Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-08-17, 21:15
Magic Ball Master

Thanks

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-08-21, 10:07
The Snipa Masta

Send a message via AIM to Sniper Master Send a message via MSN to Sniper Master
My prayers are answered.
Great time for my lba2 cd to be scratched up from overuse.
Old 2004-09-19, 20:37
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Exclamation LBA 1/2 LSC Editor new version...

LBA 1/2 .LSC File Editor version 1.16 beta
=================================

1. What's new?
-------------------------
- Opening scenes from HQR's (with decompression);
- An icon;
- A readme file (this file).

2. Description
----------------------
This is a program, that allows you to edit LBA 1/Relentless and LBA 2/TO (Twinsen's Odyssey scenes. Scenes are the items, which are stored in the game's SCENE.HQR file (in LBA2/TO, items, from the second; the first item is a control item).
This program currently only allows you to edit actors in the scenes (only the existing ones), but in the future, there will be the possibility to Add, Remove, and Edit actors, zones, and flags, and thus, it will be a complete scene editor. And then, with this program, and Zink's LBArchitect, you'll be able to edit almost everything in the game.

3. Credits
---------------
This program was created by O_Brasileiro, and it was released under GPL. Soon, this program will go under cooperation with George (kargeor), and will replace his LBAScene program. At that point, this program will be renamed to LBAScene. So, the thing is just to wait, until this program goes into cooperation.

4. Last-minute information
----------------------------------------
Not all the actors are shown, when you open the LBA 2 scenes. This is due to the LBA 2 scene format, which is slightly different than the LBA 1 one, and was still not completely deciphered. I asked yaz0r to document it, but he hasn't done anything, yet.

[I quoted the file EditorLSC.TXT].

The program is here:
http://thor.prohosting.com/lbatrio/EditorLSC.zip
The source code:
http://thor.prohosting.com/lbatrio/EditorLSC-source.zip
Both files are also attached here, so there should be no problem in getting the program itself or its source code.

I hope you'll like this new version.

Last edited by Battler; 2004-09-19 at 20:39. Reason: Forgot two attachments...
Old 2004-09-19, 22:43
Look beyond reality.

I didn't download it, but I just wanted to say, you are Allah for me
Old 2004-09-20, 09:42
Banned

Cool programs, OBras. Now, you just have to correct your behavior.
Old 2004-09-20, 16:08
Magic Ball Master

Nice one.

My version still in progress. I made some things but will probably disabled because some memory problems.

↕ [Merged Thread]

Ins't necessary have lots of thread with the same subject and talking just about new releases.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-09-22, 11:42
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- alexfont: Thanks for moving the thread. Good job.
Old 2004-11-01, 13:14
Welcome to Zirla!

Dear folks, I announce you, that the new version is finally out!!!!

Here you go:
http://80.55.102.190/~obrasilo/SManager.zip (the program)
http://80.55.102.190/~obrasilo/SManager-source.zip (the source).

The program is now called: LBA Scene Manager.
It has lots of new features: actor cloning/removing/move script editing, zone editing/adding/removing, track (= flag) editing/adding/removing. It also has new save and load procedures, which fix many bugs, and it now also loads all actors from the LBA 2/TO scenes (before, it only loaded some of them).

I'm looking forward to hearing from you all (BTW, alexfont, please update the Quick Start sticky thread, as the program has a new name).

Yours sincerely,
Joăo de Camőes (O_Brasileiro).
Old 2004-11-01, 13:45
Magic Ball Master

Good Improvement, Obras ... but this version continue with minor bugs.
  • The "New" Track and Zone doens't work. We get an RunTime Error.
  • The Actors X and Y coordinates are unsigned instead of signed.
  • Also a documentation for Move Script is needed.

