Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Music

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Music The place for all your music creations

Old 2022-10-03, 22:19
Neko

Sotto Voce

Old 2022-10-04, 16:09
Refrão* (ligar overdrive)

I can imagine this as a soundtrack for a black&white italian movie !
Old 2022-10-07, 12:48
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
I can imagine this as a soundtrack for a black&white italian movie !
dankjewel!
Old 2022-10-07, 16:52

Btw, I really find it more intesresting (and usually elicits more feedback and lengthier responses) when the author/musician writes something about the track, too, even if its mysteriously written, without giving much away. But as is, for instance, sotto voice and some piano melodies, it's hard to say anything more deep, because we do not know the context, or what it was made for. It sounds like many other things we've heard before in the past. Like, a piano tune, out of hundreds. That's why I have correlated it to a link of vintage eras, because it's what reminds me, but it might be that the song has nothing to do at all with that!
Old 2022-10-07, 21:11
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Btw, I really find it more intesresting (and usually elicits more feedback and lengthier responses) when the author/musician writes something about the track, too, even if its mysteriously written, without giving much away. But as is, for instance, sotto voice and some piano melodies, it's hard to say anything more deep, because we do not know the context, or what it was made for. It sounds like many other things we've heard before in the past. Like, a piano tune, out of hundreds. That's why I have correlated it to a link of vintage eras, because it's what reminds me, but it might be that the song has nothing to do at all with that!
I find it hard to say something about it, except that it's a track where a lot of feeling went into it. If it resonates with some of your own feelings, it may leave a clue, but I don't want it to be about me, it should be about what it invokes into you
Old 2022-10-09, 06:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
I find it hard to say something about it, except that it's a track where a lot of feeling went into it. If it resonates with some of your own feelings, it may leave a clue, but I don't want it to be about me, it should be about what it invokes into you
Gotcha! :)
Old 2022-10-14, 12:05
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Super cool! For me it invokes a melodramatic cutscene in a JRPG, although then it would be played slower How does it work to come up with a piano track? Is most of the time spent calculating with the circle of fifth and looking up building blocks to piece together or is it more about playing around on the piano and seeing what feels right?
Old 2022-10-14, 16:03
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
Super cool! For me it invokes a melodramatic cutscene in a JRPG, although then it would be played slower How does it work to come up with a piano track? Is most of the time spent calculating with the circle of fifth and looking up building blocks to piece together or is it more about playing around on the piano and seeing what feels right?
it could be the latter,, but i am not so good at that approach. but this one was composed purely on sibelius, drawing notes bar by bar. I just try things out till they match what is being played in my head.

If nothing is playing in my head, I just try to draw a rhythm and try some notes on top of it to get something going. I feel what is 'right' and remove what is 'wrong' till the song allows itself to be written. It is more an allowing than a creation I'd say.
Old 2022-10-19, 01:47
Magic Level: Water Ball

That's an interesting approach.
Old 2022-10-19, 15:03
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
That's an interesting approach.
well the only problem is that I cannot always hold on to what is playing in my head, the minute I write it down, it fades.
I can try to sing and record it, but a couple months later I listen to it and think: "uhhhh what's this"
Old 2022-10-19, 19:49

I like this approach too.