Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2003-07-13, 18:40
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Building Company

[official]

Unknown:

Quote:
You're at the Building Company, in front of the gem mine.
Wannie at the Ferryman Lane:

Quote:
She's locked up in the premises of the Building Company, the entrance of which is heavily guarded. But from the mine, you can access the nearest hangar. And from there, if you take the roof, you can reach the building where she's being held.
Wannie at the entrance:

Quote:
Welcome to the Building Company, sir. If you're here to make a cash deposit, we can take care of it right away.
Unknown:

Quote:
The Queen has been captured, as well as a few of our dissident friends. By now, they must be locked up in the jails of the Building Company. The cells are in the administrative building, next to the warehouse.
Wannies description in Dark Monk's temple:

Quote:
Wannie representative. The race of the Wannies lives in the under-gas. They are the workers of the gem mine, from which gazogem is made. The mine is being run by the Building Company, under imperial supervision.
Company manger:

Quote:
Er... good day... sir... I'm the manager of this institution. You were let in without an appointment? I take it then you're here to deposit an obscenely large sum of money?
Quote:
No, have mercy!!
Queen Astrid:

Quote:
You're very brave, but I've got face the emperor. Soon I'll be transferred to his palace, and he'll come to interrogate me. So I suppose I'll just stay here. Here! Take the key to the passage! Go and save your people!!
Quote:
Hurry, Twinsen!! You have to penetrate to island CX. The entrance is behind our village! Use it! Quickly!
Captured mosquibee:

Quote:
Only you can stop the emperor and Dark Monk.
Quote:
Don't stay here! Escape while you still can!
Twinsen:

Quote:
Your Majesty, I've come to free you, and ask you to open the door to the passage which leads to island CX. My planet's being threatened and I have to save it.
[fan]

Being a rather poor place, the main income source of the Wannies Island is the gem mines, ran by the building company. This company's offices are located in an enormous building fairly to the centre of the island. The building company, as stated in Dark Monk's temple, is under imperial supervision.
Whoever wishes to meet any of the managers or the officials of the company, must make an earlier appointment, which might teach us a thing or two about how busy the company is. However, it does not seem to employ too many workers, if we exclude all francos guarding the place.
The building itself is very heavily guarded by Franco guards, on the outside as well as inside. These loyal guards patrol the area, making sure no stranger gets to unwanted zones.
At the building entrance, one would notice the reception desk, at which a friendly wannie welcomes the visitors of the place. There are stairs located at each side of the desk, eventually leading to the same location. Upstairs, one may choose whether to go to the upper level and meet the office managers, or venture to the back room of the building, being usually used as a prison cell. The existence of this cell is rather a mystery, which will be discussed later on.

[role]

Having to reach Island CX, and knowing that Queen Astrid is the only possessor of the key which leads to the desired island, Twinsen made his way to the Wannies Island after the capture of the queen, as the refugee mosquibees at Volcano Island suggested him. Once at the Island of the Wannies, Twinsen found an injured wannie lying half dead at the Ferryman Lane. By healing her with the Horn of the Blue Triton, Twinsen gained her respect, and managed to hear from her that the queen is kept captive at the building company. The wannie told Twinsen about a secret passage, through which he could easily reach the queen. She also awarded the quetch with a gem.
Fortunately enough, Twinsen managed to reach the gem mines, through which he found the secret entrance the wannie talked about. Climbing into the storage room, Twinsen managed to sneak into one of the boxes used to store gems. This brought him into the warehouse of the building company, through which he could easily climb a ladder to the top of the building. Once on top, the quetch was one jump away from the cell at which Astrid was kept.
At the cell, Twinsen found Queen Astrid, as well as Joan Loumin and another captured mosquibee. There, Astrid finally gave Twinsen the desired key to the deadly island, and wished him luck on his quests.
The way out of the building was much harder than the way in. Eventually, by using his tricks and smarts, Twinsen managed to escape the tourgh of the armed Franco guards, and get out of the building.

[trivia]

Using his tricks, Twinsen was able to rob the building company for 250 Zlitos, by stealing the key to the safe from the office manager. However, this money was not of much use in his quest.
Another thing to be noted, is that Twinsen had another way of reaching the queen. This way was much harder though, since he had to pass through all Franco guards. If he would have chosen this way, he would have to possess a nitro-meca-penguin when getting there, as a way of making the automatic sliding door open.

[theories]

The existence of a prison cell in the building company is rather a mystery. At such a respectable, imperial-supervised place, it is rather unusual to find a cell where prisoners are kept captive.
Additionally, it is unknown why Queen Astrid was kept at this building, of all places. This might have been due to the heavily guarding of the place, which almost ensured Twinsen wouldn't be able to reach her.

