Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2021-01-17, 02:19
Quetching a Mr.

Twinsen LBA2 - First Ever Custom 'Twinsen' Model Pack !

Greetings, everyone!

For the past ten years I've wanted to play as my very own characters in LBA2. Unfortunately, I had neither the talent or knowledge to do so. I asked some people if they could write something up. But, that never happened... Since then I've learned lots. I've learned how to program quite a few things... Anyways, I've found that one of my favorite languages is Python. Using Blender 2.79b (I'm aware there are newer versions, but I am used to the old layout), I have wrote my own scripts to export data to the original LBA2 model format! I never thought I'd see the day... It is no longer a dream, but a reality! I still can't believe I'm actually writing this post!

This model pack contains two-dozen custom-rigged characters - some are Twinsen edits. Others have been downloaded from the models-resource - albeit heavily modified. The pack includes a cover art I made (it wasn't even planned, but thought it'd be fun), a folder containing all of the model files, an uncompressed BODY.HQR file with the new models appended on the end (the original BODY.HQR was compressed with 469 entries - mine has 493), and a 'readme' - just to provide more information and feel old-timey. My BODY.HQR is too big to post, but that's over on the LBA Discord if any of you want to check that out.

I do have plans for more custom model packs. MBN and LBA Discord member, Phreak, suggested the idea of a 'Twinsen Vehicle' pack, which I will most likely be working on next. The one listed above is specifically for replacing Twinsen - which I have also mentioned in the title. As far as I'm aware, nobody else has ever made anything like this for LBA2. If somebody has, I've never heard mention of it... That being said, these can be used with anything you could do with LBA2 models before. For example, the 'LBA2 Remastered' project that MBN and also LBA Discord member Xesf is working on could use these. Another example, you could even export the files to the 3DS format using Link's (Adrien Grandmange's) 'LM2to3DS' program. There are many uses - even more than I can list here.

Anyways, check the 'readme' for more information, or just message me on here or on the LBA Discord. I know it's a late Christmas present. But, I'm so happy it's finally here for you all to enjoy! I can't way to see what you guys do with it!

Do any of you remember the LBA3 concept art of Rosette (the pink bunny with the green shirt, blue overalls, and stone tablet)? She's in this character pack!
Attached Files
File Type: zip LBA2_Custom_Model_Pack_1_Zip_S.zip‎ (374.2 KB, 6 views)
Old 2021-02-10, 06:44
Quetching a Mr.

Parlez vous francais? Bienvenue! Je parle une petit francais - c'est ne pas bien. Je utilise Blender 2.79b. Je ecris une script por Blender Python. Cette script est une exporter de model por Little Big Adventure 2. Cliquez sur le bouton 'LBA2_Custom_Model_Pack_1_Zip_S.zip' pour les nouveaux modeles! Merci beaucoup!
Old 2021-02-11, 05:45
Polly parrot

Can I help you ?

Tags
custom, modeling, pack, programming, python