Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2022-04-15, 16:57
Magic Level: Red Ball

Lightbulb Should the women's steam room be revamped when LBA2 gets remade?

In the hacienda in LBA2, Twinsen can play the pervert and sneak into the women's sauna, which causes the women to scream for the receptionist for help, so that Twinsen can get from the reception desk to the snake charmer, who offers valuable info.

I think given that Twinsen otherwise is always the friendly hero everyone likes, being such a creep there doesn't really fit in, and looking at how tight-nit the community on desert island (or citadel island) is, it's unrealistic that he doesn't face long-term consequences.

Would it be good to amend this scene if LBA2 gets a remake? If so, how? Maybe Twinsen could play other mischief, like pouring smelly stuff onto the sauna stove.

A similar example would be the lauded revamp of the Honey Bee Inn in the Final Fantasy VII remake (article).
Old 2022-04-16, 14:46
Neko

i do not think we should change everything that was a bit edgy. It's humor

although if everything get's super 3d and detailed it might get too "dirty" and become a bit too serious.
Old 2022-04-16, 20:11

Good point with how it can be humor if it's not too detailed, just like cartoon violence is a different beast than real violence.

Might still be a good opportunity to change it though. Then they can also do an interview for a gaming magazine explaining the change, which then gives the remake more visibility. And I was thinking about the fact that many perpetrators of catcalling, which is also an invasion of privacy, have a wrong perception that the victim is enjoying the attention. Not sure if video games can cause such perceptions.
Old 2022-04-16, 21:12
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodhound View Post
Good point with how it can be humor if it's not too detailed, just like cartoon violence is a different beast than real violence.

Might still be a good opportunity to change it though. Then they can also do an interview for a gaming magazine explaining the change, which then gives the remake more visibility. And I was thinking about the fact that many perpetrators of catcalling, which is also an invasion of privacy, have a wrong perception that the victim is enjoying the attention. Not sure if video games can cause such perceptions.
you think someone playing lba 2 would get the idea to enter a woman sauna and peep?

Might as well change that you cannot really kill clones, they have feelings as well, as they are biological clones maybe change it to robots.
Old 2022-04-16, 21:47
Magic Level: Green Ball

Positions like this could also change when you look at the hologram of a sexualized woman from the Wizard of the Citadel. Objectify women by a perverted Wizard.

Or make you unable to hit the kids at school and leave them crying (or the babies of the nursery on the island of the francos.).

Or change the stuffed Grobo-Clone head from Twinsen's house from the Ending of the first game.

I see these things as nonsense and I hope they don't change them.

Last edited by XXStranger; 2022-04-16 at 21:56.
Old 2022-04-16, 22:02
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXStranger View Post
Positions like this could also change when you look at the hologram of a sexualized woman from the Wizard of the Citadel. Objectify women by a perverted Wizard.

Or make you unable to hit the kids at school and leave them crying (or the babies of the nursery on the island of the francos.).

Or change the stuffed Grobo-Clone head from Twinsen's house from the Ending of the first game.

I see these things as nonsense and I hope they don't change them.
stuffed grobo head?

how about rosa the cow trick
Old 2022-04-16, 22:08
Magic Level: Green Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
stuffed grobo head?

how about rosa the cow trick

http://vamosajugar.net/archivo/LBA/Cap10/lba-3706.jpg
http://vamosajugar.net/archivo/LBA/Extra/cabezaclon.jpg
Old 2022-04-16, 23:11
Neko

oh yeah wow never saw that
Old 2022-04-17, 12:14

There's no need to change the Rosa the Cow trick, as clearly Twinsen was just knocking off the clover leaves from Rosa's butt after she sat in a clover field. Got totally misinterpreted as sex But nonsense or not nonsense, the trick surely already is against Amazon Luna store rules and other retro games (Icewind Dale) have gotten banned from app stores in the past, so I don't see a chance for that trick to go into a commercial remake.

Good observation with the Grobo head. Game intro should have started with "Hello, I'm Twinsen, the pervert war criminal of this adventure."

P.S.: I just wanted to clarify that while I'm not so sure about the influence on perceptions of sexual harassment, I'm pretty sure LBA2 doesn't give people the idea to bang cows or to decorate their rooms with the severed heads of their enemies.
Old 2022-04-17, 21:38
Neko

Quote:
There's no need to change the Rosa the Cow trick, as clearly Twinsen was just knocking off the clover leaves from Rosa's butt after she sat in a clover field. Got totally misinterpreted as sex But nonsense or not nonsense, the trick surely already is against Amazon Luna store rules and other retro games (Icewind Dale) have gotten banned from app stores in the past, so I don't see a chance for that trick to go into a commercial remake.

Good observation with the Grobo head. Game intro should have started with "Hello, I'm Twinsen, the pervert war criminal of this adventure."

P.S.: I just wanted to clarify that while I'm not so sure about the influence on perceptions of sexual harassment, I'm pretty sure LBA2 doesn't give people the idea to bang cows or to decorate their rooms with the severed heads of their enemies.
Most steam rooms I know are for all the sexes, are they usually separated?
Old 2022-04-18, 11:59

Maybe in France they're more prude as they're Catholic?
Old 2022-04-20, 11:50
Mathemagician

Quote:
France tends to be less prudish about this sort of thing than English speaking countries.

I would laugh if the steam room was for all genders in a remake and everyone screams when Twinsen runs in because what sort of freak storms into a steam room in a full robe!?
Old 2022-04-21, 21:23
Magic Sword Master

Quote:
France is aggressively secular, so I don't think that's the case. I think the steam rooms are separated by gender though.

Anyway, I don't think this would need to be banned, because the game instantly and clearly expresses that it's wrong behaviour.
Old 2022-04-21, 22:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiB View Post
I would laugh if the steam room was for all genders in a remake and everyone screams when Twinsen runs in because what sort of freak storms into a steam room in a full robe!?
And then the hot steam causes his fake wizard beard's glue to come off, awwwkwarddd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Anyway, I don't think this would need to be banned, because the game instantly and clearly expresses that it's wrong behaviour.
There are two times in the game when the snake charmer on top of the Hacienda knows important plot info and both times the drunkards near the receptionist tell Twinsen that. So even if the first time into the women's sauna is by accident, the second time the drunkards say this, Twinsen will just be like "*sigh* Guess I'll have to play the pervert again". It's true that the game expresses that it's wrong behavior, but the game also rewards it.

Last edited by bloodhound; 2022-04-21 at 22:25. Reason: emoji not supported