[related]

Mines
Wannies
Queen Astrid

[authors]

morshem

Last edited by morshem; 2003-07-13 at 18:46.
Old 2003-07-15, 15:12

Elevator to the surface

[fan]

The small yet tall building at north-east of the Wannies Island is the elevator to the surface. As far as it is known, this is the way of getting from the under-gas to the surfcae of Zeelich. Taking the elevator upwards results in reaching the surface of the planet, at the Elevator to the Under-Gas. Respectively, the Elevator to the Under-Gas leas one to the elevator building at the Wannies Island.
The rather small building is lightly guarded, by one franco guard and a technician of the same race. Since the way is bloced by two laser fences, whoever wishes to enter or exit the Wannies Island, must first receive the permisson of the guards, who will then hit the switch that control the laser, turning it off.

[role]

Following the advice of the dissidents, Twinsen made his way to the Elevator to the Under-Gas. There, once defeating the assassin sent to slaughter him, the quetch took the elevator, eventually reaching the elevator building at the Wannies Island. Once down there, Twinsen found out that he could not go past the laser fences. However, with the aid of his magic ball, and preferabbly in discreet mode, the quetch was able to hit the switches, thus making his way out. Since the franco technician kept hitting the switch back, our hero either had to be fast, or simply get rid of the technician by killing him.

[trivia]

Being smart enough, Twinsen managed to figure out that by opening the right fence, he could avoid facing the franco guard, since a normal fence seperated the guard and him.

[related]

Island of the Wannies
Elevator to the Undergas

[authors]

morshem

There are no official quotes, AFAIK.
Old 2003-07-15, 16:11

There we are... all official Imperial Hotel quotes:

[official]

Franco at hotel entrance:

Quote:
You can't get in here, it's closed. Members only. Quit loitering now, and get moving.
Quote:
What are you doing here? You don't belong! now Get out!!
Twinsen:

Quote:
I'm looking for a Mr. Johnny Rocket.
Quote:
Are you Mr. Rocket?
Quote:
I'm here on behalf of Rick to look for the dissidents, and I desperately need to get to island CX!
Quote:
That's me. I have to get to island CX and somehow destroy the control center of the lunar reactors before they're fired and the moon starts falling toward Twinsun.
Old woman at the hotel:

Quote:
He's our greatest hero. The first one to set foot on mysterious Twinsun! Thanks to him we'll get much-needed help from the Twinsunian wizards! He's over there, in the armchair, with his manicurist.
Quote:
I adore this hotel. Kind of a private club. Only the finest elements of society are allowed entry.
Johnny Rocket’s manicurist:

Quote:
Are you stupid or what? He's right there in front of you!
Quote:
He's in his room.
Johnny Rocket:

Quote:
That's me, what do you want?
Quote:
Shut up! Are you nuts? Never mention the rebels in public! Meet me in my room, we can talk without danger.
Quote:
I know you. You're Twinsen, the hero of your planet. The Emperor and Dark Monk fear you - - that's why you're a wanted man. The dissidents will help you. Here, take this ring, go to the Twinsunian souvenir shop, and show it to the salesman. He'll take you to them.
Quote:
So, have you seen the dissidents?
The Zeelich Gazette:

Quote:
"THE ZEELICH GAZETTE: ...Johnny Rocket at the Imperial! Zeelich's brightest star, the first explorer to set foot on Twinsun, now lives on Otringal..."
Sign outside the hotel:

Quote:
"IMPERIAL HOTEL - Luxury establishment, members only"
Rick:

Quote:
I'll level with you. Unfortunately, I have no one who can accommodate your needs. But there's a group of dissidents who are very hostile to the government. Go see Johnny Rocket. Tell him Rick sent you, and he'll take you to them. He lives at the Imperial hotel, in the upper city.
Franco dancer at Rick’s café:

Quote:
I've had it with this lousy joint! I'm moving on! The Imperial hotel, that's where I should have been all this time! Nothing but classy people there, not a bunch of unwashed hoodlums or sailors.
Old 2003-07-28, 11:15

Boo!

