Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-01-26, 23:45
Magic Ball Master

Ok, good. Hope you like it

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-01-27, 16:54
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
Do you think it will be possible to also have the ability to hear the sound that comes with the fla (and extact it to a wav or such)?
Actually, the sound is not stored in the .FLA file, but separately, in FLASAMP.HQR.
Old 2005-01-27, 17:36
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
Actually, the sound is not stored in the .FLA file, but separately, in FLASAMP.HQR.
Yeah, he knows that, its just a form to say...

Anyway, the FLA have inside samples parameters (each FLA have one or more samples in the hqr), but will be difficult to play it in the way I did the things.

Old 2005-02-02, 18:46
Magic Ball Master

New version release with just few changes...

Changes:

[#] v1.4a (release 10) (02.02.2005):

- [Added] Few details for FLA movies.

- [Fixed] Incorrectly changed of the opened file path while exporting images.
- [Fixed] Frame Track position for FLA movies.

Program: LBAScreenViewer.rar [485 Kb]
Source: LBAScreenViewer_src.rar [450 Kb]

Old 2005-02-02, 19:02
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Hey Alexfont,
I just looked at the program for the first time, and I must say I really really like it!
Very nice work
Old 2005-02-02, 19:07
Magic Ball Master

Thanks morshem, and I hope all people active in the forum try the program...

Old 2005-02-26, 13:58
!!!!!

Alex: Since this is the only program that can be used to view FLA movies, would it be possible to view them with sound?
Or even convert them to an AVI?

Also found a bug:
If you manually enter a number (typing a number with thekeyboard) to "Index:" with "Auto draw" on, there is an error message.
Old 2005-02-26, 16:20
Magic Ball Master

Its possible view with the sound the problem is that I don't know yet how to put it. For avi convert, I have here a library to do that but I didn't try yet.

About the bug, this is normal because in the instante you replace the number the edit is empty and he can't open an image, but I thought about one thing now and will see if can solve this.

Old 2005-04-30, 11:12
Magic Ball Mister

What's the progress it realy good!
Old 2005-08-29, 10:57
Gregorius

Hello guys!

It's been a while I haven't been here, a year or so. God, what was I thinking?
Anyways, I was just review-ing my LBA1 hungarian translation and corrected all things in it, hopefully no mistake left in by now and I was thinking bringin it to the next level by translating accordingly the sprites in the game. This tool seems to be the answer, great job Alex, it's a really fine piece of work. Although I would have questions.

Is it possible to import the images back in the HQR and how?

I just imported the appropriate hqr, selected the sprite I needed and saved it in bmp format. Then I redrew it in Paint, imported into the screen viewer and saved it as lbi. Then I used HQR manager to replace the entry according to the index number displayed in Screen Viewer +1 since it starts from index 0 while in HQR from entry 1. LBAWin just got crashed loading the game level.
Anybody willing to help?

Gregorius' Corner (http://www.gregoriuscorner.com)
Old 2005-08-29, 14:14
Magic Ball Master

Hey Gergely, welcome back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergely
Is it possible to import the images back in the HQR and how?
No, the program that insert files in the HQResource is LBA Package Editor (see sticky thread in this forum).

Don't know why you save it in *.lbi, probably because you thought it was the LBA Image extension (*.lim), no?
LBA Screen Viewer don't export yet in Sprite/Brick file formats (*.lsp, *.brk), sorry. Its the next feature I need to do for this program. Zink already made a procedure to make that in his LBArchitec programs and I'll use his procedure to adapt to my program. Anyway you can't save in his program sprites, only bricks you can do.

I hope soon made this feature since we'll need it for our new project LBA Prequel.

Old 2005-08-29, 14:31
!!!!!

LBA Image Viewer can convert regular images (like PNG or BMP) to LBA image format (LIM). Download LBADeCOMP (from the Quick Start thread in Modifications forum), and use the LBA Viewer tool to do that.
Old 2005-08-29, 17:03
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
LBA Image Viewer can convert regular images (like PNG or BMP) to LBA image format (LIM). Download LBADeCOMP (from the Quick Start thread in Modifications forum), and use the LBA Viewer tool to do that.
LBA Screen Viewer only can do it with 256 colors images (*.jpg, *.bmp, *.pcx, *.gif, *.png).

