Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2005-09-29, 13:34
weee

Did I hear "The Dead Zone" and "The 4400"??!

These 2, among with Lost, are my absolute favorite shows.
The Dead Zone *does* have some lame episodes. I can't disagree on that. Especially the first episodes of the 4th season. But if you get over these, and focus on the great episodes (which are the majority), you'll love the show. It's a great show.

The 4400 is even better than The Dead Zone (you should give it a try Darkflame!). I can't describe it more without giving away spoilers (I think I already gave some description in this thread), but I used it's music as my Windows startup sound So you can see how much I love it. The ending of the second season was so , I can't wait to see the next major plot turn.

Lost, well, Lost is Lost. Lost is good. Even a little better than The 4400
Old 2005-09-29, 18:58
Still in a dream...

Gundam SEED Destiny, which is ending this weekend

Lost, which is starting (series 2, fucking amazing so far.)

That's it.
Old 2005-10-01, 04:29
The Asian

Send a message via ICQ to Blissful Send a message via AIM to Blissful
I haven't seen The Dead Zone yet. I don't have much time to! But did anyone manage to catch that new Supernaturalwhatever series? I watched the beginning, and basically fell asleep on the rest. That could have either been because I was tired or it sucked.

Anyhow, I love Lost, Dead Like Me (<3!!@$!$) and Six Feet Under.

Minako says:
I'm your bitch.
Old 2005-10-01, 06:37
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
4 seasons?
oh well, thats good at least...I thought it was another one of those "Lets cancel is after 1 series" type programs that I often get my heart broken over. ("Now and Again", "The Others" ect)
Old 2005-10-02, 02:30
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
I just reached ep 15 in lost season 1, and I would just like to say that lost is the best thing. ever. ^^

Seriously, don't you dare not watch this :P
It's amazing, and I'm REALLY not someone who's quick to call something amazing.

So in conclusion, WATCH IT.

Last edited by Reek; 2005-10-02 at 02:39.
Old 2005-10-02, 03:59

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Firefly is up there with Farscape for me. It's not as in-depth, but considering there was only 14 episodes released in total, I am really impressed by the amount of storytelling the crew and cast managed to pack in.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Old 2005-10-02, 11:33
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
Yes, FireFly is a great series, great characters and witty dialouges, it is a shame Fox cancelled it, if it'd continue it could have been an awesome show.

Anyway, there is a movie, with same cast, released yesterday at USA I think. Called Serenity.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2005-10-02, 12:29
Zebrazilla

I didn't like Firefly at all, the way they mix science-fiction and western makes no bloody sense to me. o_O
If they left out the western part, or just toned it down a little, it would've probably been a little bit better.

I've been watching Farscape and Battlestar Galactica alot recently. After watching more than half the first season of Battlestar Galactica, I thought for myself; "Hey, what the heck, lets try this Farscape thing while we're at it.."
So I leeched some Farscape from some poor sod (actually, I seeded for over 2 weeks after downloading it, but leeching sounds neater to say) and sat down to watch it.

After watching the first episode I was very dissapointed, saying for myself; "Wtf is this?! It's so totally lame! Who in gods name would ever like crap like this?" But, I had indeed spent the last few days leeching it from some poor sod, so I decided to give it one more shot. I quickly watched the second episode and that didn't give much better impression, even though it was a little bit better.
I decided to give it one last shot, and that's when I got blessed by the Farscape phenomenon. It was awesome! I totally fell inlove with it. Before I knew it I had watched the first season and was craving for more.
I definetly recommend watching Farscape for anyone, and If you don't like it by the first episodes, give it another shot or two. I can almost guarantee that you will love it.

As for Battlestar Galactica. I like it quite a bit, but ever since I watched Farscape I haven't had the guts to go back to Battlestar Galactica. Afraid of what I might think of it now. I'll watch one more season of Farscape, then I'll probably watch some Battlestar Galactica.

So.. lets make a little list here of what I'm currently watching;
  • Farscape - Totally awesome, I can't get enough of it!
  • Lost - Best thing ever, 'nuff said (together with Farscape ofcourse, *cough* *cough*)
  • Battlestar Galactica - Awesome, when I last watched it. Might change opinion if I watch it now.
  • That '70s Show - Hysterical ^^, such sweet afternoon enjoyment is hard to find. Suits excellent together with a cup of coffee.
  • Will & Grace - Stupid, but excellent. I like heterosexuals making fun of homosexuals and vice versa.
  • Friends - Always nice together wit ha cup of coffee. Sadly, however, I haven't got much time to watch it nowadays.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2005-10-02, 15:40
weee

I agree with everyone saying Lost is the best thing ever. Even though I really am someone who's quick to call something amazing. Lost is just better than any other show.
Old 2005-10-02, 16:13
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
You think season 1 of Farscape is good? wait till you see the rest ^_^
---

I kinda think canceling anything after one season is stupid...it takes people that long to find the show. Word of mouth and accidental watching something is a slow process.
Also, for a story standpoint, season 1 establishs the situation and charecters so you can start exploreing them more in the later seasons.
Old 2005-10-02, 17:18
Little Bastard Warrior.

