Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-02-28, 14:17
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Because iys faster to check with the program?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-03-04, 17:01
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
As I came far in Citadel Island quotes, the most challenging is the children's song. But I gave it a shot and want some feedback... By some swedes of course.

" Hon reste oss ur stoft och salt
vi är dom som hon har valt
Sendell värmer upp våra hjärt'
Som en härlig, harmonisk snärt
Sendell är både söt och snäll
Funfrock åkte på hjältens smäll."
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-03-05, 12:18
Tomorrow burns!

Today, I'm done with the translation of the Citadel Island quotes. I'm gonna first fix that Å bug. Things aren't what they're supposed to be. I'm using that nordic font file, of course. And I've even inserted it to LBA file. However, although Å is in same position [143], they respond in position code [197] actually.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend

Last edited by Illumina; 2005-03-05 at 12:33.
Old 2005-03-05, 12:56
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Illumina: Just a hint - where you need to put an Å, don't press the key on the keyboard, but press Left Alt+0134 (on NumPad). This will send the code 143 to the program.
Old 2005-03-05, 13:57
Tomorrow burns!

Anyway, I guess that Å letter does respond when put on 197 code. It could be different in my computer, but I don't know if it happens the same to the other computers.
Old 2005-03-06, 20:56
Tomorrow burns!

Another thing: In LBA 2 options menu with the key settings, the texts are using other fonts that is not nordic. Do you know what to do about it?

Thank you for your assistance.
Old 2005-03-06, 21:14
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Illumina: That font is a normal 8x8 MS-DOS font. It't stored in the executable files. But that font already has Å and å (it's MS-DOS CP 437), so you don't have to worry about that.
Old 2005-03-07, 00:27
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
" Sendell bor i planeten här
hon har ögat här och där
sendell fascinerar oss fortfarande
våra ögon ploppar ut av hennes avklarande
Sendell är både söt och snäll
Funfrock åkte på hjältens smäll."

ifall du gillar den här kan du ta den istället.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-04-29, 15:10
Tomorrow burns!

Sorry that I didn't comment your suggestion for a long while, LBAWinOwns, but I think yours can't be better like that, I suppose.
Anyway, I got another thing to consult about: Do you think it's all right if I edit the names on the islands, some races some places etc? My example: Bald Mountain = Skallekaise.
Old 2005-04-29, 15:47
Welcome to Zirla!

- Illumina: Yes, edit everything. Besides, the names are different for each language (try to play Portuguese for example).
Old 2005-04-29, 16:06
Tomorrow burns!

Thanks, OBrasilo. Any more suggestions?
Old 2005-04-29, 16:16
Welcome to Zirla!

- Illumina:
1. I hope you're using my (well, developed by N-SoftInd) text editor, as with the other one, you will have problems with Swedish.
2. Did you translate the credits yet (also list my name there ).
3. Translate the names of all the species, etc. Also translate the name Jerome Baldino to a more Swedish variant of the name (the name IS translated in all the languages - it will be Hieronim Baldino in the Slovenian one).
Old 2005-05-02, 19:34
Tomorrow burns!

<===Procedure news!!===>

Desert Island quote translation is finished. Emerald Moon will be finished shortly. Then it's just Zeelich left. Bigger than Twinsun's, but this is going to be challenging!

Edit: Emerald Moon was already finished. Wish me good luck!

Last edited by Illumina; 2005-05-02 at 20:39.
Old 2005-05-02, 21:32
Welcome to Zirla!

- Illumina: You're great! Good luck with Zeelich!
Old 2005-05-02, 23:52
!!!!!

Nice going!
Old 2005-05-03, 00:52
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
Swedish variant of the name (the name IS translated in all the languages - it will be Hieronim Baldino in the Slovenian one).
Id go with:
John Baldino
Jerry Baldino
Hjalmar Baldino

Another thing, Illumina, Id be happy to check through the translation for anything that doesnt make sence, you konw, you tend to write such things.

Last edited by Aule; 2005-05-03 at 01:00.
Old 2005-05-03, 08:39
Tomorrow burns!

Aule: When I'm done with some last minor changes, I'll let you check them.
Old 2005-05-03, 10:48
Registered Hunk

Hah, Hjalmar is great Why don't you make the child to say she wrote the song in english class and not translate it? I know I can't do better but I really didn't like the shortification of hjärtan... Totally lacks the plural feel to it..

And the only words that rhyme in the original is well and swell, so i think it'd be more accurate to make the translation as dorky and stupid.

Sendell bygger sitt stora bo
i planetens mörka hjärta
Sendell trollar som en gud
men hon rör aldrig din morsas hud
sendell är så jävla het
funfrock är en äcklig get

I'm great amn't I?

can you say amn't?

edit: no, it's arn't, because it's a negation.. whatever negation's called in your language

Last edited by Vral; 2005-05-03 at 10:49. Reason: i'm stupid
Old 2005-05-03, 14:18
Tomorrow burns!

That's a funny suggestion, Vral. But I don't want to show how lazy I am. Besides, the short form of Hjärtan is compared with other swedish poems and songs. That's why I accept this "shortification". Ain't I right?
Old 2005-05-03, 16:21
Welcome to Zirla!

- Illumina: I don't know for Swedish, but this is, how me an a friend of mine translated this song into Slovenian:
Quote:
Ja**, Sendell ima genzdišče
v planeta središču.
Sendell čara nam lepo,
skoraj ti zvrti glavo.
Sendell nam najlepša je,
FunFrock le zverina je.
For who doesn't understand my translation:
Quote:
Yes, Sendell has her nest
in the planet's center.
Sendell does magic to us beautifully*
it almost makes your head turn.
Sendell, for us, is the pretties,
FunFrock is just a beast.
* English doesn't have a proper verb for that, like in Slovenian, there's "čarati" - Slovenian is one of the rare languages, which has the verb. BTW, it's pronounced [CHUH-ruh-tee] (just pronounce it in English and you' ll understand).

** "Ja" is an informal version of the Slovenian word "Da", which means "Yes". This informal version is a long-term product of the fact, that the Slovenians have been under the German/Austrian domain for centuries (so this word is taken from German, when "Yes" is litterally "Ja").

Last edited by Battler; 2005-05-03 at 16:30.
Old 2005-05-03, 19:51
Tomorrow burns!

That's good of you, OBrasilo. And by the way, I WILL add you to my credits.
Old 2005-05-03, 20:27
Welcome to Zirla!

- Illumina: Thanks. Hehe, I'm impatiently waiting for you to finish the translation...
Old 2005-06-09, 01:53
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
so, illumina, any news on the translation?
Old 2005-06-09, 11:47
Tomorrow burns!

I beg your pardon, but I was slowed down by my laziness. I almost finished Twinsen's quotes in Otringal. But believe me the project's not down, just slowed down.

And one thing, Aule: When you're gonna check things I've translated, don't blame me if I changed some names and made quotes a little different.
Old 2005-06-09, 11:48
Welcome to Zirla!

- Illumina: So, good luck again.