Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-04-06, 16:18
weee

Text indexes

Firstly, the LBA2 Hebrew translation is 99% done

We have one problem though, which prevent it from being perfect. There are a few times in the game that the same text entry is used in "option text" and in also in "regular text".
That causes (with Zink's LBA Hebrew Converter) one of the situation (at my choice) not to be aligned correctly.

I will quote Zink's mail to me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
About the double text thing: I tried to change something in the
appropriate lti file, but it can't be changed this way. Lti files
conatin some kind of indexes for each text entry. For example: let's
say that a text entry saying "hello" has index #1000 (in the lti
file). If you then change it's index to some other value, and you
change the index of text saying for example "good bye" to #1000, you
will see the text "good bye" where it should be "hello".
That's how it works. So in our case in both situations the game
searches for the index #1000 (which is index of our text "no, thank
you, honest"), so changing the lti file will not work. What could help
is modifying the index the game searches for in one of these
situations. I think it is stored in scenes (life script maybe?).
I discovered another thing: text entries and sound samples are
connected, it means that if you change the indexes like in the example
above, you will not only see the "good bye" instead of "hello" and
also hear "good bye" insted of "hello". So indexes in lti files apply
to both texts and sound samples. Maybe it will be useful.
Does anyone have a solution for that?
Any way of adding a new text entry and maybe change the scene file for calling the another entry while in "option text" mode?

Thanks in advance
Old 2005-04-06, 16:30
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- ChaosFish: Life scripts are exactly what I'm trying to implement into LBA Scene Manager. I'm also trying to make the program properly de-compile and compile LBA 2 track (=move) scripts, but it's difficult. For LBA 1 move scripts, I used yaz0r's dumped scene, for the rest (life scripts, LBA 2 move scripts), they're more difficult. Especially the life scripts. For the LBA 2 move scripts, the program already supports them, only sometimes, you'll see plenty of END commands inside the scripts (and sometimes you'll also see COMMAND_## commands, which are unknown (## is the opcode of the command). I will try to do it better, and to implement the life scripts, so you just have to wait.

Also, can you tell me, which texts are both option and regular texts (quote them, please, and also specify the TEXT.HQR entry they're located in)?
Old 2005-04-06, 16:46
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
Also, can you tell me, which texts are both option and regular texts (quote them, please, and also specify the TEXT.HQR entry they're located in)?
I'll post a list today
(not a very long list luckily)
Old 2005-04-06, 19:23
Magic Ball Master

If I understand right, the only solution is creating new entries with the rtl text and changing in the scene files like Zink said. But with this we have 2 problems, first know which characters said that text and second searching it in the life script. LBA2 have lots of life script macros, more than LBA2 but the MESSAGE macro could (with lot of lucky) have the same value as LBA1.

So, really, I don't know exactly how can I help you :/

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-04-09, 18:31
weee

Ok... sorry for the long delay. I found very few. Only 3 actually:
  • Citadel Island - Entry 84 - "Do you know where I can find Raph the lighthouse keeper ?": This line is being said to everyone, but also to the thief rabbibunny on an option text.
  • Wannies Island - Entry 9 - "No thank you, honest!": This line is being said to the Wannie mother about the firefly tart, but also to the ferryman if you choose not to go anywhere.
  • Otringal - Entry 50 - "I don't have anything to sell.": This line is always said to the Sup clerk on in Otringal shop, but it can be said out of option text or regularly if you really don't have anything to sell.

If I'll find any more I'll post them here.

Btw Obras: did you get my email?
Old 2005-04-09, 19:02
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- ChaosFish:
1. I have an idea. Instead of putting these lines in the usualy ways, do this: instead of putting the additional spaces BEFORE the text, put them along with the STANDARD spaces (char #32). This will make the line occupy the maximum width of the window, making in look correctly in both the window and in the option.
2. I got your e-mail and downloaded the file. You'll have the LBA2.HQR ready next weekend.
Old 2005-04-09, 19:32
weee

I'm not sure I understood... I tried putting regular spaces before the text, and I tried putting regular spaces after the text. Either way it's messed up.
See this screenshot attached.
As you can see the option text is less wide than regular text.

And about the credits: You own!!! Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lba2_012.png‎
Views:	121
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	4725  
Old 2005-04-09, 19:38
Welcome to Zirla!

The explanation:
Zink's Hebrew converter puts the "spaces" (alignment characters) before the text, right? So you just open the LBT entries for the text you need, and move the alignment characters from their original position to within the text (where the #032 (standard) spaces are), of course making sure, that the text doesn't appear weird.

