Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

View Poll Results: Who wants to design his/her own island?
Me 84 89.36%
Not me 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-12-21, 17:42
Fruto di tutti frutti

That's weird. The El's palette is the one that seems to be used in the game (first entry of ress.hqr). And there's no similar palette. Maybe the game changes it after loading, but what for?

I will check the "real" palette later.
Old 2004-12-30, 15:18
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Zink: Actually El modified the palette, because it didn't have the absolute white and absolute black color entry. But the original is the one of the screenshots.
Old 2004-12-31, 19:20
Fruto di tutti frutti

What are you talking about? El didn't modify the palette. It has absolute black and white colours anyway. I extracted the palette from the original ress.hqr file - this is the one I put in my program - and it is different than the one from screenshots. Look at the attachment. Top one is the palette extracted from ress.hqr, and the bottom one is taken from a screenshot. The only thing now is to determine if the real palette is the same in all rooms in the game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paleta_por.gif‎
Views:	278
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	4314  
Old 2004-12-31, 20:15
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Zink: You must use the screenshot palette. This is the ingame palette. There are 3 palettes in RESS.HQR: entries 1, 10, 11. I think you should try to extract entry 10 or 11.

Last edited by Battler; 2004-12-31 at 20:17. Reason: OK, I saw...
Old 2004-12-31, 20:40
Magic Ball Master

10 is totaly empty and 11 is quite diferent...

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-12-31, 20:41
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: Thanks for this information.
- Zink: OK. So use the screenshot palette then.
Old 2005-02-07, 21:23
Fruto di tutti frutti

Little Big Architect version 0.05 is released!

Major changes:
  • New mode: "Invisible Bricks Mode", that allows you to focus on invisible bricks and walls only.
  • You can now pan image in all modes using middle mouse button
  • Mouse wheel support
  • Added Undo and Redo commands. I set 20 undo buffers, tell me if it's too few for you.
  • Flipped Y and Z axes in coordinates displaying - for better scene coordinates matching and for avoiding mixups. Thus Z axis is now vertical and Y is East-North.
  • Added scene coordinates displaying - working in Selector mode. You can now see what scene coordinates the point at mouse cursor will have.
  • New splash screen - thanks to Alexfont who I have stolen the idea from - please don't blame me for that
  • You can now delete all contents of specified layer.
  • Added Advanced panel, that allows you to expand current layout to specified numbers of bricks in all axes, and place such expanded layout wherever you want. This feature is accessible in Placer mode only.
Palettes are not changed yet (it needs making some tests).

Downolad link: http://80.55.102.190/~zink/lba/d.php?n=LBArchitect.zip [841kB]

This version has also feature in testing phase: Scene Mode, which allows other programs to make it displaying flags, zones and actors. Only flag adding is made now. You can find specification of this feature in text file supplied with the program. I also made simple program for testing this feature: you can download it together with the source code from this location:

http://80.55.102.190/~zink/other/SceneTest.zip [206kB]

I hope you will enjoy it
Old 2005-02-07, 21:52
Look beyond reality.

I didn't try it yet, but you're creating really good stuff here
Old 2005-02-07, 22:11
!!!!!

Zink, this is amazing. I said it before and I'll say it again: I've been waiting 10 years for this program, and now you actually made it. THANKS!

I love the new improvements, especially the middle mouse button dragging feature.

You know, my little brother (6.5 years old) keeps asking me "Can I edit Twinsen now?" (he calls LBA "Twinsen"). I taught him how to use it a little and he got addicted
Old 2005-02-07, 23:12
Magic Ball Master

Zink, excelent work there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
- Flipped Y and Z axes in coordinates displaying - for better scene coordinates matching and for avoiding mixups. Thus Z axis is now vertical and Y is East-North.
I think you shouldn't change that.
LBA and TwinEngine work that way with Y as height and this could make more confusion. Just OBras continue using the Z instead Y. I already change that in the released version.

