Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-12-02, 20:40
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Announcement: LBA Scene Manager version 3.9.0 is out.
In addition to the version 3.8.0 new features, it has another new feature: Compression. It's my first program, which has the compression. It's actually LBA Compression, type 1, and it was possible, thanks to kargeor (George). The compression routines are storead as an overlay file, LBA_CMP.OVL, which is actually a program, which can only be run from within LBA Scene Manager (and any other program of mine, which will have the Compress() routine), because it uses files, which are generated by that routine, and it also needs the decompressed size of the data, that you want to compress (see the Spoiler below, in this post, for more information). You can also deactivate the compression, if you face problems with it, or you have a slow computer. Alexfont, please, read the above post, too.

Spoiler:
However, the decompressed data size is at offset 1671h in LBA_CMP.OVL, as a DWord (use Long, and offset &H1672 (offset + 1) in VB).

BTW: For the "above post", I mean, the last post in the previous page, if this post is displayed on a new page for you.

Last edited by Battler; 2004-12-02 at 20:45. Reason: Forgot a something...
Old 2004-12-06, 17:59
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
LBA Scene Manager version 4.0.0
============================

1. What's new?
-------------------------
- The tabs (= flat buttones) removed, now the program has an Outlook-style vertical menu;
- Corrected some minor bugs.

NOTE: I use yaz0r's terms for the scene structure elements, this is why they are sometimes different, from what can be seen in the LBA scene format documentation. Also, when cloning the actors, the new actors is always added after the last one.

2. Description
----------------------
This is a program, that allows you to edit LBA 1/Relentless and LBA 2/TO (Twinsen's Odyssey) scenes. Scenes are the items, which are stored in the game's SCENE.HQR file (in LBA2/TO, items, from the second; the first item is a control item).
This program currently only allows you to edit/clone/remove actors, zones, and tracks in the scenes (for actors, it only allows to clone the existing ones) and edit ambient/Twinsen data (including the move script), and it also only allows you to edit/clone/remove actors, add/remove tracks, zones, and LBA 2-specific unknown data, and edit ambient/Twinsen data in LBA 2/TO scenes, but in the future, there will be the possibility to Add even empty actors (now only cloning the existing ones is possible, except, when a the current actor count is 1 (Twinsen only)), modify their life scripts, which will be de-compiled, and compiled, edit the hero (Twinsen)'s life script, which will be de-compiled, and compiled, and move script in LBA 2/TO scenes, and edit everything in LBA 2/TO scenes, and thus, it will be a complete scene editor. And then, with this program, and Zink's LBArchitect (which already allows editing the LBA 2 rooms), you'll be able to edit almost everything in the game.

3. Credits
---------------
This program was created by OBrasilo, and it was released under GPL. Soon, this program will go under cooperation with George (kargeor; who has not replied to me for a lot of time, so this cooperation is getting quite questionable), and will replace his LBAScene program. At that point, this program will be renamed to LBAScene (it's also possible, that the name will remain the same). So, the thing is just to wait, until this program goes into cooperation. Also, the isometrical coordinate
display was possible, thanks to Alexandre Fontoura (alexfont), who kindly explained me, how to do it.

4. Last-minute information
----------------------------------------
Now, all the actors are shown, when you open the LBA 2 scenes. This is due to the LBA 2 scene format, which is slightly different than the LBA 1 one, and was now completely deciphered. Now, there's a new LBA 2 scene loading routine, which loads all data. This routine is the LBA 2-variety of alexfont's LBA 1 scene (actors) loading routine, which he kindly explained me, how it goes. Both routines have also been slightly modified, in order to allow structurized scene loading, which opened new horizonts for this program, such as actor move script editing, and zone, and track editing/adding/removing (even the saving procedures have been modified for this). Also, the zones have two coordinates, and in the LBA scene format specification itself, it was erraneously specified, that they are 3-D coordinates. Actually, they're just source and destination coordinates, and this program allows you to edit them. Also, I proudly announce, that I completely deciphered the LBA 2/TO scene format (thus I added the options to edit the tracks and the LBA 2-specific unknown data, of which each item consists of the index(?) and an address. I proudly announce, that now you can edit everyting also in LBA 2/TO scenes. In this version, I introduced the zones support.

The addresses to the program are the same:
http://80.55.102.190/~obrasilo/SManager.zip (the program),
and
http://80.55.102.190/~obrasilo/SManager-source.zip (the source).

Enjoy it.

Yours sincerely,
João de Camões (OBrasilo).
Old 2004-12-08, 13:34
Magic Ball Master

The program is getting better and better...

The few things I test I saw another minor bug in the Zones. You didn't load the data to the zone form in the first time you open the file.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-12-08, 19:17
Fruto di tutti frutti

Wow, it's really better now! Good work, OBrasilo.

Although I have some comments:
- Cloning actors could be easier if you just make the "Clone" button to clone current actor.
- Bug: If I try to remove last actor, the last but one is removed instead. And when there is no actors in the scene, the progam displays "Runtime error 9. Subcript out of range."
- "Type" combo box in "Zones" category should be wider, because I cannot see all the text.

That's all for now, I think
Old 2004-12-11, 13:32
Welcome to Zirla!

LBA Scene Manager version 4.1.0

1. What's new?
- XP-style menu - finally I managed to find a freeware ActiveX control for this little big thingy;
- Corrected terrible bug, where actor removing wasn't done correctly (thanks to Zink);
- The zone type combo box is now wider (thanks to Zink);
- Other bugs corrected (also thanks to alexfont).

NOTE: I use yaz0r's terms for the scene structure elements, this is why they are sometimes different, from what can be seen in the LBA scene format documentation. Also, when cloning the actors, the new actors is always added after the last one.

2. Description
----------------------
This is a program, that allows you to edit LBA 1/Relentless and LBA 2/TO (Twinsen's Odyssey) scenes. Scenes are the items, which are stored in the game's SCENE.HQR file (in LBA2/TO, items, from the second; the first item is a control item).
This program currently only allows you to edit/clone/remove actors, zones, and tracks in the scenes (for actors, it only allows to clone the existing ones) and edit ambient/Twinsen data (including the move script), and it also only allows you to edit/clone/remove actors, add/remove tracks, zones, and LBA 2-specific unknown data, and edit ambient/Twinsen data in LBA 2/TO scenes, but in the future, there will be the possibility to Add even empty actors (now only cloning the existing ones is possible, except, when a the current actor count is 1 (Twinsen only)), modify their life scripts, which will be de-compiled, and compiled, edit the hero (Twinsen)'s life script, which will be de-compiled, and compiled, and move script in LBA 2/TO scenes, and edit everything in LBA 2/TO scenes, and thus, it will be a complete scene editor. And then, with this program, and Zink's LBArchitect (which already allows editing the LBA 2 rooms), you'll be able to edit almost everything in the game.

3. Credits
---------------
This program was created by OBrasilo, and it was released under GPL. Soon, this program will go under cooperation with George (kargeor; who has not replied to me for a lot of time, so this cooperation is getting quite questionable), and will replace his LBAScene program. At that point, this program will be renamed to LBAScene (it's also possible, that the name will remain the same). So, the thing is just to wait, until this program goes into cooperation. Also, the isometrical coordinate
display was possible, thanks to Alexandre Fontoura (alexfont), who kindly explained me, how to do it.

Now, all the actors are shown, when you open the LBA 2 scenes. This is due to the LBA 2 scene format, which is slightly different than the LBA 1 one, and was now completely deciphered. Now, there's a new LBA 2 scene loading routine, which loads all data. This routine is the LBA 2-variety of alexfont's LBA 1 scene (actors) loading routine, which he kindly explained me, how it goes. Both routines have also been slightly modified, in order to allow structurized scene loading, which opened new horizonts for this program, such as actor move script editing, and zone, and track editing/adding/removing (even the saving procedures have been modified for this). Also, the zones have two coordinates, and in the LBA scene format specification itself, it was erraneously specified, that they are 3-D coordinates. Actually, they're just source and destination coordinates, and this program allows you to edit them. Also, I proudly announce, that I completely deciphered the LBA 2/TO scene format (thus I added the options to edit the tracks and the LBA 2-specific unknown data, of which each item consists of the index(?) and an address. I proudly announce, that now you can edit everyting also in LBA 2/TO scenes. In this version, I introduced the zones support.

and

Enjoy it.

Yours sincerely,

BTW: This is my 1500th post.

BTW: I'm using the wink smiley in these post, becuase it's present in the README.TXT file (which I copy almost the whole post from).
Old 2004-12-13, 19:47
Welcome to Zirla!

LBA Scene Manager version 4.2.0

1. What's new?
- Almost-XP-style toolbar, well... nicer appearance, and a more compliant background color;
- Corrected some bugs and problems with zone, track, and LBA 2-specific unknown data removal;
- The Load button in the main window is now flat;
- The about box now has links (text only, not running IE) to the homepage, the LBA Trio forums, and the Magic Ball Network Forums;
- Office 2003-style icons in the toolbar and in the menus;
- Other bugs corrected (also thanks to alexfont).

2. Description
----------------------

3. Credits
---------------

and

Enjoy it.

Here's a screenshot, to see this version:

Yours sincerely,
Old 2004-12-18, 21:15
View paradise and fall...

this program doesnt work for me;

runtime error 429:
activeX component cant create object

runtime error 440:
automation error

these are all that come up when i try to run it. help me, i need to test this out!

