Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > News
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

News Discuss the news posted on the MBN here

Closed Thread

Old 2005-05-06, 20:32
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
God, what a mess. You know what? Sod Fred, his sodding 66033047 companies and his games.
I agree, this isn't funny anymore.
Old 2005-05-06, 22:48
weee

Woah... don't talk this way about our Freddie
Old 2005-05-06, 22:56
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
He has quit several companies because he doesn't get on with people there, I haven't quit school because I don't get on with people. It's just stupid.
Old 2005-05-06, 23:11
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobmoblin
He has quit several companies because he doesn't get on with people there, I haven't quit school because I don't get on with people. It's just stupid.
You'r comparing two diferent things. When its about work and in a team its all different.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-05-07, 01:32
Still in a dream...

There will be no LBA3. Not now, not ever. Especially with Fred arsing around making a new company every other week!
Old 2005-05-07, 02:14
Gobbles the bush turkey

I think the main message through all of this is that he was always meant to make LBA3 but instead chose to make other games which were always canceled. He should just focus on LBA3 instead of fiddling with other projects. Get it out of the road.
Old 2005-05-07, 02:42
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Bah, you don't just cancel a game which is 90% done.
Old 2005-05-07, 03:18
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin
Bah, you don't just cancel a game which is 90% done.
Wise words.
Old 2005-05-07, 04:31
Gobbles the bush turkey

But wouldn't he loose ALOT of money doing this twice?
How could you afford to do this?
Fred has had alot of bad luck. Look at game companies like Oddworld inhabitants; it's been going for more than 10 years and it's still occupied by the original creators.
Well, the third time is usually the lucky one. Let's just hope it works out.
What's with the name? does it mean anything? I wish he would choose a more appealing name just like Adeline or No-cliche was.

Last edited by Gobbles; 2005-05-07 at 04:38.
Old 2005-05-07, 10:04
Reenmybell

Send a message via MSN to reenmybell
Sorry, I'm new. What's Trium Planeta?
Old 2005-05-07, 12:33
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmybell
Sorry, I'm new. What's Trium Planeta?
It's one of the new projects (games) Frederique Raynal worked on. Fred was the brain behind a company called Adeline software International, wich made LBA1 and LBA2. Now, Adeline had fallen apart, and Fred thinks he should make a new company every hour.

Like.. That's the whole story.
Old 2005-05-07, 12:48
Party animal

Hmm, I don't remember the whole story, but was it really neccesary for Fred to leave adeline in the first place all those years ago? geez.

I really wanted to see an LBA3 one day :`(
Old 2005-05-07, 13:07
Magic Ball Master

Well, I think we should wait to see what Fred have to talk about it before speculating a bit.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2005-05-07, 13:13
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Twinadv people:

1. I tried reporting a few mistakes I found in the article, but when submitting them, I received some PHP error message. So I don't know if you've got it... better fix this thing.

2. I translated this article into Hebrew. How can I submit my translation?
Old 2005-05-07, 16:53
weee

Thanks Mor, I added the translation

About the report, we didn't get it. Mind posting it here?
Old 2005-05-07, 18:21
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Well then, you better fix the reporting system .

Anyway, the errors I reported are:
1. "Latter on I discovered..." - should be later...
2. "where in higher positions" - should be "were"
Old 2005-05-07, 18:22
The return of

When did fred leave a company because of conflict? THIS IS THE SECOND TIME, the first being at infro games, and if he hadnt left would there have even been an lba? Also look at the situation, both Sebestian , frantz, and the modellers were slowly told to fuck off by bruno and alexis, or left on their own accord, when three freinds leave, there must be a serious problem. Also, im happy he left, and is now HIS OWN BOSS, god dont u see all the bull he's taking form other people with different visions. And now didier, his close friend, has his own company, so they can seriously form an aliance.

Not to mention, who ever said FRED cancelled Trium Planeta, im sure i didnt say that, your all speculating rubbish. READ for gods sake, how did agartha get cancelled? SEGA PULLED THE PLUG, NOT FRED. No, im very happy he's finnaly his own boss, thats what got me excited bout F4 till i found out both alexis and bruno dominated the scene, and when seb left i felt somthing serious are going with those dudes, cause sebestian and fred are a team, and he said him self "the conflict is absolutly NOT with fred" he suggested there was a conflict.
Old 2005-05-07, 18:32
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem
Well then, you better fix the reporting system .