Quote:
New splash screen - thanks to Alexfont who I have stolen the idea from - please don't blame me for that
Ofcourse not. I already stole lots of your ideias and didn't say nothing

Quote:
Added scene coordinates displaying - working in Selector mode. You can now see what scene coordinates the point at mouse cursor will have.
Would be good to have fixed coordinates. I mean not only get the mouse position in the room but the mouse position related with the brick. I hope you understand:
Place: [55, 63, 1] and it will display Scene: [55*512, 63*512, 1*256].

Quote:
This version has also feature in testing phase: Scene Mode, which allows other programs to make it displaying flags, zones and actors. Only flag adding is made now. You can find specification of this feature in text file supplied with the program. I also made simple program for testing this feature: you can download it together with the source code from this location:
In the specification you said that the program need to be running with special parameters and that the parameter y(room index) should start with 1, but the first scene the program open is the second one, instead the first. I try starting with 0 but you protect it.

The Flag thing is working great. Btw, I think you should change to Track(Flag) for a better understanding and its what we current use in the script.
Btw, its easy to put and image instead the X mark? Just to try put the flag image instead the X mark.

Just some ideias for the Zones:
TypeID -> Zones Type - Color
. 0 -> Cube Zones - Green
. 1 -> Camera Zones - Pink
. 2 -> Sceneric Zones - Blue
. 3 -> Grid Zones - Violet
. 4 -> Object Zones - Dark Yellow
. 5 -> Text Zones - Orange
. 6 -> Ladder Zones - Red
Well but with this you need to create a new var to specify the zone type_id.

And the last thing for now, could you repaint the room image when we use the Sent command?

Old 2005-02-08, 14:29
Fruto di tutti frutti

Little Big Architect v 0.05+ (quick fix release)

- Axes are back as they were before: Y is vertical and Z is East-North.
- Fixed problem with Scene Mode (room numbers)

ChaosFish => my sister also called it "Twinsen" earlier, but she doesn't like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
LBA and TwinEngine work that way with Y as height and this could make more confusion. Just OBras continue using the Z instead Y. I already change that in the released version.
Ok, fixed.

Quote:
Would be good to have fixed coordinates. I mean not only get the mouse position in the room but the mouse position related with the brick. I hope you understand:
Place: [55, 63, 1] and it will display Scene: [55*512, 63*512, 1*256].
I don't see any purpose of that. Coordinates given in this way would point to top brick corners. I think the current way is more usable because you get exact coordinates. What do you need that for?

Quote:
In the specification you said that the program need to be running with special parameters and that the parameter y(room index) should start with 1, but the first scene the program open is the second one, instead the first. I try starting with 0 but you protect it.
Fixed. Now if you give "1", the program will open first room.

Quote:
The Flag thing is working great. Btw, I think you should change to Track(Flag) for a better understanding and its what we current use in the script.
Btw, its easy to put and image instead the X mark? Just to try put the flag image instead the X mark.
Ok, I will change it to Track (flag). Yes, I am going to do that, I put X just for testing how it works.

Quote:
Just some ideias for the Zones: (...)
Well but with this you need to create a new var to specify the zone type_id.
I didn't know there are different zone types. Ok, I will do it.

Quote:
And the last thing for now, could you repaint the room image when we use the Sent command?
Currently I repaint the part of the image that contains the flag (including caption), so it should work...
Old 2005-02-08, 14:41
Magic Ball Master

Thanks for the fixes

Quote:
I don't see any purpose of that. Coordinates given in this way would point to top brick corners. I think the current way is more usable because you get exact coordinates. What do you need that for?
The ones you have are usefull for actors positions but the other way are usefull for zones coordinates where we need exactly the brick corners positions.

Quote:
Currently I repaint the part of the image that contains the flag (including caption), so it should work...
Yes, but just when I "pass" a new window above or move the image I can see the old Track disappear.

