such a thing with, say, 100 Palestinians and 100 Jews, how awsome will that be? People will tell themselves - "wait, wtf is this? These guyz are in war!!! This is so weird, why isn't she shooting him? Why ain't he picking that stone up?"
And that's when it'll hit them - they dont' do it cause they dont' do it. Why do it? What reason is it for them to kill each others? Some old dudes and a box of "so-caleld" saint chocolate? No thank you. This simple action - THIS is peace. 200, or even 2 Jews and Arabs can achieve peace just like that. Funny, but true.

I hope I made my point.
Live.

Last edited by Evil-Twinsen; 2001-07-07 at 09:37.
Old 2001-07-07, 09:35
Free. Free. Free. Free.

I wanna add that I don't mean t osay anything bad 'bout all the soldiers in my country who died for my safety. They did that because that's what people back then thought was right, it wasn't they're fault it didnt' help. The actual idea, set by the leaders, was wrong. I have deep respect for all the soldiers who died in Israeli wars, and gave the life for my safety, even though after all it wasn't needed, and I curse all the big fat leaders who sent them to death.
Live.