Sorry for the recent absence, here's another article:

Chedil Amiradoo

[stats]

Size: medium
Race: rabbibunny
Age range: adult

[official]

Chedil Amiradoo:

Quote:
My dear sir, my goods are only available to fully licensed wizards.
Quote:
Ah, you must be Twinsen. Congratulations for passing your examination. If you want a magician's tunic it'll only cost you 50 kashes. We'll throw in a false beard to make you look like an old magician. Interested?
Quote:
Now that you are a wizard, I can sell you some orange powder. It costs 10 Kashes, and will recharge you in Magic and Life Points.
Quote:
Hey!! You nuts?
Quote:
I know where it is, but I don't have the right to tell you.
Quote:
I saw Ker'aooc pass by a while back. Told me the Esmers had invited him...someplace or other. Regardless, he was going to the Hacienda.
Mentor of the School of Magic:

Quote:
Bravo Twinsen. You now bear the title of wizard. I don't have any spare wizard's parade tunics left. But there is a peddler on the island. I'll contact him and ask him to give you one. Go find him. Also, let your beard grow.
Quote:
You have to find a peddler who lives on this island. I advised him to provide you with a hat and your wizard's parade tunic.
Sign on the note board at the School of Magic:

Quote:
Looking for a costume or Magic accessories? Well, Chedil Amiradoo has a deal that'll make your head spin. Low, low prices and after-sales service. Currently doing the rounds on your island.
[fan]

As the poster in the School of Magic may suggest, Chedil Amiradoo is an old rabbibunny, who makes living from selling various magic accessories to fully licensed wizards. This wise rabbibunny is usually noticed circling around the White Leaf Desert on his magical flying carpet. Those people who may wish to buy goods from him, will be required to show Chedil their wizrd's diploma, as a proof of them being fully licensed. Others will find less interest in his merchandise.

[role]

Upon qualifying from the School of Magic, Twinsen was advised by the mentor of the school to go meet Chedil Amiradoo, and buy a wizard's parade tunic from the rabbibunny. Once accidentally bumping into Mr. Amiradoo in the desert, Twinsen showed the peddler his newly given wizard's diploma, as a proof of his wizardry. Thye quetch had to pay Chedil 50 kashes, the price the latter charged him for the parade tunic and the fake wizard beard. Once owning these, the Esmers confused Twinsen for a wizard, and invited him to their planet.

[theories]

It is unknown how Chedil Amiradoo was able to fly upon his carpet, and direct his way without moving off it. This might have been due to him enchanting the carpet, although there are no proofs for that.
Another uncomfirmed theory is the rabbibunny's relations with the School of Magic. It is unknown whether he actually works for the school, or is just with good relationships with the mentor of the school.

[trivia]

It is to be noted that the only place where Twinsen found a mention of Chedil's actual name was on the poster at the School of Magic. Otherwise, he was simply referred to as "the peddler".

[related]

Mentor of the School of Magic
Wizard's parade tunic
Orange powder
School of Magic
Wizard's diploma

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-07-29, 20:41

Alfred

[stats]

Size: long
Race: Wannie

[fan]

Alfred is a rather heavy wannie, working as a miner in the mines of the Wannies Island. Like most of the workers at the place, he seems to be concerned with nothing but mining all day. However, one person dares touching their precious fragment, and he has a deal with him.

[role]

Once stealing the Wannies' fragment, Twinsen had to face three angry wannies running into the room. After beating them, he was able to get out of the room, where he encountered Alfred. Being mad at the thief quetch, Alfred attacked Twinsen, trying to beat him. Using his smarts and powers, Twinsen was eventually able to defeat the wannie, and get out of the mines.

[related]

Mines
Wannies Fragment

[authors]

morshem

Last edited by morshem; 2003-07-29 at 20:54.
Old 2003-07-29, 21:36

Felix

[stats]

Race: Rabbibunny

[official]

Felix:

Quote:
Say Twinsen, did you ever see that Tralü? They say it's a monster that lives in the cliffs above Lupin-Bourg. If you take a walk up there, don't forget to carry a weapon. I mean your magic ball!
Quote:
I don't know him very well, but try asking around at "Chez Luc," that's his big hangout.
Quote:
Hey, did you really destroy the Tralü? This monster really existed? Hail to you, may you be prosperous and may the Sendells protect your descendants!
Twinsen:

Quote:
Hi Felix.
[fan]

Felix is a nice old rabbibunny, usually spotted around the harbour of Citadel Island. His main hobby seems to be fishing, although usually without much luck. Also, the old fisherman seems to be quite interested in the mystery stories regarding the Tralü and his cave on the cliffs.

[role]

Although not being able to help Twinsen directly, Felix did give Twinsen a few hints regarding his quests. Most of them were about the Tralü he was so fanatic about, but he also tried to help Twinsen when the latter was searhing for Raph.
Also, the crabs Felix managed to fish came in quite handy for Twinsen, as he was able to get some life candies and kashes from beating them.

[theories]

There are two main unconfirmed theories about Felix. The first one is where the old rabbibunny lives, as there seem to be no house around the island that might belong to him. The seond unconfirmed theory regarding the fisherman is about his job. He could make money from fishing, but since he isn't a really successfull fisherman, it is unknown how he gets his money.