BTW, can you send me the Hebrew credits in TXT? Because TXT I can just convert into the LBA2.HQR text format, while for LBT, I would have more work.
Old 2005-04-09, 21:11
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
The explanation:
Zink's Hebrew converter puts the "spaces" (alignment characters) before the text, right? So you just open the LBT entries for the text you need, and move the alignment characters from their original position to within the text (where the #032 (standard) spaces are), of course making sure, that the text doesn't appear weird.

BTW, can you send me the Hebrew credits in TXT? Because TXT I can just convert into the LBA2.HQR text format, while for LBT, I would have more work.
I can't seem to understand your idea.
Do you mean like, making more space between the words inside the line? Or something else? Can you please post an example?

And, I sent you the txt file
Old 2005-04-09, 21:21
Welcome to Zirla!

- ChaosFish: Well... Zink's Hebrew Converter turns a line from:
"This."
to something like a bunch of spaces + ".sihT"
Well, you see a bunch of "space" alignment chars at the beginning. Just take them, and move them to the parts of the text, which have a #032 (standard space) character.

For example, a line is:
4 spaces + ".sjdfhfh fhhf fheru fhfrL"

Now, I'll mark this spaces with "$"'s, for convenience (no, do not mark them yourself, it's just here, so you get, what I mean).
"$$$$.sjdfhfh fhhf fheru fhfrL"

Turn the line to look like this:
".sjdfhfh$ fhhf$$ fheru$ fhfrL"

That's it.

I hope you got it now.
Old 2005-04-09, 21:30
weee

Ok, I understand.
But it still would look weird that way, so I think it's better to just keep it as it is for now
Old 2005-04-09, 21:33
Welcome to Zirla!

- ChaosFish: Now, that I think. You posted exactly, who says something. So I can open the scenes with those characters in LBA Scene Manager, and hex-edit their life scripts, so they say a different line. Then, you would just have to make another LTI entry, as well as another LBT entry. So, just add these entries, and send me the new entry numbers, so I know, what to hex-put into the life scripts.
Old 2005-04-09, 21:45
weee

Wow!! You're amazing.

So for Citadel Island it's entry 348, For Wannie Island it's entry 85, and for Otringal it's entry 259.

Thanks!!

Old 2005-04-09, 21:50
Welcome to Zirla!

- ChaosFish: Thanks. You'll get the hex-edited scenes as soon as possible (in a SCENE.HQR).

BTW: Did you get my PM's?
Old 2005-04-09, 21:55
weee

What would've I done without you

Yes, I sent you the text in ANSI
Old 2005-04-09, 21:57
weee

Just one thing with the ANSI I sent you:
instead of "ª" there should be "׳".
LBA2 does know about the "׳" character.
Old 2005-04-09, 22:11
Welcome to Zirla!

- ChaosFish: Well, it seems like the damn G-Mail automatically converts the texts into Unicode...

Well, send it here: [email address].
Old 2005-04-09, 22:16
weee

Ok, sent!
Again, "ª" should be "׳".
Old 2005-04-09, 22:26
Welcome to Zirla!

- ChaosFish: Thanks. I got it in ANSI now. And... I WILL replace the character, don't worry.
Old 2005-04-10, 14:32
weee

Ok, sorry for worrying

One last thing:
I sent you the file with the nicknames ("OBrasilo", "Zink") next to the real names.
Old 2005-04-10, 17:26
Magic Ball Master

Good to know that this could be fixed

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-04-10, 17:42
Master of Degree

Yeah. But maybe it would be better to write a small program that fixes the scene files instead of putting the whole scene.hqr. In that case, the program could also put the text and font files into appropriate hqr's, so the mod would be smaller. (also in that case there could be a possibility to choose which language to replace during installation). Decision is up to you, CF.
Old 2005-04-10, 18:04
weee

That would be perfect, and if anyone would volunteer to do that of course I'll be delighted!
Old 2005-04-11, 08:32
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
Yeah. But maybe it would be better to write a small program that fixes the scene files instead of putting the whole scene.hqr. In that case, the program could also put the text and font files into appropriate hqr's, so the mod would be smaller. (also in that case there could be a possibility to choose which language to replace during installation). Decision is up to you, CF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
That would be perfect, and if anyone would volunteer to do that of course I'll be delighted!
If it's about making a program, then I'm the right person to ask. I'm going to make this small program (which will also have compression). You'll have it on Friday (I'll have to study the other days).

Edit: But then, there will be one small problem. If a scene is modded (e.g. doesn't have the needed actor at the needed position), then the wrong actor would get modded. Well... if the actor is only moved, then it would still be possible to find the right actor, but if the actor is not there anymore... and not to even thing, that someone might put the same actor with the same life script into another scene... hard thingy.

But I WILL make this program, don't worry.

Last edited by Battler; 2005-04-11 at 10:17.
Old 2005-04-11, 13:33
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Hmmm, I meant that I could write such program...
But OK OBrasilo, If you already said you would make it, then make it.