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-12-18, 22:30
Magic Ball Master

I think you need this file COMDLG32.OCX

Old 2004-12-18, 22:56
!!!!!

Download COMDLG32.OCX into your Windows\System32 directory.
Old 2004-12-19, 13:19
Will clones appear again?

If it still doesn't work, then try to run RegSvr32 on both SmartMenuXP.DLL and .OCX. I saw your problem, and asked OBrasilo, who's currently near me, so he told me, what to do to solve it.

The LBA Trio: N-SoftInd, lbaguy3d (yes, that's me), and O_Brasileiro.
Old 2004-12-19, 13:55

The problem is the MSCOMCTL.OCX file. Download it into you Windows System folder.

Old 2004-12-19, 13:57

Download this: http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe. This contains the needed files (link provided to me by OBrasilo).

Old 2004-12-19, 17:42
Magic Ball Master

lbaguy, the edit button is to be used...

Old 2004-12-19, 19:27
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Yeah, especially with Obras next to you ( ), he can tell you that you should use the edit button...
Old 2004-12-22, 22:46

none of this worked, i get the same error messages. i ran the installer lbaguy3d posted and reinstalled cmndlg32.ocx from the link provided by chaosfish. any ideas?

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-12-22, 22:54
Magic Ball Master

Sorry but I don't know how can I help you

Btw, just for curiosity, whitch OS do you have?

Old 2004-12-23, 04:15

windows xp home (at least i think its home ) i had a problem with one of obras' programs a while ago where i downloaded cmndlg32.ocx, it solved the whole thing. now even tho i ran both the installer and re-downloaded the cmndlg file i still get the same error messages. what could be going wrong? i cant download eariler versions of course because theyr replaced, so idont kno if this would be recent or not. i havnt been on the forums for tooo long obras comes off ban in 6 days, right? hopefully he will fix this. o wel

Old 2004-12-23, 09:10

Golemboy, you most both run the RegSvr32 on those .DLL's (this is, what causes those errors), and run the installer (the one provided by lbaguy3d; finishing the installation, of course). You must do both things. Then, it will work.

Last edited by lbaguy3d; 2004-12-23 at 09:12. Reason: / / /...
Old 2004-12-24, 15:55

ot it working at last! i had to copy the smartmenuxp files to another location because the stupid run command cant get at files where the path has a space in it. now the long long process of working out how to use all of this...
btw with the static actor flags, what are 'clipped' and 'dead' for?

Old 2004-12-24, 17:03
Magic Ball Master

The "Uses clipping" is used for sprite doors for example where the sprite is drawn cut.
The "Is Dead" is used by the game to know if that actor was already killed. It isn't so import for us to edit it.

Old 2004-12-24, 18:25

thanks. will there be anything published about movement scripts? i cant figure them out as it is, especially the labels

Old 2004-12-24, 18:45
Magic Ball Master

It work toguether with the life script that OBras doens't have yet in his program. The label is just a identification that the life script could use.

Old 2004-12-26, 01:31

for the life script all i get is a hex list, but it does come up. any idea when ur gonna realease ur next version of scene editor? i saw from that pic u posted somewhere that it also can edit life/move scripts although the version current does not

Old 2004-12-26, 22:29
Magic Ball Master

I really don't know when I'll release the next version :/. Today I work a bit in the life script and make the indent thing (isn't perfect yet :/). After that I'll improve the code because are a little slow and then I need to make the edit thing (for now we can just view). You can see the new look here: http://img93.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img93...eeditor9rb.jpg

About the Move script, I take a look today in the script and you can't understand well the move script without life script. See the example to understand well what LABEL is for:

This is the Actor Script for that first gate in the prison, when we need to get the key from the nurse.

Life Script:
Code:
COMPORTEMENT 0
  IF COL_OBJ 0 == 13
    IF NB_LITTLE_KEYS >= 1
      USE_ONE_LITTLE_KEY
      SET_TRACK 0
      END_LIFE
END_COMPORTEMENT
END
Move Script:
Code:
LABEL 0
SAMPLE 35
OPEN_DOWN 2000
LABEL 100
STOP
END
I don't understand yet all the things but, as you can see if you grab the key, the life script will tell go to the LABEL 0 (using SET_TRACK 0). So that way the game will play the sound index 35 (SAMPLE 35) and will open the gate (OPEN_DOWN 2000, the 2000 is probably the speed). That LABEL 100 isn't use and probably was forget there.
The USE_ONE_LITTLE_KEY will decrease the keys count and the END_LIFE is probably to end definitly the script for this actor.

Old 2004-12-26, 23:33

i see. i thought life script was health/armour etc. o well, ill just have to wait for the next version then