Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-08-16, 03:36
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- alexfont: it doesn't happen just, when you change the teleporting and hidden actors. In the Principal Island scene with the temple ruins and the sphero clones, if I change any of them, the gate disappears, and, what's worse than that, I can't get out of that scene afterwards (if I walk in there in the game, I then can't get out). Please, fix this bug.
Old 2004-08-16, 03:58
Magic Ball Master

Hmmmm, ok.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-08-16, 20:44
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- alexfont: Please, try to fix this bug, since it's (the bug) ruining my Relentless mode (there is its official thread in the LBA Modifications forum).
Old 2004-08-16, 20:45
Magic Ball Master

I don't know yet the cause of this problem.

Old 2004-08-16, 21:08
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont

I don't know yet the cause of this problem.
A possible fix: try to not save the values, that you can't edit. This might fix it.
Old 2004-08-17, 19:24
Magic Ball Master

I just save all currently viewed values.

Old 2004-11-25, 23:56
Magic Ball Master

Zink, in Delphi how can you get the text item from a list box and add it in the place where the cursor are in an rich edit? and replace the selected text in rich edit with the list box text item?

Old 2004-11-26, 10:55
Fruto di tutti frutti

Example program:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test.zip‎ (7.1 KB, 204 views)
Old 2004-11-26, 16:53
Magic Ball Master

Thanks.

I'm getting an error because the returned TString in the list box. I can't covert it to AnsiString

This is my code. I get an error because he can't 'add' AnsiStrings with TStrings:
Code:
if(lb_movescript->ItemIndex > -1){
       re_movescript->ClearSelection();
       re_movescript->Text = re_movescript->Text.SubString(0,re_movescript->SelStart) + lb_movescript->Items[lb_movescript->ItemIndex].Text + re_movescript->Text.SubString(re_movescript->SelStart,re_movescript->GetTextLen());
   }

Old 2004-11-26, 22:13
Magic Ball Master

Ok, I get it to work.

This is the code I use:
Code:
reselection = re_movescript->SelStart;
   if(lb_movescript->ItemIndex > -1){
       re_movescript->ClearSelection();
       re_movescript->Text = re_movescript->Text.SubString(1,re_movescript->SelStart) + AnsiString(lb_movescript->Items->Strings[lb_movescript->ItemIndex]) + re_movescript->Text.SubString(re_movescript->SelStart+1,re_movescript->GetTextLen());
   }
   reselection += AnsiString(lb_movescript->Items->Strings[lb_movescript->ItemIndex]).Length();
   re_movescript->Focused();
   re_movescript->SelStart = reselection;
You can see what I made in this image:

Thanks for the help

Old 2004-12-14, 18:58
Éy! I'm not teletubby!!..

OH OH OH :O A SCREENIE :O

.. make a *nix version please? :O
Last edited by CrazyBee; Today at 21:01. Reason: (BAD ENGLISH)
Old 2004-12-14, 21:41
Magic Ball Master

Well, I'm in the final of the 1st semester in the university and I will not have much time to work in the program till the end of January or February because the semester exams. I've finished some works and have to study alot because I'm in the 3rd year and need to make all lessons to pass to the 4 year. :S
As soon as I can I'll work in the program again, but first I'll release a new LBA Screen Viewer version.

Old 2004-12-27, 21:57
Magic Ball Master

Today I talk with yaz0r and he advice me to not make the editor working directly with binary files (scene.hqr) but with dumped scenes.
I've made a test program and I can already open this dumped scenes. So now the goal of this program will be to load dumped scenes and to test the modifications the program will export the file for TwinEngine that work with this scene and we can easly so our modifications and when the modifications are done the file could be exported as binary to insert in the scene.hqr.
Anyway that idea to show some actors, zones and tracks in the LBArchitect engine are to be made.

Old 2004-12-27, 22:13
Will clones appear again?

Alexfont, do as OBras does in his program. Load the files in a structurized way. No need for dumped files, just make some user-defined types. It will also enable you to add/remove things from the scenes.

