Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2013-04-11, 01:00
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Just realized a little detail

I've begun replaying LBA2 and a silly theory popped up in my brain.
In LBA2, the son of Twinsen's neighbour, the architect Mies Van der Rooh is said to be defunct, but it is never revealed how or why he died between the first and second game, however it's safe to assume it wasn't for a natural cause since his father is much older and still alive. I know it's just an irrelevant detail but that always bothered me for some reason.

Well, when you save Raph the lighthouse keeper there is a rabbibunny skeleton in the cell and Raph even comments about not being the Tralu's first victim. It never crossed my mind even once before, but logically couldn't that skeleton very well be the architect's?
Old 2013-04-11, 01:14
Je rêvais d'un autremonde

Could be, could not be.

*end of thread*
Old 2013-04-11, 04:25
New efforts! :)

Woah, I didn't think of that before! It might be! Suspicious!
The skeleton is similar (ok, the same) to the model of the rabbibunny skeletons at the Temple of Bù.

We need answers! Fred? Didier? LBA3?

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2013-04-11, 05:22

Seriously... if his son is of any importance to the games, I think it will be revealed in LBA3.
Nevertheless you are not the first person to question his existence:

http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=15490
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-04-11, 11:38
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
lol wow, never thought of that.
it's actually a funny little detail, i mean, even if the skeleton in the traulu's cave isn't the neighbours son, it still means that someone in the citadel island community has died horribly. it's funny that nobody mentions it (except possibly the neighbour)

it seems very likely that the skeleton IS the neighbour's son, cause why else would they put it in the script that he died? it was a strange decision to begin with
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2013-04-11, 14:11

Quote:
Could be, could not be.

*end of thread*
Quote:
Seriously... if his son is of any importance to the games, I think it will be revealed in LBA3.
Yeah... I know, I know.
I was sure someone would go "Oh my God, stop overthinking a 16 years old game we've already discussed to death!" can't really blame you, but I was bored and this is an LBA forum, so whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
lol wow, never thought of that.
it's actually a funny little detail, i mean, even if the skeleton in the traulu's cave isn't the neighbours son, it still means that someone in the citadel island community has died horribly. it's funny that nobody mentions it (except possibly the neighbour)

it seems very likely that the skeleton IS the neighbour's son, cause why else would they put it in the script that he died? it was a strange decision to begin with
Yeah, pretty much the only reason why I even bothered making this thread, it's odd of them to include such details if they had no reason to be in the game at all, isn't it? For some reason I feel they actually intended that to be the explaination for the neighbour's death but ended up never exploring that further.
Old 2013-04-11, 17:29
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Over-thinking is so fun though.
I really like this theory too.
Old 2013-04-11, 17:39
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
personally i think it's only over-thinking if the topic is something the actual creators probably never thought about.

in this case it's unlikely that the creators just added the death of a character for the lulz, there probably was a story behind it.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2013-04-11, 19:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
creators just added the death of a character for the lulz
OR...

Fred: We're running out of time and budget. And we still need to make that neighbour guy, the young one.

Manager: If we add any extra lines to the voice cast, they'll charge it, you know it. Also we need to make a new 3D model for him, that'll take time.

Fred: Fine. Let's say he's dead then.

A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-04-11, 19:23

Ok, now you're just grasping at straws just to be a party pooper. Why the heck would they make an NPC for the very first location of the game at the end of development?
Old 2013-04-11, 19:30

Because I was telling a bloody joke, that's why.

My personal theory, if you want me to be serious on this, is that he died in the sewers (don't ask me why).
Old 2013-04-11, 22:25
Magic Level: Green Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necdilzor View Post
We need answers! Fred? Didier? LBA3?
We need LBA3! Fred? Didier? answers!
Old 2013-04-11, 22:35

You want LBA3?

Really?

Like, really really really really really really?