[trivia]

Feeling a bit agressive, Twinsen released some frustration on the poor rabbibunny. Felix, being quite a chicken perhaps, got really scared, and ran away, diving into the water. Felix did come back later, however.

[threads]

Felix suicide
Felix

[related]

Harbour

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-07-30, 21:06

Arno

[stats]

Size: short
Race: Wannie
Age range: kid

[official]

Arno:

Quote:
He bothering me!!
[fan]

Down in the Village of the Wannies, a small family consisting of a two nice wannies and their son inhabits. While the names of the parents are unknown, the son is referred to by the name of Arno.
Arno is a rather mischievous wannie, who usually likes to play with his toys in his spare time. He seems to have quite a lot of games, apparently bought to him by his loving parents. Additionally, he does not like people messing around with his toys, bothering him playing.

[role]

Arno did not play any vital role in Twinsen's adventure. He was also unable to give Twinsen any useful hints regarding his quests, perhaps due to his young age. However, he did help taking care of Twinsen when the quetch was sick, after eating the piece of firefly tart.

[related]

Village of the Wannies
Slice of firefly tart

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-07-30, 21:47

Beatrice

[stats]

[official]

Beatrice:

Quote:
My poor friend! I really don't know what you are talking about.
Quote:
You know Julia? She is a nice girl. She watches a bit too much TV, but there is some truth in her story: someone left a box for clover leaves on the islet in front of my house. It is too shallow for a boat to get there by water, and since the bridge leading to the islet has collapsed, the only way to get there is to fly.
Julia:

Quote:
I've got to tell you something. It's awful! My best friend (Beatrice) is in love with Steven. But Paul, Steven's half brother, left Cindy when Linda got out of the clinic after her bobsleigh accident. But not for Linda, for Tatjana! Only Serge (who secretly admires Steven) has been trying for months to win the love of Tatjana who refuses to talk to Christy since she died. All the while Stephanie - who remarried Serge - discovered the letter from Paulina in which she explained where was the box of clover leaves left behind by Roy. So, evidently, Beatrice wonders if Linda knows about the accident. You get all that?
Quote:
Go see Beatrice and tell her that Julia sent you. She'll explain all that better than I can. She lives on the outskirts of the Old Burg, in a house next to the sea, on Peg Leg Street.
[fan]

In a decent, small house at Peg Leg Street, lives Beatrice, a nice female rabbibunny who apparently has no job. Very few is known about Beatrice, except that she has a sister living in the Old Burg, named Julia.

[role]

Perhaps due to her not being wise enough, Beatrice was not able to tell Twinsen anything about the legend, Zoé's whereabouts, or LeBorgne the pirate. However, she was able to tell Twinsen about the clover leaf on the island across her house, and about him needing to fly in order to reach it.

[related]

Julia
Beatrice's house
Peg Leg Street

[authors]

morshem

Last edited by morshem; 2003-07-30 at 22:06.
Old 2003-07-30, 22:05
weee

[quote]Beatrice:

Quote:
My poor friend! I really don't know what you are talking about.
(you entered [quote] one time too much)
Old 2003-07-30, 22:10

Oops...
Thank you!

Now, help me with something a bit bigger please, and that would be really appreciated: I want to write about the Funky rabbibunny, but for all articles I write, I look at the quotes first. Now, I can't remember one single thing that he said... can you help me with that maybe?
Old 2003-07-30, 22:17
weee

So, which one of FunFrock's factories do you want information about?

I don't givre credit, come back when you're richer!

FunFrock cleared out the populations from this hemisphere but there are still a few people that resist like here in Funky-Town. He produces mutant insects in his factory at the foot of the Hamalayi mountains to exterminate us. The factory was supposedly sabotaged, but there are still monsters in the sewers: they were produced before the sabotage. In fact, you can jump on the giant crabs!

It is located on Brundle island, from there FunFrock's cohorts control all the planet's teleportations! The entrance is guarded but they will let you in if you act like one of them.

The center where all the planet's clones are produced is inside FunFrock's Fortress. It's his headquarters when he is in this hemisphere. Be careful because I heard that he is working on some VERY special clones, it's on Fortress island.

That type of information is too specific, ask one of the helmet-less groboclones that are here instead.
Old 2003-07-30, 22:27

Weird...
I can only find these quote at the Twinsunica quotes database, but not in the MBN one!

Thanks for the help, anyway .
Old 2003-07-31, 14:54
weee

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosFish
I don't givre credit, come back when you're richer!
Should be "give"...
Old 2003-08-01, 18:18

Funky Rabbibunny

[stats]

[official]

Funky rabbibunny:

Quote:
So, which one of FunFrock's factories do you want information about?
Quote:
I don't give credit, come back when you're richer!
Quote:
FunFrock cleared out the populations from this hemisphere but there are still a few people that resist like here in Funky-Town. He produces mutant insects in his factory at the foot of the Hamalayi mountains to exterminate us. The factory was supposedly sabotaged, but there are still monsters in the sewers: they were produced before the sabotage. In fact, you can jump on the giant crabs!
Quote:
It is located on Brundle island, from there FunFrock's cohorts control all the planet's teleportations! The entrance is guarded but they will let you in if you act like one of them.
Quote:
The center where all the planet's clones are produced is inside FunFrock's Fortress. It's his headquarters when he is in this hemisphere. Be careful because I heard that he is working on some VERY special clones, it's on Fortress island.
Quote:
That type of information is too specific, ask one of the helmet-less groboclones that are here instead.
Unknown:

Quote:
Ask the rabbibunny with the sunglasses, he's an informer.
Quote:
Ask the rabbibunny with the sunglasses who is at the entrance to Funky-Town, he's an informer.
[fan]

Down in the streets of Funky-Town, where a small population of dissidents is rebelling against FunFrock, patrols a nameless rabbibunny. The city probably received its name from people of his type, funky and cool.
Although not being too appreciated by his town mates, this nameless rabbibunny is perhaps the smartest and most knowledgable person of the entire island. For a decent price, he is willing to sell whoever's interested information regarding FunFrock's evil plans.
Further than that, very few is known about his personality. He seems to be a loner, who doesn't chat too much.

[role]

If we consider the fact that most of the characters Twinsen met during his adventure were of no importance except for giving some hints, then we can notice that this funky rabbibunny was very useful in the quetch's quests. For the total price of 30 kashes (10 kashes for each factory), the rabbibunny was able to tell Twinsen anything he ever wanted to know about FunFrock's three factories- the Cloning Centre, the Teleportation Centre and the Mutant Factory.
After speaking with the rabbibunny, Twinsen realized he needed the plans of the Teleportation Centre, and thus started asking anyone he saw about their whereabouts.

[related]

Funky-Town

[authors]

morshem

Last edited by morshem; 2003-08-01 at 18:27.
Old 2003-08-01, 18:46

Grap

[stats]

[official]

Grap:

Quote:
So, young quetch, you've come to help in the fight against FunFrock? As you can see, this city has suffered because of our rebellion. We are constantly bombed, which is why our leaders have set their camp in the center of the island. You can take my buggy to go see them.
Rebel rabbibunnies:

Quote:
Hi! If I take your flag to be representative of your intentions, I see that you too have chosen Liberty. Lieutenant Grap is down in the trench, go see him - he'll tell you where our leaders are.
Quote:
Go see Grap first if you want to drive. He's a rabbibunny and he's down in the trench.
Quote:
Ask Grap. He's in the trench, he'll know where to find them.
[fan]

Not accepting FunFrock's tyrany, some rebel rabbibunnies have set up a camp on Rebellion Island, planning to fight against him. The rebel's lieutenant is named Grap, a brave rabbibunny always willing to fight. Grap's buggy usually serves the rebels as a transportation method between the island's harbour and the rebels' camp.

[role]

In the mission of freeing Colonal Kroptman, Twinsen joined some of the rebelling rabbibunnies going to the Okojo Pass in the Hamalayi Mountains. Being in charge of the rebels during Kroptman's absence, Grap was in charge of the operation, and was one of the rabbibunnies who helped Twinsen fight his way to Kroptman.

[related]

Rebellion Island
Kroptman
Harbour

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-01, 19:23

Hairdryer Salesman

[stats]

Race: Quetch

[official]

Quote:
Leave me alone, I have nothing to say to you.
Quote:
Leave me alone, this job is already hard enough.
Quote:
Leave me alone, I have nothing to say.
Quote:
Can't seem to sell a single hair dryer here. One of my colleagues is already out there trying his best. If this keeps up, I'll have to move on to another island.
Quote:
30 Kashes for a hair dryer, how about that? I normally sell them door to door, but customers are sparse, and you seem nice enough.
Quote:
I've been trying to sell this hair dryer ever since I was on Principal island! Come on, I know you can use one for 30 Kashes.
Quote:
Aah, I see that you too have come to Proxima island. You remember me, I sell hair dryers. Look, I'll sell you one for only 30 Kashes, but only because it's been a slow day.
[fan]

The hairdryer salesman is a pretty lazy quetch, apparently without a name. As the descriptive title may suggest, his job is to sell hairdryers to the trespassers at various islands on Twinsun's southern hemisphere. The price of the hairdryer may vary, and it would usually depend on how successfull his selling day was.
Very few is known about this quetch, although it seems that he isn't exactly a chatty person.

