Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2007-01-07, 20:43
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Great work, both of you!

In the story coder, in the window for selecting the room to open, the Cancel button doesn't work, it can't be closed at all.

In LBArchitect - Selected Actors should be highlighted in some way.
It work for me Kobold. And I checked the code and the function to close the window is there.

About the actors, Zink did a square around the selected objects and Story Coder automatically shows them.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2007-01-07, 20:45
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
It work for me Kobold. And I checked the code and the function to close the window is there.

About the actors, Zink did a square around the selected objects and Story Coder automatically shows them.
The window can only be closed when you don't have opened LBArchitect with the OK button yet.

About the highlighting. I placed my actor on light blue Hamalayi Water, that's why I didn't see it.
Old 2007-01-07, 20:56
Fruto di tutti frutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
The window can only be closed when you don't have opened LBArchitect with the OK button yet.
The window should disappear after clicking OK. Sometimes it doesn't, I thought you fixed that bug already, alex.
Old 2007-01-07, 21:04
Magic Ball Master

But I fixed that .

I already check the code and I have there the function to close the window in the OK and also in the Cancel button and it always work fine for me. Don't know what is happening with it.

Old 2007-01-08, 11:46
!!!!!

Thanks Alexfont! Awesome. Now I'm actually gonna try it
Old 2007-01-09, 23:36
Neko

Thumbs Up

hmm looking good!

however even reading the manual i'm confused:

if you save you can make it a binary file, I understand this is the actual format-code the original game uses? if that's so, how can I add this piece of file to the original scene.hqr?

ah with the hrq editor by zink, good call

Last edited by Neko; 2007-01-09 at 23:49.
Old 2007-01-10, 23:46
Magic Ball Master

Exactly that , with LBA Packaged Editor.
This is something I need to make in future versions, something I was requested already to do for ages , but I don't see it as a priority.

Old 2008-03-01, 19:55
Magic Ball Master

Okay, I reported three bugs of LBA Story Coder in the bugtracker. One is a minor spelling mistake, one is an annoying dialogue that pops up for no reason, and the third makes me unable to enter proper values.

I'm talking about the target coordinates for Cube Zones. I have found out the coordinates I want Twinsen to get teleported to, and copied them into Notepad. Now, I'm trying to paste them into the "X" parameter of the Cube Zone's setting, but copy & paste is blocked for the fields. But I also can't type my target number in manually. For some reason, the text fields block my keyboard, only the number "1" can be entered, 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and the backspace can't be entered and create an error sound. The only way to get my desired number is this clicking on the "up" button next to the fields, which increases the current number by 1. This, however, will take ages getting from 1 to 16825, let alone 20523. I suggest you stop trying to prevent wrong entries into these fields and only control at _saving_ whether they are valid. This way, you're blocking me from entering anything, and be it correct.

Second, the "Open File" window doesn't accept *.scp files, despite claiming otherwise. It doesn't display those files in the file browser, and also gives an error message that "this file type isn't supported by the program". The only way I've found to open the *.scp files I previously saved is via the Windows explorer, double clicking there. You must have forgotten adding it to the Open window.

Third, I can't enter the character info stats correctly. For actor's stats like "Armor", entering any numbers is blocked as well, the only way is clicking the "up" and "down" buttons, so I have to click 51 times to get my actor 51 points of armor. The program is also giving me a tough time when entering negative numbers (-1) into the "info" fields to the right. When I enter the "-", I get an error message crying that "-" is not a valid integer! It doesn't even leave me time to add the 1 after it. Only when entering the 1 first and then putting the minus before it it works.

When setting up a new scene file, the new scene is initialized with no track and no zone. Thus, when accessing the Track or Zone tabs, I get an access violation error message. I can click OK and then create a track or a zone and the error stops. But the program should have an error catcher for the cases when there's no track or zone.

Lastly, there was some minor spelling mistake I've also reported. But that's too minor to be cared about, mostly I'd like to use the program without those annoying errors and messages. I know what to enter, the program simply doesn't allow me doing it.
Old 2008-03-02, 15:10
Magic Ball Master

Hey Kobold, many thanks for your input.

I understand your frustration when you want to edit fields in Story Code, is something that I know for a while but never found a way to fix it, due to bugs in the borland component I've been using.

Story Coder will be obsolete and I'm still thinking if I should or not make a final version with all this things fixed. I can't tell much more about it, but all your input will take in count.

