Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2007-12-09, 01:55
a big Mooo to you all :-)

Ok, who cares if it's a kiddie game or not. Personally, I think it is a game aimed for a younger audience, but I don't necessarily mean 5 years old or like really 'kiddie.' Although, I know lots of people did play LBA when they were little, but my point is that most computer games are aimed not particulary at adults, but yes, I know, there are grown-ups who play computer games.
Lets leave this 'kiddie' debate and go back to the subject of the thread.
'Twinsen = Funfrock?'
Well personally, I think everyone is looking far to hard into the game, and in saying this I guess I am agreeing with Quetch.
It's just a computer game. It's storyline is obvious, even though parts of the games may be a little more complex.
It's a classic, (like most TV programmes, games, whatever), plot of good versus evil.
Stop looking way to deep into the game. It's not a real life mystery murder case.
Old 2007-12-09, 02:29
(formerly) lots of numbers

Send a message via MSN to LukeNoNumbers
I agree with Jesse that while the game is fun for children, it's not merely a 'kiddie' game. I would describe LBA1 as a cross between Fritz Lang's 'Metropolis' and a Fleischer cartoon. Profound science fiction with a whimsical wrapping. Zeelich in LBA2 is quite dark and at times feels like something out of Dante's Inferno, in the parts with the undergas and the ferryman in particular.

Funfrock is sort of intended as an evil doppelgänger of Twinsen - not literally, though - a sort of grotesque, funhouse mirror image of him. He's obviously a little jealous of Twinsen, desiring his divine powers, making a clone of his bits-of-stuff (and even trying to make one of Twinsen himself) - so there is a connection there. It would probably make his day to find out he's really Twinsen's brother.

Oh, and the music was as awesome when I was a kid as it is now!

Last edited by LukeNoNumbers; 2007-12-09 at 12:15.
Old 2007-12-09, 05:02
Magic Level: Green Ball

Send a message via AIM to Drummerbummer67
i have a quick comment/question. i saw in the first post he said something about sendell and she (refering to sendell). i was for some reason thinking sendell did not have a sex but for a while i thought it was a female figure. what is sendell sex or is it just a sprit and has no sex?
Old 2007-12-09, 05:41
(formerly) lots of numbers

Send a message via MSN to LukeNoNumbers
In the introduction to LBA2, Twinsen refers to Sendell as 'our benevolent goddess'.
Old 2007-12-09, 09:48
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerbummer67 View Post
i have a quick comment/question. i saw in the first post he said something about sendell and she (refering to sendell). i was for some reason thinking sendell did not have a sex but for a while i thought it was a female figure. what is sendell sex or is it just a sprit and has no sex?
Is Sendell a Girl?

Ahh... the old noob days...

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-12-09, 11:52
Neko

The point of this thread is to point out that if you view things from a slight different perspective, things look a bit different.
Old 2007-12-09, 12:09
Mathemagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeNoNumbers View Post
I agree with Jesse that while the game is fun for children, it's not merely a 'kiddie' game. I would describe LBA1 as a cross between Fritz Lang's 'Metropolis' and a Fleischer cartoon. Profound science fiction with a whimsical wrapping. Zeelich in LBA2 is quite dark and at times feels like something out of Dante's Inferno, in the parts with the undergas and the ferryman in particular.
Agreed. The comparison I always make when explaining LBA1's atmosphere to the uninitated is to imagine a movie of 1984 done by Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeNoNumbers View Post
Oh, and the music was as awesome when I was a kid as it is now!
Agreed completly- in fact I only started to listening to the musi out of game when I was 20, as before then it didn't really click with me.

However, this Twinsen is Funfrock theory doesn't hold up. I could believe that perhaps Twinsen's plan was to gain power over Twinsun, and thus he cloned himself (badly- hence the disfigurement), had the clone sezed power and then 'rescued' Twinsun from the clone. But I think the clone probably decided it wanted the power for itself, hence why Twinsen was put in the Asylum to remove him, hence the plan went wrong and Twinsen had to do some real heroics in order to complete the plan. This also explains the sheer archvillainy of Twinsen's house (Look at it!), but ths still seems unlikely.

Then again, it's my firm belief that all the murders in Murder She Wrote were actually done by Jessica Fletcher- think about it, it's the only feasible explanation.