Oh good why won't they show more of these shows here?! I want to see Farscape, Firefly and the last three seasons of Stargate. But noooooooooooooooooo, we only get frickin' CSI/NY/Miami (which is fine, although I only watch CSI Classic, but goddammit, I want my SG1). And I wish they show the first season of Lost again, 'cause I never got to see that.

Chaosfish: Oh course you can desribe The 4400 better than that: It's the new X-Files. Easy as that.
Old 2005-10-02, 19:56
Idyllic + whimsical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless
That '70s Show - Hysterical ^^, such sweet afternoon enjoyment is hard to find. Suits excellent together with a cup of coffee.
Finally someone here that appreciates that show!
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2005-10-03, 00:06

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless
I'll watch one more season of Farscape, then I'll probably watch some Battlestar Galactica.
Hahaha!!

If you do as much as watch the second season up to "Crackers Don't Matter," you'll end up watching all 4 seasons plus the mini-series before you hit Galactica again
Old 2005-10-05, 01:23
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Rome - Great show, i heard it was good, but i thought it might be xena-ish, but it wasent, its very good, and with a lot of nudity
Old 2005-10-05, 22:03
weee

Threshold - (science fiction) - Just watched the first episode, and it looks GOOD. * Fishos adds it to current watched shows list
Old 2005-10-07, 01:26
weee

Just watched the second episode of Threshold, and it still rocks!
Now here's something funny I noticed about this show:
The actor who plays Ethan in lost also has a character in Threshold. The funny thing is that he plays the same role as in Lost! His name is not Ethan, but he is still the weird mysterious scary dude that comes out of nowhere and grabs you by your neck. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I say, watch the show.
Old 2005-10-07, 07:14
The Asian

Send a message via ICQ to Blissful Send a message via AIM to Blissful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aule
Rome - Great show, i heard it was good, but i thought it might be xena-ish, but it wasent, its very good, and with a lot of nudity
Nudity!! Hells yeah. Anyway, I watched a *smidgen* of it once and it wasn't bad at all, but I just think it will be a little hard to follow since I didn't catch it from the beginning. If I have time I'll try though.

Supernatural DOES suck by the way, just to inform everyone. I regret looking further into it. At least it gave me a good rest.

Minako says:
I'm your bitch.
Old 2005-10-07, 13:08
Idyllic + whimsical

I heard Prison Break is good. Did anyone try it? It should have about 7 episodes so far.
Old 2005-10-09, 03:42
Somewhere

Send a message via AIM to ellimac Send a message via MSN to ellimac Send a message via Yahoo to ellimac
I've watched the 1st episode, and yeah, it seems promising. I'm on my way to the second one, and let you know...

Currently watched shows list :
  • Lost
  • Alias
  • Friends
  • Smallville
  • Prison Break
  • Malcolm in the Middle

Oh and
  • Cat's Eyes
if anyone knows

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!
* find out what raynal said A LONG TIME ago here !!!
* get to listen to my midi version of LBA's Theme here !!! (or (the beginning of) my own LBA's Theme mp3 version??)
* See my 1st Franco parade drawing here !!! (and relentlessly encourage me to finish the 2nd one!)
* Wish me happy birthday more than 6 months late here !!!
Ok elli, let's just STOP here, ok???
Old 2005-10-09, 07:02
Idyllic + whimsical

I'm downloading Prison Break now.
Old 2005-10-09, 17:33
weee

You people should give Threshold a try. I just realized I didn't describe it yet.

Threshold - (science fiction) - Molly, a contingency analyst, deals with "worst case scenarios". She makes plans for the government on what to do in cases of a sudden crisis - for example a sudden global deadly virus attack. One of her plans, a plan on what to do on first encounters with aliens, is named "Threshold".
This plan happens to be executed, the a couple of special agents lands an hellicopter in her back yard and takes her with them - where she is assigned as the Threshold operation leader.
From this moment on (and also some momnets before it that I didn't mention) you'll have to discover everything by watching the show.
The atmosphere of the show is great, acting is great, and I love the characters.
So do me a favour and give it a try, I hate being the only one enjoying it
Old 2005-10-09, 19:08
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
I watch Lost (who doesn't?!) religously, it's the only show I'll go out of my way to watch (I don't watch much tv). And malcom in the middle if it's on when I'm eating, also Friends if it's one when I decide I'm bored of my guitars.

EDIT: and I've just noticed that when using quick reply the page doesn't refresh to display your post, your post just magically appears. And the spoiler tags suck - it was cool having the mouse over thing but I guess this is safer.

EDIT 2: And I've also just noticed the cool editing thing.
Old 2005-10-10, 17:00
weee

Bliss is teh right, I watched the first episode of Supernatural and it's really lame.
Old 2005-10-10, 19:28
Still in a dream...

I'm currently downloading Firefly.... I hope it's good. It's 4GB.
Old 2005-10-10, 19:54
weee

Is Firefly anything like starwars/startrek/etc.?

Tags
series, shows, television