Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2013-03-20, 23:19
Magic Level: Water Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
Yeah maybe if something good ever happened to me I'd believe in something existing.. but nothing good does happen so fuck it.
Have you tried worshipping another one ? Maybe this one isn't doing his job right...
Old 2013-03-20, 23:34
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Have you tried worshipping another one ? Maybe this one isn't doing his job right...
It's not like that, forget the idea. I've already explained it before, belief is not the main strive of mankind, and other experiences might be able to overcome belief. So if Zee says she can't believe, her other experiences are too heavy for her to. I accept this, and she's right I don't want to hear it, but I understand and see no other solution.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2013-03-20, 23:57

What ?
Old 2013-03-21, 00:00
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
What ?
Polly, religion doesn't work on her.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2013-03-21, 13:18

She said she doesn't believe in the Christian's God because nothing good happened to her when she was a christian. The problem isn't with belief in general but just this religion, therefore, change religion
Old 2013-03-21, 14:09
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
She said she doesn't believe in the Christian's God because nothing good happened to her when she was a christian. The problem isn't with belief in general but just this religion, therefore, change religion
Don't pretend you know more than I do.

Old 2013-03-21, 14:13

I don't... I was just answering to this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
Eh.. its really difficult to believe in that God shit when nothing but bad shit happens to you.
Old 2013-03-21, 14:15
Magic Ball GrandMaster

"That god shit" refers to [that] god shit, not [that god] shit.

Old 2013-03-21, 14:58

She said "God" with a capital G, so it's definitely about the christian one...
Old 2013-03-21, 15:48
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
But as soon as your opinion causes an offence to someone, it crosses the line. Remember the offended person is just as an individual as the first.
No it doesn't. No matter what you say, there's always someone going to be offended by it.

There's a difference between expressing your opinion and trashing people personally ofcourse.
Old 2013-03-21, 15:50
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Well why would you invest in yourself? You'd just do what you have the knowledge and skills to do, and the reward would be getting the basic needs for life - a place to live in, health care, food, and more. And the more you'd work, the more you'd get.
This illustrates my point: it's not about the quantity of work but about the quality. The more work you do = the more reward you get is a very bad principle.

We will not progress as a society if we don't invest in ourselves. The people who are willing to do that get rewarded more. The only thing is: not all people get the same chances to fully invest in themselves. The main point of focus should be to level the playingfield for everyone, not giving everyone the same thing.
Old 2013-03-21, 16:39
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
No it doesn't. No matter what you say, there's always someone going to be offended by it.
Bullshit. Because,

Quote:
There's a difference between expressing your opinion and trashing people personally ofcourse.
And that's what I was talking about. The first. If you're already into the latter, you're no good from the start.

So in essence, you tell me you don't agree with me, but you're really showing you're simply the same, and add more definition to, what I couldn't exhaustly define in a first try.

Old 2013-03-21, 20:17
Neko

It is about the principle. If my opinion offends someone, it is their problem.

But, I guess we meant the same.

I just disageee with how you expressed it.

If you say "But as soon as your opinion causes an offence to someone, it crosses the line" --> this is just plain wrong

Some people have weird reasons to become offended.

Last edited by Neko; 2013-03-21 at 20:24.
Old 2013-03-21, 22:07
Magic Ball GrandMaster

True that, I have to agree I must include something in my previous phrasing about sensible reason. Can't be perfect the first time, you know. In programming jargon this is one of the official murphy's laws, nothing goes right the first time. (neither does anything else if it can go wrong)

As soon as your opinion does offence to someone, with a reasonable portion of predictability, or in other words if you could at some point can prevent, your opinion should not need to be expressed in that way. The reasonng init, is that you would be intentionally offending someone.

This is all just my philosophy, and I just wanted to explain it, there's no need to argue about it. I hope you didn't think I was Because I don't claim it to be the truth, just my version of it.

*Edit:
And that's my two thousandth contribution to this board

Old 2013-03-21, 22:13
Neko

Just don't be a douchebag is a good rule of thumb
On the other hand, sometimes a strong expression is needed, regardless if the other person feels hurt. Tiptoeing around important issues can do more harm.

