Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2006-10-10, 01:05
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Another bug: when I modify all of polygons and try to save the model, the program crashes.

For example, try recoloring the "Twinsen with nurse dress" model by changing the dress to a military uniform, make his skin darker, change his shoes as well, make his eyes brown, and then try to save the model - the program will crash.
Old 2006-10-10, 17:02
Magic Ball Master

Really strange why this happens. Does it save something in a file, or the file is totally empty?

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-10-10, 17:22
Magic Ball Master

I made a try and nothing happens. I need to exactly do what you did, to see what is going on.

Old 2006-10-10, 17:51
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- alexfont: 1. Sometimes, the file is saved but parts of it are corrupted, and sometimes, the saved file is 0 bytes in size (= is empty).

2. I opened the "Twinsen with nurse costume" model, and recolored it polygon-by-polygon to military color, then I recolored his head, and eyes, with the "recolor all polygons" function. Then, I recolored the spheres.

I recolored the costume polygons to the following colors: 115 (0x73), 131 (0x83), 147 (0x93), and 195 (0xC3). The original color of those polygons is 243 (0xF3).

Then, I tried to save it - and it crashes, and I have no idea, as for why.
Old 2006-10-10, 18:08
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
tried myself and no crash .......
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-10-10, 18:21
Welcome to Zirla!

- Quetch: Then it's because I have Windows 2000 Professional.
Old 2006-10-10, 20:30
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
yay it works with wine (+ lots of dlls :P)!
(doesnt crash)
(wtf wines better than win2000 lol)
Old 2006-10-10, 21:18
!!!!!

Theoretically Wine isn't slower than real Windows once it's well coded because it's not an emulator.
Old 2006-10-10, 21:36
Zebrazilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Theoretically Wine isn't slower than real Windows once it's well coded because it's not an emulator.
Oh, you saved me the trouble. Did I ever mention that I.. wub you?

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2006-10-10, 21:41
!!!!!

If you don't knock that off I'm going to teleport you into that solid rock over there. Now git!

Ontopic: OMG happy birthday MBN etc.! (I've been told that spam is bad )
Old 2006-10-10, 21:46
D0PEFISH

Holy sh*t nice work there Alex!
Old 2006-10-10, 22:15
Zebrazilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
If you don't knock that off I'm going to teleport you into that solid rock over there. Now git!

Ontopic: OMG happy birthday MBN etc.! (I've been told that spam is bad )
Actually, wouldn't "OMG nice program! Nice gift!" be more appropiate to this thread? Ey, wouldn't it, fishy? (OMG OLD SMILIES LOL)

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2006-10-11, 00:02
Fruto di tutti frutti

Very good work Alex! I didn't expect you to do that much in such short time.
Old 2006-10-11, 00:15
!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless View Post
Actually, wouldn't "OMG nice program! Nice gift!" be more appropiate to this thread? Ey, wouldn't it, fishy? (OMG OLD SMILIES LOL)
Oops, sorry, I was confused with the titles. Actually in this case the ontopic is way too cool to go off topic

I tried the program a little, still didn't make any models yet, I hope I will!

P.S. Hi Zink, didn't see you around for a while!
Old 2006-10-11, 11:01
Fruto di tutti frutti

I post in the Prequel forum mainly.
Old 2006-10-11, 17:04
Magic Ball Master

Obras really don't know why this happen to you only.
Maybe its something about the memory since that part change things in the memory.

Does the error only apply at a specific modification you done or it always happen to you and you always couldn't save any model?

Does the animation save routine do the same?

Btw, any other suggestion/feature just let me know

Old 2006-10-11, 18:08
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: It only applies to a specific modification I've done (Quetch in Nurse Costume -> black skin and military uiform).
I've done at least 20 other models with your program, and they all saved correctly. :s
Old 2006-10-26, 22:31
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: I have two things about this program.

1. Clarification on the bug I reported above. It only happens when I change colors to certain values.
For example, try changing the colors of the eyes of the Rabbibunny fisherman model to color 132 (0x84). The program will crash either right while saving the model or after you exit the program, and the saved model will be corrupted.
I tried doing it twice. The first time, it crashed right while saving and the model was "not loadable". As in, the program basically went in an endless loop when trying to load the model afterwards.
The second time, it crashed a bit later, on exiting, and when I tried to load model afterwards, it loaded, but instead of the recolored Rabbibunny fisherman, I got a completely black sphere (without even shades), with its center being right in the center of the model "floor" grid.
Extra details: 2nd byte of the polygon color values for polygons 78 and 79 (counting from 0): 0 (0x00) and 16 (0x10) respectively.

2. Related to that, I would have a feature request. Your program should create a backup of the file one is trying to save when saving it.
Otherwise, the model gets permanently lost, and in some cases, it's really annoying, since the modifications of the models are quite heavy in some cases.

That would be all for now.
Old 2006-10-26, 22:36
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo View Post
2. Related to that, I would have a feature request. Your program should create a backup of the file one is trying to save when saving it.
Otherwise, the model gets permanently lost, and in some cases, it's really annoying, since the modifications of the models are quite heavy in some cases.
That's why I backup all my LBA files before I modify them.
Old 2006-10-27, 01:00
Magic Ball Master

OBras can you please use Bug Tracking System the way this bug and feature be recorded?
I don't have much time for the program now, I'm actually improving Story Coder, in the few time I have currently.
Thanks btw

I also found a little bug only in that specific model It doesn't show the selected polygons. Really don't know why this happening only for that model.

Old 2006-10-27, 01:08
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: Actually, the program doesn't show the selected polygons in any of the Rabbibunny models, and I tried the fisherman, the rebel, and the normal Rabbibunny as well.
Old 2006-10-27, 01:14
Magic Ball Master

Hmmm... it actually doesn't show the selected polygons in all models that have a special engine render different from Gouraud shading. All rabbibunnies use this kind of shading and also the Garbage truck.

I must check why is this happening, its really strange

Old 2006-10-30, 18:05
Magic Level: Red Ball

Great Job!I'm making some models for The Great Rebellion right now!

Old 2006-10-31, 00:50
Éy! I'm not teletubby!!..

Looks cute. I should try it out, when.. When.. Sometime. >.<
Last edited by CrazyBee; Today at 21:01. Reason: (BAD ENGLISH)
Old 2006-11-01, 21:20
Magic Ball Master

Thanks, I looking forward for suggestions.

Tags
lba model editor, lbanimator studio