[role]

Following Baldino's request, Twinsen went out to search for a hairdryer so that the proto-pack could be completed. Twinsen met the hairdryer salesman, who sold him a hairdryer for a pretty high price- 30 kashes. Twinsen was then able to give the hairdryer to Baldino, who in no time at all completed his work on the proto-pack.

[trivia]

It is to be noted that Twinsen found the hairdryer salesman not only on Proxima Island, where he actually bought the hairdryer, but also on Principal Island.

[related]

Hair dryer

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-01, 19:34

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06-hairdrier saleman.jpg‎
Views:	126
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	2541  
Old 2003-08-02, 19:31

Joan Loumin

[stats]

Race: Mosquibee

[official]

Joan Loumin:

Quote:
Free me!!
Quote:
Thank you for having freed me. I am a dissident of the government. The emperor and Dark Monk, our reincarnated God, manipulate the people of Zeelich. They lie continually.
Quote:
But let's not waste any time. If you want to get out of here, don't take the main entrance, it is being watched by soldiers.
Quote:
I am innocent, let me free!!!
Quote:
So! Are you the Twinsunian Johnny told us about?
Quote:
Listen, Twinsunian. Go to the Mosquibee village in the under-gas. Most of our dissident comrades are already hiding out there. To get in, you have to take the elevator on the platform of the Francos.
Quote:
Go get a rock-crystal from the Island of Celebration. It'll allow you to operate the laser pistol of Zarnon.
Quote:
I don't know what to do. The island CX is totally inaccessible. It is impossible to get near it.
Quote:
It's our secret identification sign. He just might be speaking the truth your Majesty.
Quote:
Don't you have any proof of your good faith? An identification sign, an object?
Quote:
Only you can stop the emperor and Dark Monk.
[fan]

Rejecting the Emperor of Zeelich and his actions, a small group of dissidents have set up a resistance group, spreading propaganda against the Emperor. The most active member of this group, and apparently their "leader", seems to be Joan Loumin, a brave yet reckless mosquibee. Perhaps due to not being careful enough, Joan was captured by the emperor at least once. However, he seems to be the most active dissident, having spreading the propaganda on several islands. He also seems to be in a pretty close contact with Astrid, the Mosquibees queen.

[role]

Throughout his quests around Zeelich, Twinsen encountered Joan Loumin several times. In his first trip to Zeelich, while escaping from jail, Twinsen came across Joan's cell. Following the mosquibee's pleads, Twinsen released him by opening his cell through the switches upstairs. In return, Joan adviced the quetch to leave the building through the back door, to avoid the guards.
Coming back to Zeelich later on, Twinsen met Joan Loumin, as well as some of his dissident friends, at the secret basement of the Twinsunian Souvenir Shop. There, he and his friends helped Twnisen by preparing him for Island CX, as well as instructing him on how to get there, and handing him the Laser Pistol of Zarnon.
When Twinsen reached the Mosquibees Island, Joan Loumin was standing there, just next to the queen. There, he gave Twinsen a small hint about the kind of proof Astrid was anticipating. He also witnessed Twinsen undergoing the Test of Truth at the Challenge room. Just after Twinsen completed the challenge, the emperor's soldiers attacked the village, and Joan, as well as the queen and another mosquibee, was captured.
Going after the queen so that he could reach Island CX, Twinsen met Joan Loumin once again at the cell of the Building Company at Wannies Island. There, Joan adviced the quetch to go to Island CX as soon as possible.
Later on, after Twinsen's adventure was finished, one could spot Joan Loumin at the party in Citadel Island.

[related]

Prison
Twinsunian Souvenir Shop
Throne room
Building Company
Queen Astrid
Ring of the Dissidents

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-03, 13:48

Watertower

[official]

Bartender at the Old Burg:

Quote:
That old pirate is right, the tap water tastes funny. They should be able to improve its quality, and by the way the water tower is located in the North mountains (check your holomap).
Pirate at the Old Burg bar:

Quote:
The water is drinkable, but it is true that it tastes funny. You'll have to go to the water tower if you want to change something.
Sign at the watertower:

Quote:
" Principal island sanitation department: NO SWIMMING! "
[fan]

The water tower, as one may easily guess, is a water reservoir supplying water to all houses on Principal Island. Isolated from the main area of the place, this tower is located at the west of the island, and flows water to the Old Burg, as well as to other parts of the island, possibly through underground pipes. To enter the tower, one must go up the stairs leading to the overhead entrance, and open the grate on top of the tower. Once inside, one reaches a small pool, through which water flow in to the tower. Additionally, a sign warning visitors about swimming in the pool is located just next to it.
The tower is only reachable with the aid of a buggy, that can be taken only from Peg-Leg street. A voyage to the water tower will cost one two cans of gas, for the journet to the tower and back. In case anyone runs out of gas once at the tower, he can replenish some of his gas supply, thanks to a few bottles of gas located on top of the tower.