Quote:
True that, I have to agree I must include something in my previous phrasing about sensible reason. Can't be perfect the first time, you know. In programming jargon this is one of the official murphy's laws, nothing goes right the first time. (neither does anything else if it can go wrong)

As soon as your opinion does offence to someone, with a reasonable portion of predictability, or in other words if you could at some point can prevent, your opinion should not need to be expressed in that way. The reasonng init, is that you would be intentionally offending someone.

This is all just my philosophy, and I just wanted to explain it, there's no need to argue about it. Because I don't claim it to be the truth, just my version of it.

*Edit:
And that's my two thousandth contribution to this board
Old 2013-03-21, 22:21
Magic Ball GrandMaster

So, was I a doucebag?
I'm always trying to put things the best way. Sometimes neutral, sometimes a little more fierce if I think it's needed.

Lol, about this "doucebag"... You should know the word is funny in Dutch, right? Something you put your shampoo in. Probably Pope related, as he is white.

Old 2013-03-21, 22:34
Magic Level: Green Ball

Another reason to hate Argentina.
Old 2013-03-22, 06:53
Neko

Quote:
So, was I a doucebag?
I'm always trying to put things the best way. Sometimes neutral, sometimes a little more fierce if I think it's needed.

Lol, about this "doucebag"... You should know the word is funny in Dutch, right? Something you put your shampoo in. Probably Pope related, as he is white.
Argh, no...not you xD

Do you misunderstand me on purpose? You do that soooo often I am assuming slight trolling
Old 2013-03-22, 17:45
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Argh, no...not you xD

Do you misunderstand me on purpose? You do that soooo often I am assuming slight trolling
Nah. But I might be a little egocentric here.

Old 2013-03-23, 12:14
Do the evolution.

Quote:
I'm baptized at the Roman Catholic Church but I'm hardly a believer. I'm a Communist, so in my opinion, religion is the opium of the people, just like Marx and Enegels believed.
As this seems you're being sarcastic here, here's more of the quote in context:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED SCUM
Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness. To call on them to give up their illusions about their condition is to call on them to give up a condition that requires illusions. The criticism of religion is, therefore, in embryo, the criticism of that vale of tears of which religion is the halo.
So you know, you don't skew what the man REALLY said, cause the man's views on religion actually make a lot of sense.

Btw I didn't even know there was a new pope being elected until it was almost over, still don't care. Old Bennie quit cause he couldn't stand being hit on all the time, you might say he was bummed out, at the state of the organization ;D HA HA HA
Old 2013-03-23, 12:51

Actually he said this wasn't his way now, or something among that... Either your religious or not, it still means a lot for someone, to give up the highest social rank one has ever achieved.
No need to disrespect that you know...
Old 2013-03-23, 13:07
Do the evolution.

Quote:
No need to disrespect that you know...
Respect is earned. Neither Bennie, nor any of his predecessors, nor their priestly hordes did or do anything that would weigh towards respecting them. And in fact, they do exactly the opposite all the time.
Old 2013-03-23, 18:23
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
As this seems you're being sarcastic here, here's more of the quote in context:
I wasn't sarcastic there, and I knew of the rest of the quote. And I agree with it.

BTW, to those that asked "why strive when you get no reward?" - let me ask you guys, what reward does the working class currently get for their striving? No rights and a measley pay which isn't evenough even to get through the month?
Old 2013-03-23, 20:25
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Well, that's just localised I guess. If I wanted to, I could receive more than I need.
But anyway, payment is only considered a reward if you're working to get payed. My salary is not my reward, I consider the joy of the people who benefit from my software my real reward. Or at least that's what I'm working for (the software in question isn't finished yet).

Old 2013-03-25, 16:09
Neko

Quote:
I wasn't sarcastic there, and I knew of the rest of the quote. And I agree with it.

BTW, to those that asked "why strive when you get no reward?" - let me ask you guys, what reward does the working class currently get for their striving? No rights and a measley pay which isn't evenough even to get through the month?
I don't know about your country, but over here it's rather transparent how much you can expect to earn, what chances you might have to get said job, and what kind of investment/talents you need to achieve it. The chances should be equal. In our country, the working class can go to universities and make a career for themselves. Or they can party and become dropouts, work in mcdonalds and then complain life isn't fair.

I am not saying everything is perfect. It's strange for example how jobs in the public domain are relatively undervalued. The most sad cases are where someone invested a lot in their education, and then to find out there is no demand anymore for that profession.