Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2005-02-03, 00:49
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Terrorists captured Special Ops Cody!

It's not just the US that's using questionable tactics, the Iraqi terrorist groups seem rather keen of making an ass out of themselves as well:

first: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050201/D87VU1582.html
second: http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/me...age/index.html

Quote:
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Iraqi militants claimed in a Web statement Tuesday to have taken an American soldier hostage and threatened to behead him in 72 hours unless the Americans release Iraqi prisoners. The U.S. military said it was investigating, but the claim's authenticity could not be immediately confirmed.

The posting, on a Web site that frequently carried militants' statements, included a photo of what that statement said was an American soldier, wearing desert fatigues and seated on a concrete floor with his hands tied behind his back. The figure in the photo appeared stiff and expressionless, and the photo's authenticity could not be confirmed.

A gun barrel was pointed at his head, and behind him on the wall is a black banner emblazoned with the Islamic profession of faith, "There is no god but God and Muhammad is His prophet."

A U.S. military spokesman in Baghdad, Marine Sgt. Salju K. Thomas, said he had no information on the claim but "we are currently looking into it."

A statement posted with the picture suggested the group was holding other soldiers.

"Our mujahadeen heroes of Iraq's Jihadi Battalion were able to capture American military man John Adam after killing a number of his comrades and capturing the rest," said the statement, signed by the "Mujahedeen Brigades."

"God willing, we will behead him if our female and male prisoners are not released from U.S. prisons within the maximum period of 72 hours from the time this statement has been released," the statement said.

The posting did not show any ID card for the alleged captive and no organization's name was written on the black banner, as have appeared in some past claims of kidnappings. The man's uniform had no U.S. insignia or names visible.

The Mujahedeen Brigades have claimed responsibility for two kidnappings in the past - the abduction in April of three Japanese who were released and that of a Brazilian engineer who went missing after an ambush that the Brigades claimed to have carried out along with the Ansar al-Sunnah Army.

Old 2005-02-03, 01:42
Do the evolution.

I know that the're trying to destroy American simbols, but to behead a "Gi-Joe"?
What will they think of next ? Debreast Barbie ? Or De**** Ken?
Old 2005-02-03, 01:43
Magic Ball Master

Now we know that we can expect all from they

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-02-03, 01:55
Refrão* (ligar overdrive)

very interesting tresi, lmao

weid thing i found is that each link (the CNN and MyWay) give different translations for the text in the black banner, CNN says:

Quote:
The photograph showed the figure against a black flag with white lettering reading, "God is great, there is no god but Allah."
and MyWay says:
Quote:
on the wall is a black banner emblazoned with the Islamic profession of faith, "There is no god but God and Muhammad is His prophet."

---
Jasiek: debreasting barbie? Ooooooohhhh boy
Old 2005-02-03, 05:25
The return of

This is rediculously funny, but think for a second or two. There were only 4000 of the whole set produced, whats the chance it gets into the hand of an iraqi? There was a hoax before where a guy made a video where he pretended to get beheaded, the media fell for it (this was in august) but then he later admitted to show "how easily they can be faked" as he put it, and also then the media claimed that it was posted on an islamist site, as bbc so keenly mentioned. Its far more likly its a hoax by somebody wanting to have a bit of fun!
Old 2005-02-03, 08:31
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
Those bastards!
Old 2005-02-03, 11:26
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
ROFL muahaha
Old 2005-02-03, 19:11
Still in a dream...

Haha, I remember cracknig up on the way to school yesterday when that was in the papers. Those fucking idiots XD
Old 2005-02-03, 19:49
Registered Schnitzel

SGK -> MyWay has the right translation. The saying written on the flag is a famous Islamic quote, called the "shahada" (testimony).

by the way, the exact meaning is "There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad Allah's prophet."

I'm sure Axx can back me up on this
Old 2005-02-03, 20:54
The return of

Yep, it is the shahada. CNN is wrong, it does not say "god is great" that would be "Allahu Akbar"
It says "La Ilaha Ila Allah, Muhammed Rasool Allah"
Translation
There is no god but god (Allah means god, Ilaha means of godly form, i.e. god aswell. Al Lah means The god. Allah is Al and Lah attached), Muhammed is the messenger of god. (Rasool more literally translates as messenger, and not prophet)

I wonder why no one here is talking about it being a hoax, read my last post, dosnt it make sence that people in ramadi or fallujah, or whatever northern cities people cant get hold of an action figure the company only made 4000 of? Also, another thing i noticed, when was the last time you heard one of these groups demand 72 hours for americans to leave, that is not their usuall demand youd think. Also what islamist site would this be? We just hear the word "islamist site" and automatically believe them, as i mentioned earlier, BBC noted that the last time a hoax was made, of a guy being beheaded, they also claimed it came from an islamist site.

Although im not rulling out it could be some retarded amature iraqis, i also think its quite silly to attribute it to them, knowing how seriously they go about doing their stuff. It may also be propoganda to make them look desperate, considering beheadings/killing of hostages has become so frequent, and worse yet for the americans and iraqi governing council, they have become public. You can visit one of the many sites that post such videos (links are forbidden here to my knowledge) only to realise how often and commen it is to capture and kill someone in iraq.

Dont take the news for its word on everything.
Old 2005-02-03, 23:15
Refrão* (ligar overdrive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
This is rediculously funny, but think for a second or two. There were only 4000 of the whole set produced, whats the chance it gets into the hand of an iraqi? There was a hoax before where a guy made a video where he pretended to get beheaded, the media fell for it (this was in august) but then he later admitted to show "how easily they can be faked" as he put it, and also then the media claimed that it was posted on an islamist site, as bbc so keenly mentioned. Its far more likly its a hoax by somebody wanting to have a bit of fun!
We all know, that US exploded the WTC, uses their population as victims for anthrax and also do tricks to tease UK and CNN.
Old 2005-02-03, 23:34
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Hoax or not, it's amusing like hell
Old 2005-02-03, 23:42
Do the evolution.

I Bet it's the retards Or the Masons, or the UFO, or probably, a very, very secret, top, top secret government agency. Retards sound most sensible to me.
And Atresica, your right, it's very amusing I can't stop laughing. And why the hell would CIA or something, make them look stoopid ? They already made fool's of themselves by killing and murdering people - it's not the way to win anything. Even when you think you act in revenge, you only make other's despise you more. They should stop fighting that way.
Old 2005-02-07, 03:18
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
We all know, that US exploded the WTC, uses their population as victims for anthrax and also do tricks to tease UK and CNN.
Not what i was suggesting, but im interisted if you can find a logical answer to the many points i made in the last 2 posts.

I Bet it's the retards Or the Masons, or the UFO, or probably, a very, very secret, top, top secret government agency. Retards sound most sensible to me.
And Atresica, your right, it's very amusing I can't stop laughing. And why the hell would CIA or something, make them look stoopid ? They already made fool's of themselves by killing and murdering people - it's not the way to win anything. Even when you think you act in revenge, you only make other's despise you more. They should stop fighting that way.

My main bet was it being people, american, iraqi, french, whatever... Playing a hoax, just having some fun watch their creations all over the news. I did not suggest the cia, but what you fail to understand is the success of the iraqi fighters, and how something like this will make them look desperate. So what does making them desperate do, 1 it implies the effectivness of the new iraqi forces, be it the police, or the national guard at protecting forigners, and undermining the fighters. By doing so, it sends a positive image to the world, and slows, if even reverses the reqruitment of others to the cause of these fighters. I am by no means a fool to simply suggest somthing because id rather not believe what is said, but i am not a bigger fool to believe what the news says, as anyone knows, theyll put anything up for a good read.

Remember the g8 summet, where billgates was there. The doodles? How the press claimed them to be Blairs, and just to make a good read, or to further their agenda, maid claims such as "he is not a natural leader" "strugling" etc... That was infact directed to blair mistakenly, and therefore attributed to Bill gates, a man who made Microsoft what it is today, a company with more annual profits than most other countries GDP's.
Maybe then you would have joked about someone for suggesting it wasnt blairs doodles ey?

I think ive made my point, im interisted in a rebuttal