Anyway, the errors I reported are:
1. "Latter on I discovered..." - should be later...
2. "where in higher positions" - should be "were"
I tried to fix that but I don't have permission to edit the page in English...
Old 2005-05-07, 20:17
Magic Ball Master

Morshem:
Already fixed tha mistakes you found.
Also fixed the problem with the report page. I made a mistake when change the code for the new server.
About submiting translations, well we don't have such thing but could be a thing to think.
Thanks for reporting

Fixos:
Sorry for that, its now fixed. The news file was the only one missing the code to give you permission to edit english translation.

If you found anything else just tell. Thanks!

Old 2005-05-08, 13:08
Boobs!

That's heart-breaking!!!!
Old 2005-05-08, 13:35
Party animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
When did fred leave a company because of conflict? THIS IS THE SECOND TIME, the first being at infro games, and if he hadnt left would there have even been an lba? Also look at the situation, both Sebestian , frantz, and the modellers were slowly told to fuck off by bruno and alexis, or left on their own accord, when three freinds leave, there must be a serious problem. Also, im happy he left, and is now HIS OWN BOSS, god dont u see all the bull he's taking form other people with different visions. And now didier, his close friend, has his own company, so they can seriously form an aliance.

Not to mention, who ever said FRED cancelled Trium Planeta, im sure i didnt say that, your all speculating rubbish. READ for gods sake, how did agartha get cancelled? SEGA PULLED THE PLUG, NOT FRED. No, im very happy he's finnaly his own boss, thats what got me excited bout F4 till i found out both alexis and bruno dominated the scene, and when seb left i felt somthing serious are going with those dudes, cause sebestian and fred are a team, and he said him self "the conflict is absolutly NOT with fred" he suggested there was a conflict.
But now fred is a consultant, so no more games from him
Old 2005-05-08, 13:50
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Oh, guys. What a bad news!
I thought Fred was about to make a new game and... another project cancelled!

Quote:
His just a man with no lucky. I hope with his real new one this will change. We have to believe if he want to see the 3rd out...
Yeah...
Old 2005-05-08, 17:12
Horza

Quote:
Was it really neccesary for Fred to leave adeline in the first place all those years ago?
The Adeline team was bought over by SEGA in 1997 after LBA 2 to develop games for the Dreamcast but unfortunately SEGA said goodbye to the Dreamcast and No Cliche in 2001. After this I believe that some of the team (not including Mr Raynal) went back to Delphine and reformed Adeline only to be out a few years later after Doki Denki (which had bought Delphine in 2003) went bankrupt. Raynal, Bruno Heintz and Alexis Galley formed F4-Toys in 2002 with news of a LBA like game called Trium Planeta. Promised release date passes in 2004. 2005 brings news that Raynal is apparting F4-Toys with Trium Planeta to be cancelled and another company called Société LUDOÏD to open.

The Fred Raynal company history and LBA rights history is very negative and complicated, but thats the gaming world. KTHNKS.
Old 2005-05-08, 20:47
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
It's not over yet! There's still a huge fanbase of the LBA series. We will have to be patient and continue our support. This is not yet the time to start and work on a new game with a new company. When the world economy is changing for the better, then publishers are willing to take a risk again. That's when Fred should start on a new game again!

I just don't understand why Sega gave up on No Cliche after the succes of Toy Commander. Sega stopped with the Dreamcast, but after that they have gone multi-platform! They even started taking over European companies again. So WHY WHY WHY did they give up on No Cliche?
Old 2005-05-08, 22:58
The return of

Quote:
A gaming consultant with a company developing a number of games simultaneously at one time. He is making games, as a matter of fact i will have to add somthing to the article.

i asked Xflash
>1. Will Frederick work on any more computer games any time soon?
His reply was
Yes I think so. But I don't have anymore news than TP and some very little project here for french company.

Thing is, Fred is at the current moment not even telling frantz what he's up to. So we need to wait a while before he tells the rest of us what he's working on, TP is not confirmed to have been completely scratched of the list, who knows what may happen with it in the future.

Fred loves making games, its his proffession, but he needs to get everything straight before venturing again.
Closed Thread