Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-12-27, 03:01
Magic Ball Master

Ok.

Life script is the way the actor act in the scene...

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-12-27, 21:03
View paradise and fall...

Ahhh, so life script is the conditions and move script the actions. makes sense now. so if col_obj 0 == 13 must be to do with twinsens position. by the way, when i open that scene (its the first one in the scenemanager list for lba1, its called citadel island, prision and nothing else seems to be a better match) acording to scenemanager there are 22 actors:
0 quetch salesman
1 rabbi light brown female orange dress
2 grobo green vest
3 groboclone yellow
4 rabbi ferryboat captain
it goes on. none of these seem to be in this actual scene as i remember. i am wondering whether my scene.hqr is flawed, or if i modded it at some point
EDIT:
my mistake, for some reason i replaced my LBA with a mod made by obras. whoops!

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...

Last edited by Golemboy; 2004-12-27 at 21:21.
Old 2004-12-27, 21:45
Magic Ball Master

Yeah, I was to reply because I try and the descriptions was the correct ones.

Old 2004-12-27, 22:14
Will clones appear again?

Golemboy, you certainly have the file from OBras' LBA mod. That has exactly those characters in the first scene.

The LBA Trio: N-SoftInd, lbaguy3d (yes, that's me), and O_Brasileiro.
Old 2004-12-27, 22:22

yes, i thought that sounds a bit like obras' mod, but i coudlnt find my disk to check, but then i could, and i did, hoorah!
EDIT:
ok heres something thats definitely odd. when you view an actors static flags for the first time, it shows the flags for that actor. the next time you display the flags, it will show the same set, no matter which actor you choose. on top of this there seems to be no cancel button, so you have to guess at what the origional setting were and change them back or the data will be skrewed up
EDIT:
yet again, i have yet more to say. mwahahaha.
OPEN_DOWN 2000 : 2000 is measurement. open_down 1000 opens the gate halfway. so OPEN_ must have set speed. see what i can be bothered to do when i have absolutly nothing to do!

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...

Last edited by Golemboy; 2004-12-28 at 01:10.
Old 2004-12-28, 00:03

Golemboy, it's becuase almost all of the actors have the same static flags. It's not strange. I suggest you try LBA 2 Otringal Space port outside scene to really test out the static flags.

Old 2004-12-28, 01:29

hmm, i must have been mistaken. ok, heres something. why are there 63 tiles in a scene's grid (according to LBAarchitechts builder) but the coordinates range from 0-32767. 32767/63=520.1', which doesnt make sense. any ideas?

Old 2004-12-28, 01:35

Golemboy, in LBArchitect, one tile is not exactly 1/512 of the original. The measuerement is different. LBArchitect uses coordinating "by sprite size", while both currently available scene editors (along with LBA 1 savegame editors) use "pixel" coordinating. This is why it seems senseless.

Old 2004-12-28, 23:33
There can be only one.

Nice progress, guys. I read the whole thread, and the only thing I can say is: it's amazing. It's cool. It's absolutely great.

Also I saw the Brazilian, author of this program thingie is banned. I would very much like to thank him for this program, after he get's unbanned. When does he?

Ik heb te zeggen iets: Er kunnen zijn slechts.
Ja, Ik spreek ook het Nederlands.
Old 2004-12-30, 16:59
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Golemboy: Zink uses the so-called "relative positioning", where the coordinates are calculated, on the base of the width, length, and height of the sprite tile, you want to put. Instead, I use the so-called "pixel positioning", where the coordinates are pixel coordinates.

- Chainsaw2000: I'm back now. Nice to meet you.
Old 2004-12-30, 19:15

what i mean is, there are 32767 pixel coordinates it is possible to be on, and 63 tile cordinates in one grid. therefore 63 tiles must be the same size as 32767 pixels. but that would make the length of one tile an irrational number, 520.1recuring

Old 2004-12-30, 19:57
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Golemboy: Tiles are not all the same length. One tile is not necessary 520.1 pixels. It can even be only 1 pixel.
Old 2004-12-31, 01:20

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. that would explain it. despite being extremely odd. btw obrasileiro do you know when you willl be able to implement life script editing? alexfont seems to have a reasonably well working one, but he says he wont be able to finish and release it for a while cos of university work. btw congrats on getting back of ban, i wasnt active at the time or i would have a little to say about it... o well

Old 2004-12-31, 13:18
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golemboy
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. that would explain it. despite being extremely odd. btw obrasileiro do you know when you willl be able to implement life script editing? alexfont seems to have a reasonably well working one, but he says he wont be able to finish and release it for a while cos of university work. btw congrats on getting back of ban, i wasnt active at the time or i would have a little to say about it... o well
Golemboy, the version I currently have just open and save to dumped scenes. I didn't make yet the convertion to binary files, so that way people can't try the life script since we don't have access yet to TwinEngine. I'll try to make a simply version with few settings (without zones and tracks) just for people try the actor scripts.

Old 2004-12-31, 18:22
Welcome to Zirla!

- Golemboy: I still don't know, how to decompile/compile the life script. Although I have the coding (by alexfont), I still quite don't get it. Alexfont knows C++, so he understands yaz0r's code, while I don't (I only know Basic and Pascal). But as alexfont deciphers it, he'll explain it to me (I hope). So, just wait.
Old 2004-12-31, 18:23
Welcome to Zirla!

LBA Scene Manager version 4.4.0
============================

1. What's new?
-------------------------
- Corrected bug of status bar next not showing;
- Got rid of the LBA_CMP.OVL file - now I use a real VB compression routine, thanks to Zink;
- Better way of changing the Entity, Body-Entity Instance, and Sprite Index - two new dialog boxes;
- The needed file REGSVR32.EXE is now included;
- No more 1 second pause at the beginning;
- Other bugs corrected.

NOTE: I use yaz0r's terms for the scene structure elements, this is why they are sometimes different, from what can be seen in the LBA scene format documentation. Also, when cloning the actors, the new actors is always added after the last one.

2. Description
----------------------
This is a program, that allows you to edit LBA 1/Relentless and LBA 2/TO (Twinsen's Odyssey) scenes. Scenes are the items, which are stored in the game's SCENE.HQR file (in LBA2/TO, items, from the second; the first item is a control item).
This program currently only allows you to edit/clone/remove actors, zones, and tracks in the scenes (for actors, it only allows to clone the existing ones) and edit ambient/Twinsen data (including the move script), and it also only allows you to edit/clone/remove actors, add/remove tracks, zones, and LBA 2-specific unknown data, and edit ambient/Twinsen data in LBA 2/TO scenes, but in the future, there will be the possibility to Add even empty actors (now only cloning the existing ones is possible, except, when a the current actor count is 1 (Twinsen only)), modify their life scripts, which will be de-compiled, and compiled, edit the hero (Twinsen)'s life script, which will be de-compiled, and compiled, and move script in LBA 2/TO scenes, and edit everything in LBA 2/TO scenes, and thus, it will be a complete scene editor. And then, with this program, and Zink's LBArchitect (which already allows editing the LBA 2 rooms), you'll be able to edit almost everything in the game.

3. Credits
---------------
This program was created by OBrasilo, and it was released under GPL. Soon, this program will go under cooperation with George (kargeor; who has not replied to me for a lot of time, so this cooperation is getting quite questionable), and will replace his LBAScene program. At that point, this program will be renamed to LBAScene (it's also possible, that the name will remain the same). So, the thing is just to wait, until this program goes into cooperation. Also, the isometrical coordinate
display was possible, thanks to Alexandre Fontoura (alexfont), who kindly explained me, how to do it.

4. Last-minute information
----------------------------------------
Now, all the actors are shown, when you open the LBA 2 scenes. This is due to the LBA 2 scene format, which is slightly different than the LBA 1 one, and was now completely deciphered. Now, there's a new LBA 2 scene loading routine, which loads all data. This routine is the LBA 2-variety of alexfont's LBA 1 scene (actors) loading routine, which he kindly explained me, how it goes. Both routines have also been slightly modified, in order to allow structurized scene loading, which opened new horizonts for this program, such as actor move script editing, and zone, and track editing/adding/removing (even the saving procedures have been modified for this). Also, the zones have two coordinates, and in the LBA scene format specification itself, it was erraneously specified, that they are 3-D coordinates. Actually, they're just source and destination coordinates, and this program allows you to edit them. Also, I proudly announce, that I completely deciphered the LBA 2/TO scene format (thus I added the options to edit the tracks and the LBA 2-specific unknown data, of which each item consists of the index(?) and an address. I proudly announce, that now you can edit everyting also in LBA 2/TO scenes. In this version, I introduced the zones support.