[role]

Interested in the stories of the legend, Twinsen realized he had no choice but to fullfill the request of the librarian rabbibunny and change the taste of the water at the island. By doing this, as the librarian promised him, the quetch would gain access to the restricted publications area of the library, thus being able to obtain some secret information regarding the legend.
Once making sure he had enough gas in stock, Twinsen made his way to Peg-Leg street at the south of the island, from which he took a buggy to the water tower. At the tower itself, Twinsen entered the building, dropping into the water tower. Fortunately enough for him, the quetch happened to carry with him a bottle of Cherry Syrup, which he earlier stole from the pharmacy at Citadel Island. By pouring some syrup into the pool, Twinsen was able to change the taste of the water on the entire island.
Our hero then came back to the library, where the grateful librarian showed him a forbidden book, containing very important and useful information regarding the legend. By reading this book, Twinsen realized he had to go to the White Leaf Desert, which was his next mission in his first adventure.

[trivia]

Coming back to Principal Island later on in his adventure, Twinsen paid a little trip to the water tower once again, this time with a bottle of Clear Water in his possession. By pouring some water from the Clear Water lake into the tower, the quetch made the water taste even better than it was before, thus gaining even more respect from the librarian.

[theories]

At the top of the tower, a teleportation pod is easily noticable. However, Twinsen was lucky enough not to encounter any clone on his trips to the tower, which may raise the question why the pod was there at the first place.

[related]

Bottle of syrup

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-03, 17:15

wacko, I looked at some parts of the thread, and realized you said at a few points what percent of the articles is written already. How exactly do you know that? Did you just check manually, or is there another way to know?
Just wondering what percent is currently done .
Old 2003-08-04, 11:35

Hey, no Southern Hemisphere article? I just looked at the Southern Hemisphere item... Doesn't really look like an article... especially when comparing it to the big, extended Northern Hemisphere one...
Old 2003-08-04, 13:36

Clover Leaves

[official]

Inventory description:

Quote:
Lucky Clover Leaf: using this clover leaf will use up one of your chances to revitalise yourself to a maximum.
Quote:
This Lucky Clover Leaf gives you the benefit of an additional life.
Note containing the location of clover leaves:

Quote:
Locations of several clover leaves and boxes: There is a box for clover leaves in the sewers of Citadel island, and another in the basement of the tavern; one clover leaf is guarded by a soldier who is located behind sandbags. Another is guarded by a clone in the middle of the ruins on Principal island. Another one is on the roof of the Maritime Museum. Another is guarded by a groboclone to the right of the Teleportation Center's entrance. Another is guarded by a soldier in front of FunFrock's fortress.
Sewers rabbibunny:

Quote:
Do what I do: gather up the clover leaves and the boxes. You need one box to hold each clover leaf. Each clover leaf will give you another chance when you are in an extremely dangerous situation.
Beatrice:

Quote:
You know Julia? She is a nice girl. She watches a bit too much TV, but there is some truth in her story: someone left a box for clover leaves on the islet in front of my house. It is too shallow for a boat to get there by water, and since the bridge leading to the islet has collapsed, the only way to get there is to fly.
Julia:

Quote:
I've got to tell you something. It's awful! My best friend (Beatrice) is in love with Steven. But Paul, Steven's half brother, left Cindy when Linda got out of the clinic after her bobsleigh accident. But not for Linda, for Tatjana! Only Serge (who secretly admires Steven) has been trying for months to win the love of Tatjana who refuses to talk to Christy since she died. All the while Stephanie - who remarried Serge - discovered the letter from Paulina in which she explained where was the box of clover leaves left behind by Roy. So, evidently, Beatrice wonders if Linda knows about the accident. You get all that?
[fan]

The clover leaves, as the inventory description may suggest, enable one to have another opportunity of a life. Each clover leaf represent one life of the person. Once running out of these precious leaves, the person passes away and dies. Each clover is stored in its own boxes, and therefore, one cannot own more leaves than boxes. By retrieving additional clover boxes, it is possible to own more leaves, thus having more opportunities to live.

[role]

Nobody's perfect, not even Twinsen. Our hero was not able to complete his adventure without receiving some strikes and hits from his rivals. To compensate for the damage lost by these hits, life candies were not enough, and the brave quetch had to use clover leaves as well. By using them, it ensured him a a safe journey in his quests. Without them, it is doubtful Twinsen would have made it in defeating the evil FunFrock in his two adventures.