Old 2005-08-29, 17:41
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
BA Screen Viewer only can do it with 256 colors images (*.jpg, *.bmp, *.pcx, *.gif, *.png).
Actually, the JPEG format does not support images, which are less than true color (24-/32-bit colors = 16777216 colors), so there could be no 256-color JPEG image - the only way to change a non-true-color image to JPEG is by converting it to true color first, and then save it as JPEG.
Old 2005-08-29, 18:02
Gregorius

Thanx for the replies guys! Actually so many of them I beginning to get confused.
Yes, I was not clear since I had no idea what I was doing, so I am so far only trying to redraw bricks if I understand correctly, from the ..._brk.hqr file, the ones that show eg the Dr.FunFrock text on the bottom of the statues by the same name.
I have LBADeComp, HQR Manager, FontEditor, TextEditor of both kinds, latest plug-ins for LBADeComp, LBAWin and now this viewer.

Gregorius' Corner (http://www.gregoriuscorner.com)

Last edited by xesf; 2005-09-17 at 14:10.
Old 2005-09-17, 14:25
Magic Ball Master

Split offtopic discuss to a new thread.

Old 2005-09-21, 04:44
Happy!

Send a message via MSN to Bender
ohh awsome, i was gone a week cause of computer problems, and when i return i see this!!!.
This is bloody amazing man, uve done a great job here.
keep up the great work
Old 2005-09-21, 21:28
Magic Ball Master

Really thanks Bender

Oh... I can't forget I need to do the save routine for Sprites.

Old 2006-12-22, 03:56
Magic Ball Master

LBA Screen Viewer v1.5 released!

Changes:
[#] v1.5 (22.12.2006):

- [Added] New menus on Help section.

- [Fixed] Open Palettes for *.lim files.
- [Fixed] Image display in full screen Mode.
- [Fixed] File open permissions when reading files with permission to only be readed.
- [Fixed] Invalid path when trying to open FLA movies after HQR files. (bug report #0000019)

Last edited by xesf; 2006-12-22 at 04:02.
Old 2006-12-22, 03:59
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: Yay! I'm going to download it tomorrow, after I come home from the University.
Old 2007-08-08, 01:06
Magic Ball Master

Does anyone have a request to make, a bug to report or something else for the next Screen Viewer release?

Old 2007-08-08, 01:33
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
In case you want, you can make the SPRIRAW transparency's correctly, afaik, 0's are transparent, but that is not for bricks, so afaik Your program show bricks correctly but LBArchitect doesn't (but that doesn't matter).

However my Image Creator at my hard drive (and Obras+leoboe's XD) show SPRIRAW correctly (if transparency are showed as easily as I assumed) , so it's not really necessary, and also I think we should focus on LBA1 modding atm.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-08-08, 18:54
Magic Ball Master

OK, Spriraw transparency fixed. Thanks for let me know. And you're right, we need to focus right now on LBA1 modding.

LBA Screen Viewer v1.6 released!

Changes:

[#] v1.6 (08.08.2007):
- [Added] Feature to convert BMP's to FLA movie. This feature was only possible because all the hard work MGLC (Spatarel Dan Constantin) did to help the Prequel project.
- [Added] New feature to convert the opened image into LBA1 palette.
- [Added] New feature to convert the opened image into LBA2 palette.
- [Added] New feature to convert the opened image into any LBA1/2 palette you deserve.

- [Fixed] An old bug by reading single bricks and sprites files. (reported by LBAWinOwns)
- [Fixed] A little troubleshoot by reading the LBA1 FLA movies.
- [Fixed] Transparency in spriteraw LBA2 images. (reported by LBAWinOwns)

Old 2007-08-08, 22:09
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: That's absolutely great! I can't wait to get back home to try it.

BTW, you need to uptade your signature - it still thinks that the last LBA Screen Viewer version is version 1.5.
Old 2007-08-08, 22:27
Magic Ball Master

So basically, with FLAs, we can now edit everything in LBA1? Or are there still things we didn't touch?