Follow these simple steps:

1. Become a multi-millionaire.
2. Fund the production of LBA3.
3. DONE !

Quit begging for Didier and Fred who are trying to get on with their lifes and having themselves to carry the burden and sadness of not being able to make LBA3. They want to, but can't. They've done enough, it's even more frustrating to keep hearing fans asking about it every time specially when they've replied pretty much the same thing over and over the last... 10 years. Don't be such a drag on them.
Old 2013-04-12, 01:11
Magic Level: Antimatter

where does it say that he is dead?
Old 2013-04-12, 01:13
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
I always thought he was murdered because he was FunFrock loving Scum
Old 2013-04-12, 01:32

Omg! You're a genius Twinsan, really! I'm not being sarcastic. That was it. Funfrock killed him to punish him.

Here are all quotes regarding Mies Van Der Rooh:

Quote:
"My dear and respected Dr. FunFrock, I took the plans of the Teleportation Center home with me, to work on them over the week-end. I will bring them back on Monday." Signed: Mies Van der Rooh, Architect, Bug Street, Citadel Island.

Mr. Mies Van der Rooh the architect's house. Bug street (Citadel island)

M. Mies van der Rooh's pass. This pass will grant you access to the Teleportation Center. You will still have to use Gawley's Horn on the left, after the first guard post.

I am updating the works of my defunct son. Certain plans here date back from the time when he rebuilt the island's network of sewers.

I'm still busy with my son's documents here. Everybody seems to be terrorized by these few costumed strangers. At my age, one has seen worse!!
Quote:
Old 2013-04-12, 01:38
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Omg! You're a genius Twinsan, really! I'm not being sarcastic. That was it. Funfrock killed him to punish him.

Here are all quotes regarding Mies Van Der Rooh:
slight flaw, the sewer systems where made between 1 and 2 because they never changed in the first game at any point and changed by the second game. so he was alive post FunFrock, so it would be very difficult for FunFrock to hunt him down and kill him.
Old 2013-04-12, 01:43

I don't remember LBA 1 showing the sewers of Citadel Island.
So my guess is that since then it was "rebuilt" the way it is seen in LBA 2.

In LBA 2 his father says "Certain plans here date back from the time when he rebuilt the island's network of sewers." he is referring to old times, which was back in LBA 1.
Old 2013-04-12, 01:48
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
I don't remember LBA 1 showing the sewers of Citadel Island.
So my guess is that since then it was "rebuilt" the way it is seen in LBA 2.

In LBA 2 his father says "Certain plans here date back from the time when he rebuilt the island's network of sewers." he is referring to old times, which was back in LBA 1.
you eneter the sewers if you destroy FunFrock's statue or eneter near the citadel to get the clover box, but it's completely different from the second game.

Old 2013-04-12, 01:53

Hm. This is seriously getting interesting now. It could be one of 3:

1 . A real mystery (explained later in LBA3)
2 . A design (graphics) flaw
3 . A plot (script) flaw

Hmmm...
Old 2013-04-12, 01:55
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Hm. This is seriously getting interesting now. It could be one of 3:

1 . A real mystery (explained later in LBA3)
2 . A design (graphics) flaw
3 . A plot (script) flaw

Hmmm...
I still think he was a Funfrock lover and was killed for it
Old 2013-04-12, 02:42

That is very possible as well... in his letter to Funfrock he says "My dear and respected Dr. FunFrock" so it seems he was very loyal to him... maybe Twinsun population lynched him for creating the teleportation center and other evil buildings?
Quote:
Old 2013-04-12, 12:39
You what?!

Maybe he moved out.
Old 2013-04-12, 13:12
Magic Level: Water Ball

The fater clearly says that he's dead, in LBA2.
Old 2013-04-12, 13:34
inharmonic explorer

I found it a strange moment on my current replay, too. I'm being obvious, but maybe it was simply included to add a little depth/sense of tragedy/sense of 'old age' to your neighbour's character? It is still fun to speculate about the practical details, though.