Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2006-12-15, 19:46
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
Firstly, if Fred makes the game, I highly doubt it would be comparable to a "fan-created game," as he's a professional with many tools of the industry at his disposal.
Well, in 10 years people can change. Look what George Lucas did to Star Wars!

Anyway, I don't doubt Fred's professionalism, but it's not all down to him - it's also down to budget, finding people to do another great soundtrack, etc.

Quote:
Secondly, why are you so down on Arthur? You're so high on storylines, yet you seem to refuse to even give one featuring Twinsen's son a chance, even though we have no real idea of the plot or how it will work.
Sorry, it's not what I meant. I'm all for playing Twinsen and Arthur as well, I just mean that I wouldn't want Arthur to behave like a silly teenager but more like a young Twinsen (as an example).

Quote:
Furthermore, the series' image is pretty much limited to those of us here. Most don't remember/care about the LBA series now 10+ years later. So to most, any new sequel will probably be their first experience with the series.
I actually know a few people who remember and loved LBA, and who aren't part of this forum. I myself only found this website by fluke last year one day when I randomly decided to look up LBA in Yahoo.

Surely if it's going to be called LBA3, it should be in the same format as the previous LBAs. If Fred wants to start from scratch for a new audience only, he might as well call his game something else...
Old 2006-12-15, 20:12
Magic Ball Master

Not necessarily. After all, the Mario series changed from being a 2D platformer to a nice 3D one, even branching out into other genres like RPG's as well.

LBA 3 doesn't necessarily have to be a top-down or isometric game just because the previous ones were.
Old 2006-12-15, 21:34
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapichon View Post
Well, in 10 years people can change. Look what George Lucas did to Star Wars!
Bad analogy. George Lucas didn't change at all. If he had the technology of now in 1978 Star Wars would be even worse. Seriously, George Lucas isn't bad in creating a good story with background. But his artistic view (or whatever it's called) simply sucks.
Should be pick a few other examples?
  • Tim Burton
  • Luc Besson
  • Ridley Scott
  • James Cameron
  • Joel Coen & Ethan Coen
yeah, they all have an aweful track record

Oh game developers you mean?
  • Warren Spector
  • Michel Ancel
  • Tom Hall
  • Roberta Williams
  • Tim Shafer

Well ofcourse there's an occasianal American McGee or Ragnar Tørnquist.
Old 2006-12-16, 14:11
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
There are games with nice bg and sucky gameplay/other stuff from Lucas, but i really think that with such nice storylines they could make new games... *points at Knights Of The Old Republic (1, 2 sucks :P)*
Old 2006-12-16, 15:09
Master of Science & Magic

George Lucas didn't have much to do with the star wars games. And all starwars games I played were quite nice/good. Including kotor.
Old 2006-12-16, 15:34
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Id personaly say Lucas is great at storys AND his artistic views.
The problem is his scriptwritting skills.

As for LBA3.
It could be very different in some ways, but the core of the game must be the same.
Exploration, Enviroment Interaction, a complete living world and magic balls

If the game was made ver traditional channels it would also have to seem like the first game in a series, not the third.
So the plotline would be a sequal to us, but still seem standalone to the newbies.