[trivia]

At his second adventure, perhaps due to him learning how to use the clover leaves more wisely, Twinsen was able to make an extra use for them. In case all of his clover leaves were full, the quetch was able to refill his energy and magic points when receiving a new clover leaf.

[related]

Life candy
Flasks of magic powder

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-04, 15:33

Flasks of magic powder

[official]

From a random selling machine:

Quote:
10 flasks of magic powder will cost you 30 Kashes.
[fan]

Usually found in local bazaars and plants or garbage cans, the magic flasks enable a person replenishing some of his magic level. Depending on how much powder the flask found contains, the magic level will increase upon retrieving such a flask. These bottles can be found almost anywhere around Twinsun or Zeelich, either by searching through garbage can and plants, or by buying them from local bazaars.

[role]

Using the magic ball, the protection spell or the ring of lightning, consumed a certain amount of magic. So that he could replenish his magic supply, Twinsen had to retrieve the flasks containing magic powder. Once completely running out of magic powder, Twinsen was not able to bounce his magic ball, or use the protection spell. For the ring of lightning, the quetch was required to have a full magic capacity.
The amount of magic Twinsen could store increased among with his level of magic.

[trivia]

There are two additional things to note about the flasks of magic powder. Firstly, in his first adventure, Twinsen chose to take these flasks, even if his magic amount was full. In his second quest, however, realizing he had no use of these bottles once his magic capacity was full, Twinsen did not take them.
Additionally, Twinsen realized pretty soon that buying these flasks is quite pointless, as he could get them for free from most plants and rubbish cans.

[related]

Magic Ball
Ring of Lightning
Protection spell

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-04, 16:01

Gas

[official]

When finding a gas can:

Quote:
You've just replenished some of your gas supply.
Inventory description:

Quote:
Gas, extract of molasses. You cannot use vehicles when your gas gauge is at zero.
Seller of a random bazaar:

Quote:
Gas for 10 voyages costs 30 Kashes.
When running out of gas:

Quote:
No more gas.
[fan]

These cans of gas, found often around the planet, are made of molasses, a thick and dark syrup produced during the refining of sugar. In case a person wishes to travel from one location to another with the aid of a buggy, a gas can is required for the trip. Without gas, it is impossible to travel. The gas cans can be bought in most bazaars, and can even be found, although rather rarely, for free in several places.

[role]

Wishing to travel from one location to another, especially on large islands such as Principal or Rebellion, Twinsen was required to use these cans of gas. He could buy them from the local bazaars of the islands, or also find them for free in some points, such as the water tower or the rebel camp. He also used for inter-island trips at some points around the northern hemisphere, before finding Dino-Fly.

[authors]

morshem

Anything related?
Old 2003-08-04, 17:07

Keys

[official]

Mies van der Rooh:

Quote:
Let's see now, where did I put my key?
Quote:
Dad! Do you have a key with you?
Raymond the Elf:

Quote:
Hey, get me out of here! Find a key quick!
Tavern owner:

Quote:
Yeah, the clones already confiscated the key to my cellar, so don't be surprised when they come back to close down the tavern!
Construction grobo:

Quote:
Here, little guy, take the ignition key and bring the bulldozer back for me - I'll appreciate it. I don't have time to do it myself.
Twinsen:

Quote:
Can't start this machine without an ignition key!
Prisoned grobo:

Quote:
It's kind of you to help me, but I managed to steal the guard's key. Take it, I don't need it any more.
Old Wannie:

Quote:
Oh, thanks a bunch, pal! Listen, this kid, he give me the key to the chapel. Here, take it. I've had enough fun with it.
Johnny:

Quote:
The Monk, he threw me out of his choir. It's not fair, I didn't do anything. So I stole the key to the chapel! So I boxed it in and gave it to the old man!
Choir wannie:

Quote:
The Monk punished our buddy Johnny 'cause he lost the key to the chapel. Wasn't even true.
[fan]

Found more or less everywhere around Twinsun and Zeelich, these keys act just like any normal keys; they open most of the doors and gates around the planet. Without a key, a person cannot pass through a door. The keys common on the two planets are rather small, and are coloured gold.

[role]

During his two adventures, in quite a lot of places, Twinsen was required to use a key in order to open a specific door. He got these keys in various ways, either from the person owning them, from the enemy guiding them, or just by searching through plants or rubbish cans. Either way, once owning the key, he was able to open any of the locked doors on the screen.

[trivia]

Once leaving the room at which he retrieved the key, Twinsen was unable to use the key any more. Apparently, the quetch was not wise enough, and used his keys even on open doors.

[theories]

For unknown reasons, all keys seem to open any type of a door. Apparently, all keys are identical on Twinsun and Zeelich. Either this, or simply each key fits the doors at the room where the key was found.

[authors]

morshem

Anything related?