Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2006-05-31, 00:14
Father of Shoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina
I'd first like to privately send you in some translated terms and names that you may think if that's good enough or not. I'll organize them soon.
okey, cool

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2006-06-06, 22:23
Father of Shoda

how is the translation going? need any help at all :P

Check it out:
Old 2006-06-08, 12:50
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
I'm still working on it. When I'm done, I'll send you the files. It might take at least a week to finish it.
Old 2006-06-08, 16:46
Father of Shoda

okey, then i'll know..

Check it out:
Old 2006-06-10, 18:32
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

It's rhyming...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina
You seem to have missed the "I take your boat" part during translation, but better than nothing. I could improve your translation a bit so you can once again improvise on the better version:
"Du sjöman, är du snäll,
ta mig över de kokande haven,
för några ädelstenar, jag får din båt,
jag kan ej simma, eller flyta!!"
Thanks for your assistance anyway.
Fergemann, er du snill
ta meg dit hvor jeg skal til
For fire steiner, over vann
til dit jeg ikke svømme kan

It's on Norwegian though. Maybe you can translate it and still get it to rhyme.

Last edited by andnor; 2006-06-10 at 19:37.
Old 2006-06-10, 18:39
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Wow. Nice, I don't speak norvegian but i suppose you did a great work making the rhyme
Old 2006-06-10, 19:02
Tomorrow burns!

Andnor: Nice! I'll work on the translation of it. Thank you.
Old 2007-04-26, 10:54
Tomorrow burns!

Twinsen How nostaligic!

I can't believe that it's been three years ago I've started on this project and left the most the time for dead. When I visited one of the main LBA projects, like LBA Prequel, it suddenly reminded me that I feel once again guilty to finish the Swedish translation. I've took up once again the old project files and continued with it.

Additionally, I'm through the quotes from the island of the Francos and the Wannies' island. Even the Ferryman song got translated and I am sure it works pretty well. The things that remains to translate from English are, if I remember right: The second half of Otringal, the island of the mosquibees and the Celebration island. Afterwards, I'll correct the rest of the quotes that I've translated much earlier, since some terms and grammar had to be checked, while I must remember how the Swedish letters go with the game. I've still kept it's font inside the HQR file.

To assure against my laziness or forgetfulness, I've kept this thread under the bookmarks. And if I kept you guys waiting too long, then I apologize. The spirit of Sendell has awoken again, and I really hope it will last long enough till it's release.
Old 2007-04-26, 15:56
Magic Ball Master

...and almost a year since your last post. Wow time goes indeed fast. It seams yesterday when you start doing the translation .

Good luck with the project again!

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2012-09-11, 20:42
Zebrazilla

Did you ever finish your translation of LBA 2, Illumina?

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2012-09-22, 02:06
Tomorrow burns!

5 years... OH SH--!

Well, I got your PM and replied that the draft is still lying in my hard drive. Other interests got ahead of me and I left them back there until there was a time I would proceed on it (which I didn't). But since I have pretty little things on my hands, I'll give it a couple of days and check them out. I'll let you know if I've decided to continue working on it again (along with writings and corrections on old drafts) or if I should leave it in someone else's hands. Cheers!
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2012-09-22, 02:47
Zebrazilla

FIVE years. Though seeing how timeless LBA is, it's really no time at all in the grand scheme of things. Also; Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

I'm glad to hear from you! Let me also state, as in my reply to your PM, that I would gladly help with corrections and checking for consistence - aternatively taking over the burden in translating the remainder of the text. My hands tend to be quite free these days.

I look forward to future developments.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2012-10-18, 13:40
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
That reminds me, I still have the Slovenian translations of LBA 1 and LBA 2 left to do, which my friend left to me back in 2005 or so, and I've never gotten to do it since.

And there's alexfont's still unfinished European Portuguese translation of LBA 2 too.
Old 2012-11-06, 19:40
Tomorrow burns!

Yep, it's only a question if they will be picked up again someday. As for my translation (in cooperation with Homeless), in case anyone wonders, I am currently trying to get one of my music projects finished in the nearest month, tentatively. When that's done, I can see myself getting back to work with the translation. At least, despite those years that passed, I would likely be comfortable to get this over with...
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend