Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2016-02-12, 23:03
Quetching a Mr.

LBA 2 - Animation Information

This is probably not the right place for this kind of topic. But, I tried. I remember seeing this information somewhere already, but cannot find that topic again.

Anyways, in what HQR file can I find the information to change what projectiles entities use? Let's say for example, that I want Twinsen to throw Franco grenades instead of his Magic Ball. Perhaps he is one of Funfrock's Grobos with missile carriers and has the ability to shoot missiles as well.

How can I do this?

I already have all the programs that I need ( LBA Package Editor, Hex Editor, Etc. ). But, in what file would this information be stored? I assumed that this information would be in the RESS.HQR with the entry labeled, "LBA 2 Character Informations", but the space is so cluttered with characters in the Hex Editor that it would take ages to figure this out.

Or is the information of projectiles located in the BODY or ANIM.HQR's?

Thanks.

P.S - I figured I would ask because some of you know so much about the coding and scripting behind the LBA games that it just boggles my mind.
Old 2016-02-14, 23:49
Magic Ball Master

--> topic moved <--

It is located in the ANIM.HQR files.
Is the animation who triggers the different projectiles and it's called Animation Actions.

As far as I remember the LBA2 animations are basically the same as the LBA1 ones.
Check the source from TwinEngine - ActionType enum https://github.com/xesf/twin-e/blob/...imations.c#L41

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2016-02-27, 00:29
Magic Level: Fire Ball

I asked for info on this matter a couple of times a while ago but I never found out a way to do it. I figured that the projectiles were probably linked to specific animations but since I couldn't find an easily available list of all animations in LBA2 there wasn't any practical way for me to test swapping the animations and see if that spawed different projectiles.
Is this info available at all? I know the LBA 1/2 model viewer can tell which animations are attached to the various models but is there any way to extract this information to pinpoint where a specific animation is located in the ANIM.hqr file?
Old 2016-03-08, 15:32
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Lawrence: LBA 2 has an entry in RESS.HQR that contains the equivalent of LBA 1's FILE3D.HQR, that is, a map of all 3D models with corresponding animation ID's.
Old 2016-03-11, 22:26
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Neat, thanks!
Is there any way a non tech-savvy dummy like me can edit this info using any of the LBA editing tools that are currently available?
Old 2016-03-13, 10:02
Master of Degree

I think LBArchitect::Builder can do that. Open a Scene for editing, click an actor, and you will see these three settings for it: Entity, Body, and Animation. Entity is the entry of FILE3D.HQR, Body - entry of Body.hqr, and Animation - entry of Anim.hqr.
Numbers in parentheses are virtual IDs, defined in FILE3D.HQR. Numbers without parentheses are real entry IDs from Body.hqr and Anim.hqr.
(3D areas cannot be opened, but you can open a 3D scene with an isometric background using advanced opening dialog).

If you want to edit the animations, I think you could select another body or animation and see what happens. I'm not sure it that works fully, but it should, as far as I remember from the last time I was working on this program .
Another thing is that you may not be able to see the result easily. The animation selected in the box is a base animation (the animation the actor starts the scene with). Most often it is (0), which usually is a standing still animation. Then the scene script changes it to something else (walking). To avoid overriding your setting by the script, you should select an actor that doesn't change the animation at all. Check the actor's Track Script and search for the ANIM command. Also Life Script can change the animation with ANIM, ANIM_SET and ANIM_OBJ commands. ANIM_OBJ changes the animation for another actor, so you will have to search for all instances of it and see if any of them applies to your actor.

Anticipating your next question: bodies and animations can be selected from those defined in the FILE3D.HQR for the specified actor only (because they are selected using virtual indices). To test a shooting animation from one actor with another one you will have to replace the actual entries in the anim.hqr file.

There are descriptions for these animations that are known only. If you are going to browse through the animations, you could write down what they do, and add the info to this page, or send it to me.

Sorry for posting this only now, but I forgot my own program could do what you want

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2016-03-18, 14:53
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
Anticipating your next question: bodies and animations can be selected from those defined in the FILE3D.HQR for the specified actor only (because they are selected using virtual indices). To test a shooting animation from one actor with another one you will have to replace the actual entries in the anim.hqr file.
Or appropriately modify FILE3D.HQR.
Old 2016-03-18, 17:23
Neko

Would it be possible using lba 1 models in lba 2?
Old 2016-03-21, 18:18
Master of Degree

Not straight away, AFAIK. The data format is different.

Old 2016-03-22, 01:07
Neko

Is it possible then to play as a different model?

Shame though would love to play as lba 1 twinsen
Old 2016-03-24, 04:22
Welcome to Zirla!

- Zink: What about the LBA 1 PlayStation version (European edition) models? Those should be usable in LBA 2 as the format is AFAIK the same.
Old 2016-03-24, 11:11
Neko

Is the game different in playstation? If so i definitely want to play it
Old 2016-03-31, 20:24
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
- Zink: What about the LBA 1 PlayStation version (European edition) models? Those should be usable in LBA 2 as the format is AFAIK the same.
I forgot about that one.

Old 2016-04-19, 03:51
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Is the game different in playstation? If so i definitely want to play it
I have seen gameplay footage, and though I have never played the PlayStation version of LBA 1, the game is definitely the same. In fact, the game is a direct port of the initial personal computer version. Sorry, Jesse.

The only difference that the PS1 version has is the different pitches / bends / etc. of various sound effects, different sound cards for the midi files that play throughout the game, and the game screen has the behavior information on the top instead of pressing, "Ctrl" on your keyboard like the PC version. In addition, the loading times take longer that of the PC ( Or the same, I think ). Twinsen also has, "Eyes" like in LBA 2, though the game is LBA 1.

Personally, I don't think the PS1 version is all that worth it, unless your someone whom loves collecting video games for your collection. Playing the game on the computer allows me to modify or hack it in any way I please, especially with the programs here on the site.
Old 2016-04-19, 03:52
Quetching a Mr.

Sorry, I know it's been awhile since my last reply.

But may I ask? What is AFAIK? What does that stand for?

Although I do not understand this, I appreciate the fact that I know more about the LBA 2 model format. In this case, the relation to the models of the PS1 version of LBA 1 to LBA 2.
Old 2016-04-19, 10:15
Panta rei

It's As Far As I Know

Also, I had the Ps1 version and IIRC the annoying 'damage when you hit a wall' is also removed. That was a relief.
Old 2016-04-21, 02:50
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx View Post
It's As Far As I Know

Also, I had the Ps1 version and IIRC the annoying 'damage when you hit a wall' is also removed. That was a relief.
Oh, yes. That is one of the beneficial factors that the PC version unfortunately does have. It's nice though to be able to play LBA 1 under the LBAWin application and to be able to play the game with, "Cheat Codes". Such as like you said, "Damage when you hit a wall." can be toggled off is very nice. No more stupid deaths from inanimate scenery.
Old 2016-04-23, 08:50
Welcome to Zirla!

- MrQuetch: I have an old trainer from the 1990's for the DOS version that can disable the damage when hitting a wall, but it has the side effect of making you completely invincible from what I remember.
Old 2016-05-03, 00:37
Polly parrot

that's quite the wall damage remover
There's an option to do that in LBAWin as well. And if I remember correctly, FunnyFrog did a program for that as well.
Old 2016-05-03, 02:17
Panta rei

Recently played Lba1 and boy the frustration.

Worst part is chasing Joe in the hole in desert island! That lil fucker purposely walks in your opposite direction!!
Old 2016-05-04, 00:44
New efforts! :)

Joe has claustrophobia, that's why

maybe...

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2016-05-04, 01:01
Panta rei

He's a real little shithead. I never heal his clam problem on Twinsun just to make him suffer.
Old 2016-05-04, 14:14
Polly parrot

Tags
animation, lba1, lba2, model, projectile