The addresses to the program are the same:
http://80.55.102.190/~obrasilo/SManager.zip (the program),
and
http://80.55.102.190/~obrasilo/SManager-source.zip (the source).

Enjoy it.

Yours sincerely,
João de Camões (OBrasilo).
Old 2005-01-01, 21:40

nice! in future will it be possible to have the animations done in the same way, so that it gives a message displaying each of the relevent animations and their numbers? other than that this is great!

Old 2005-01-01, 21:58
Welcome to Zirla!

- Golemboy: Yes, of course. As soon, as I complete the LBA 2 ANIM.HQR list, and figure out, which Anim-Entity Instance links to which ANIM.HQR entry.
Old 2005-01-01, 22:15
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
nice! in future will it be possible to have the animations done in the same way, so that it gives a message displaying each of the relevent animations and their numbers? other than that this is great!
Didn't get what you really want.
Do you want a specification of each body have the index animation "n" in the anim.hqr?

Old 2005-01-01, 22:19
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
Didn't get what you really want.
Do you want a specification of each body have the index animation "n" in the anim.hqr?
Actually, I changed the way of selecting entities and Body-Entity Instances in my program. Now, instead of the scrollbars, it displays a dialog box, which allows you to select the entity and instance for the current actor. The same I did also for the Sprite Index. Golemboy was actually asking, if I'll do the same thing for the Anim-Entity Instances in the future (also include their descriptions in my program). I will do it, as soon, as I complete the LBA 2 ANIM.HQR list, and figure out, which Anim-Entity Instance links to which ANIM.HQR entry.
Old 2005-01-01, 22:28
Magic Ball Master

ahh, ok. I didn't notice that your program had that feature. Its a good one but you aren't using the File3D, right?
Btw, did you make File3D format when you release your File3D Editor?

Old 2005-01-01, 22:34
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
ahh, ok. I didn't notice that your program had that feature. Its a good one but you aren't using the File3D, right?
Btw, did you make File3D format when you release your File3D Editor?
I'm not using the FILE3D.HQR file. I have everything pre-coded in the program.
And, I still haven't documented the File3D format, but I'm currently doing it. I currently only know about how the Body-Entity Instances are stored in it. I'm try to figure out the rest, however.
Old 2005-01-02, 17:37
Fruto di tutti frutti

Quote:
what i mean is, there are 32767 pixel coordinates it is possible to be on, and 63 tile cordinates in one grid. therefore 63 tiles must be the same size as 32767 pixels. but that would make the length of one tile an irrational number, 520.1recuring
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
- Golemboy: Tiles are not all the same length. One tile is not necessary 520.1 pixels. It can even be only 1 pixel.
Actually, both of you are wrong. There are 32768 pixel coordinates (including zero), and there are 64 tile coordinates in the grid (also including zero). So 32768/64 is exactly 512, thus there are 512 possible positions per cell (in one axis). And the cells are always the same length. Bricks that are put inside them can have different sizes, but they are always put at the constant positions.
Old 2005-01-02, 21:25

woops. that explains it. i knew it couldnt be a recouring decimal...

Old 2005-01-06, 15:06
Welcome to Zirla!

OK. Here's what to do, if the program doesn't work for you:

1. Download and install this: http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe.

2. Try to run LBA Scene Manager. It should work.

3. If it still doesn't work, then run the RegSvr32 utility (from your Windows System directory) on the SmartMenuXP.DLL file, included with the program. Do not use the RegSvr32, supplied with the program, because the program automatically runs it, and if it doesn't work after it, then it simply doesn't work, and you MUST run the one from your Windows System directory.

4. Run LBA Scene Manager. It should work.

NOTE: If you have Windows NT, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Longhorn, etc., and not Windows 9x, then look into your Windows System32 folder, and not System.

NOTE: Directory = folder.

NOTE: The file SmartMenuXP.DLL (and not StartMenuXP.DLL) is in the LBA Scene Manager folder, not under your System or System32 folder.

I hope this instructions will help you to run my program.

Last edited by Battler; 2005-01-06 at 15:29. Reason: Added some information...