Old 2008-03-02, 17:42
Fruto di tutti frutti

In addition to what alexfont said, that the Story Coder will be obsolete, I have to add a comment, because it might sound like there would be no tool for Scene editing any more (that would allow graphical presentation). Alexfont and I are working on a solution to this problem, however, that's a secret for now. Anticipating the obvious question: I have no idea when we will finish this. I think we will be able to give you more info in about 2 or 3 months.
Old 2008-08-12, 23:51
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Send a message via MSN to Mippie
Question

First of all , i have to apologise for 3 things
1. My not so perfect english
2. Bumping this rather old topic up (but otherwise i needed to make a new one)
3. My Question Itself as it is probably quite stupid

The Question:
I think i have a basic understanding of Story coder, but How can i test the scripts in-game (Preferably LBA1)??

edit: Ow, btw thanks for making this programma avalible to all the fans
Old 2008-08-13, 01:04
Magic Ball Master

Welcome on board and don't need to apologize

You must put *.ls1 files inside SCENE.HQR in the right entry. Use Zink's LBA Package Editor or Designer.

Story Coder is now obsolete, we have now LBArquitect new beta version which does what Coder does but integrated with Grids. Take a look at Bugtracking for the beta testing version.

Old 2008-08-13, 01:08
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Mippie, I've no experience of Alexfonts program or the specific category of LBA modding, but do you know the concept of HQR-archives and do you have a program that can edit in the HQR archives?

Also, if you like to use the story coder tool, I can tell you that the LBA projects are far more than happy to have you on their team (I assume).

edit: oh I see alexfont already replied, well, his advice is probably superior.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2008-08-13, 18:19
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Send a message via MSN to Mippie
Thanks for the answers, I got it working.

For Joining some design team its a bit early, I'll have to familarize myself a bit more with all these Tools first, but I will certainly consider joining some time later.
Old 2008-08-13, 22:11
Magic Ball Master

I just checked out the latest architect beta version, and it looks fantastic (It worked flawlessly under Wine)! You should check it out Mippie, it'll definitely be the tool of tomorrow.

And it got me bloody curious too, alexfond and Zink, in what area are you now concentrating on improving the program?

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2008-08-13, 23:11
Magic Ball Master

Zink was concentrate making Scene mode under Builder till now with this beta versions. I think is idea now is to grab the major bugs in the program to release a stable version to public. On the other hand I think he is also working in a LBA script help file which wasn't complete in Story Coder manual. I don't know how the progress but I should help him out in this matter.

As for my work, I'm a bit away from tools now (only Zink's beta tester ), and I'm concentrate creating prequengine and also doing scenes for Prequel project.

Old 2008-08-14, 12:29
Magic Ball Master

Yes, good job. I really like how there is builder mode and scene mode!

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2008-08-15, 20:27
Fruto di tutti frutti

As Alexfont said, I am now working on fixing the major bugs and also on some manual for the Scenes. The manual is now at the stage of converting Alexfont's Track Script reference to a different format (easier to browse) and adding new info to it.
Old 2008-08-15, 20:54
You what?!

That's great! We'll be waiting.
Old 2008-08-15, 20:56
Magic Ball Master

It's been some time since I said I didn't have any idea how to code. A guide would definitely be helpful for learning it.
Old 2008-08-16, 12:08
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink View Post
As Alexfont said, I am now working on fixing the major bugs and also on some manual for the Scenes. The manual is now at the stage of converting Alexfont's Track Script reference to a different format (easier to browse) and adding new info to it.
That's great, just wondering, will anything be done to the somewhat slow rendering?

And from a technical point of view, is it the calculations that take time or is it the object responsible for rendering?

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2008-08-16, 13:12
Fruto di tutti frutti

Unfortunately, I can't do much about rendering speed. I tried to speed up Grid rendering several times before, but I failed and I don't have time to perform more advanced tries.

The thing that takes the most of time is Grid rendering. It's because thousands of Bricks must be drawn for each frame. Maybe if I used a DirectX thing I could make it faster, but I don't have time for that either. Object drawing is also time-consuming (you can see that in Grid Mode rendering is slightly faster), but not that much.
Old 2008-08-16, 13:20
Magic Ball Master

Yea, it's not much of a concern so far, it's 'quite' fast anyway.

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2008-09-27, 20:34
Pedobear

By "deprecated" in the topic name you mean deprecated source-code or.. ?

Original Russian LBA. Talk to me privately for more details.
Old 2008-09-27, 20:38
Magic Ball Master

No, he means the project is dead now. No need to continue since LBArchitect adopted it's features but with graphical support.

It was a cooperation project by the two developers, not that one owned the other.

(image by leoboe! )