Great work
Old 2004-11-01, 13:54
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont:
a) Which runtime error do you get?
b) How can it be unsigned, if Visual Basic doesn't have the Word type, only Integer.
c) I will make the documentation.
Old 2004-11-01, 13:57
Magic Ball Master

a) Run-Time Error '9': Subscript out of range.
b) Exactly what you have for Z coordinates.
c) ok.
Old 2004-11-01, 14:02
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont:
a) I'll fix it.
b) Explain yourself better, please. I quite don't understand, what you mean.
c). OK.

BTW, can we continue the discussion on my forums?

Last edited by Battler; 2004-11-01 at 14:03. Reason: Forgot a something...
Old 2004-11-01, 14:04
Magic Ball Master

You use an unsigned short int(16bits) for Z coordinates but not for X and Y (you use signed short int).

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Brasileiro
BTW, can we continue the discussion on my forums?
Why? If we start it here...
Old 2004-11-01, 14:08
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: Impossible, because they are both Integer, as Visual Basic doesn't have an unsigned 16-bit integer, only the singed one, called Integer, and I use the same for both. Maybe I know your problem: actually, both flag and zone coordinates are saved as X-Z-Y, and not X-Y-Z, so your program actually mixes up X and Y coordinates for both things. Just check the Z values (Y in your program), and you'll see, that they are always under 10240, while Y values in both games usually are in range between -32768 and 32767. So, I think this is your problem.
Old 2004-11-01, 14:26
Magic Ball Master

The problem is that you use 0 to 32767 for Z coordinates (the correct) and use -32768 to 32767 for X and Y coordinates in the actors settings.

... and you have exactly the same coordinates as I have (ins't mixed up)
Old 2004-11-01, 14:31
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: because Z is unsigned, whiled X and Y, I use -32768 to 32767, because, actually, I think they are 0-65535, but, as VB doesn't have a Word type, I use -32768 to 32767. Is it wrong? How they should be?
Old 2004-11-01, 14:33
Magic Ball Master

Exactly like you have for Z, 0 to 32767
Old 2004-11-01, 14:37
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: thanks. And, actually, which scene are you using, when the add comamnd with tracks and zones gives you the run-time error? And, can you tell me the zone count in that scene, and the track count?
Old 2004-11-01, 14:44
Magic Ball Master

First scene (Prison).

31 for zone and 43 for track. (Same as I have in my prog.)
Old 2004-11-01, 19:29
Welcome to Zirla!

Well... here's the updated version (2.00a):
http://80.55.102.190/~obrasilo/SManager.zip (the program)
http://80.55.102.190/~obrasilo/SManager-source.zip (the source).
The addresses are actually the game.
The new zone/track bug has been fixed, for the X and Y bug, actually, it's not a bug. If I change it to 0-32767, it will give an error on some zones/tracks.

Enjoy.
Old 2004-11-02, 14:03
Welcome to Zirla!

Exclamation The move script documentation...

Actually, yes, I made it. It's attached here in this post. I'm looking forward to hearing from you all.

Yours sincerely,
Joăo de Camőes (O_Brasileiro).
Old 2004-11-02, 19:32
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
cool, dont have time to read it but its great to see proggress
Old 2004-11-02, 19:41
Welcome to Zirla!

- Darkflame: thanks. I really appreciate your interest in my programs and documentations.
Old 2004-11-03, 03:10
Magic Ball Master

Good documentation.

Here's some tips what I remember:

[#] - The "GOTO" just change to a Label.
[#] - The "GOTO_POINT" just specify the track index (each Track contain X,Y and Z coordinates).
[#] - The "POS_POINT" set a new position for an actor according to the track index.
[#] - The "SYM" means Symbolic. So "GOTO_SYM_POINT" means something like "Go to a symbolic point". (Don't know if this use the track index too, but probably not)
[#] - The "FACE_TWINKEL" I think the actor will look at Twinsen (auto actor rotate).
[#] - The "BETA" ins't the BetaLight paramenter but it is the beta angle of the actor. Don't know the diferences between the "Angle" macro.

If I found something more, I'll post...
Old 2004-11-07, 15:52
Welcome to Zirla!

- Thanks, alexfont (HTML page saved).