The LBA Trio: N-SoftInd, lbaguy3d (yes, that's me), and O_Brasileiro.
Old 2004-12-27, 22:31
Magic Ball Master

I always made it structurized and can add/remove, I simply doens't make that in the old version. This new one will have this option.
Anyway I didn't delete the work I made using scene.hqr and the convertion to dumped ones...

Old 2004-12-29, 00:34
Magic Ball Master

Guys I need your opinion about the interface for the Actor Script Editor.

You'd like to have Life and Move script separeted?

Or have boths together for a better understanding of the script?

The window in this last pic is large?

Old 2004-12-29, 01:10
Will clones appear again?

Alexfont, together is much better.

The LBA Trio: N-SoftInd, lbaguy3d (yes, that's me), and O_Brasileiro.
Old 2004-12-31, 18:45
Magic Ball Master

Ok, guys another release with some new things but with other ones disabled for now.
This release works just for dumped scenes (see this thread). I'll improve the program as soon as I can.

Here's the changes:

[#] v0.02 (31.12.2004):

- This version is to edit only the dumped scenes, included with this program and with TwinEngine.
The disabled options will be available in the next release. I'm release this for people try to make something with life and move script, creating new actors and so on...

- [Added] A new window with the static value parameters.
- [Added] A new window with to edit the Actor Script (Life and Move Script).
- [Added] Creatiation of new actors.
- [Added] Clone and Remove actors.
- [Added] Dragged file option. Now you can drag scene files in the window
- [Added] Original LBA main pallete to the Actor Talk Color. (thanks to Zink for helping me)
- [Added] Bonus type Combo-box. Now you can directly choose the bonus type. (Zink ideia)
- [Added] Change actor position with the mouse. This thing ins't working perfect because works like the scroll. (Zink ideia)
- [Added] Text bank combo-box with the islands names. You now can choose the texk bank according with the island.

- [Fixed] Bug in the Actor Angle thing.
- [Fixed] Rotation Speed bar. Now 100% is fast and 0% is slow.
- [Fixed] Language bugs (thansk to Zink).

- [Disabled] Feature to open the scene high quality resource directly.
- [Disabled] Settings menu.
- [Disabled] View dumped scene menu to view the scene file in text mode. This feature is compatible with TwinEngine dumped scenes.
- [Disabled] Save Message Dialog when you close the program with an edited file.
- [Disabled] Recognized Invisible Actors (Telepod Actors and Meca-Pinguins).

- [Disabled] Zones and Tracks display.

- [Fixed/Disabled] Incorrectly file save. The saved file loose some actors and sometimes crashed the game.

Download: LBA Scene Editor v0.02

Old 2004-12-31, 18:46
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: This is absolutely wonderful. BTW: Can you explain me, how to load the dumped scenes?
Old 2004-12-31, 18:48
Magic Ball Master

The dumped scenes are in text mode so you can easly see how to load.

Old 2004-12-31, 18:50
Welcome to Zirla!

Ahhh...

Just normal text file loading, I see.
I'll see if I can implement them in the new version of my program.
But I'll also keep support for the binary scenes, in case I someday know, how to decipher the life script.
Also, I'll try to find a way to dump the LBA 2 scenes into the dumped format.
I'll try to do it...
Old 2004-12-31, 18:52
Magic Ball Master

I'll enabled the binary support but not now. I need to fix some things and reintegrate with the text ones.

Old 2004-12-31, 18:54
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: OK.
BTW, is it OK, if I make a slightly different version of the dumped scenes, with the game (LBA 1 or LBA 2) specified in the first line, for easier loading (I'll also add an option in my program to add/remove the line, if needed)?
Old 2004-12-31, 19:02
Magic Ball Master

Nop.
TwinEngine understand the dumped scenes as they are now. If you change something there that TwinEngine doesn't recognize the game could crash or even run.

So what you need to do is load each parameter of dumped scenes and save it in a structurized thing and when you save it to dumped scenes is you that will build the file with that aspect, the way TwinEngine could recognize.

Old 2004-12-31, 20:19
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: An explanation - I would put a thing to AutoConvert LBA 1 scenes for working with TwinEngine. I would use three formats:
SC1: LBA 1 scene, with game specification,
SC2: LBA 2 scene, with game specification,
SCE: LBA 1 (or 2) scene, TwinEngine-compatible.