Old 2005-02-08, 19:22
Fruto di tutti frutti

Quote:
The ones you have are usefull for actors positions but the other way are usefull for zones coordinates where we need exactly the brick corners positions.
Ok, so maybe it will be better to display both ones?

Quote:
Yes, but just when I "pass" a new window above or move the image I can see the old Track disappear.
That's not a bug. The program stores the flags in max 256-element array, and you must give the ID within the command. If you send new coordinates with the same ID, the flag with this ID will appear at the new coordinates. Ayway, it has another bug: that the old flag stays visible until you move the image.
Old 2005-02-08, 20:12
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Ok, so maybe it will be better to display both ones?
Yeah, both.

Quote:
that the old flag stays visible until you move the image.
This was what I'm trying to say

Edit:
Can you do that thing to check if one Builder program is already running? Just to not have lots of Builder windows when we change the scenes.

Last edited by xesf; 2005-02-08 at 22:24.
Old 2005-02-09, 10:48
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
I think you shouldn't change that.
I keep using it, because (as I said it to alex before), it would be "code hell", because I have variables, etc. names as that.

However, nice work, Zink. So finally we can make the invisible walls. Well... good job.
Old 2005-02-10, 15:49
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
Ok, fixed.
Hmmm... the limits are still wrong. The maximum value is 25 for both Y and Z, while it should be 64 for Z (I'm referring to the advanced panel).

Explanation:
When I increase the X, it increases up to 64 (correct), when I increase the Y, it increases up to 25 (correct), and when I increase the Z, it increases up to 25, too (which is not correct, correct is 64).

Can you fix it, please?
Old 2005-02-10, 19:35
Fruto di tutti frutti

AlexFont => OK (about all things)

OBrasilo =>
About flipping axes: You can do it easier by changing visual things only (flip X and Z edit boxes, labels at images, etc).
About the bug: OK, thanks.
Old 2005-02-10, 20:06
Welcome to Zirla!

Quote:
OBrasilo =>
About flipping axes: You can do it easier by changing visual things only (flip X and Z edit boxes, labels at images, etc).
OK, I'll think about it. Probably, I'll make an option in my program, to specify, if you want coordinates to be X-Z-Y (where Z = height/layer), or X-Y-Z (where Y = height/layer).

BTW, Zink, can you explain me, how to convert isometric coordinates (without the height) into linear ones? So I can make then a scene preview window with the grid displayed, with all actors, zones, tracks, etc.

Last edited by Battler; 2005-02-10 at 20:08. Reason: Forgot a something...
Old 2005-02-10, 20:22
Still in a dream...

We could start by making a random lot of Islands and such, piece them together and see how that works. Will it be practical?
Old 2005-02-10, 21:27
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
We could start by making a random lot of Islands and such, piece them together and see how that works. Will it be practical?
Isn't easy do an entire island. But made with which purpose?

Zink: can you make an option for this MemoryMap that we can close your Builder program with other application? or we have a better way to do it with C++Builder/Delphi?

Old 2005-02-10, 23:03
Still in a dream...

Dunno, what do you suggest? Some sort of "extra" scene to LBA?
Old 2005-02-10, 23:26
Magic Ball Master

"Extra" rooms seems nice, but its necessary new scenes for it too, and change the current ones to adapted the new ones.

Old 2005-02-11, 00:02
Still in a dream...

Cool. Well, if you get any ideas let me know (IRC or whatever), I'll put some work in.
Old 2005-02-11, 15:45
!!!!!

Zink:

Request: Do you plan to do a simple save option, for saving directly into the opened archive, and into the same entry? I think that can be useful

And another thing:
I saved a modified scene of LBA1 (polar island second scene), and whenever I open it with LbaWin the game crashes.

Here it is:
Attached Files
File Type: zip polarislandsecondscene.zip‎ (5.5 KB, 248 views)
Old 2005-02-11, 16:40
Magic Ball Master

Your room its fine (I test it and it work), you probably have the wrong layout.

Tags
lbarchitect