Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Old 2006-03-28, 15:33
Darkflame's Avatar
Darkflame Darkflame is offline
Classic
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sol, Earth, NL
Posts: 22,462
Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
I'd rather have it just Twinsen, although I guess controlling Arthur would be OK. But not Zoe.
I disagree!
Zoe should use her dress to float!
Princess was always the best character in Mario2

Quote:
I think it'd be fun to give each character unique behaviours. Zoé could have a seductive mode, so she can distract enemies for example. Like the Rabibunny did on Principal Island. It would make it more interesting to switch characters, because the gameplay would be different .
Actualy I quite like this idea.
Different modes for different characters makes sense.
__________________
http://fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2006-03-28, 17:38
Guadarismo's Avatar
Guadarismo Guadarismo is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 7
I wonder if: The voice of Zoe is the same when you find a new object in LBA2. Will be the same voice in LBA3??? Please, someone tell me that YES, it doesn't matter that is lie!!!... I fall in love of that voice!!!... I remember Twinsen's odyssey with that voice... anybody knows who is she in the real world??? I didn't find her in the credits...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2006-03-28, 19:03
ChaosFish's Avatar
ChaosFish ChaosFish is offline
!!!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Viking Mothership, Earth Simulator
Posts: 20,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guadarismo
I wonder if: The voice of Zoe is the same when you find a new object in LBA2. Will be the same voice in LBA3??? Please, someone tell me that YES, it doesn't matter that is lie!!!... I fall in love of that voice!!!... I remember Twinsen's odyssey with that voice... anybody knows who is she in the real world??? I didn't find her in the credits...
It was the narrator that apoke when you found a new object, not Zoe.

She just happen to have the same voice actress
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2006-03-29, 00:51
Darkflame's Avatar
Darkflame Darkflame is offline
Classic
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sol, Earth, NL
Posts: 22,462
Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
yeah, gezz..we answered your question a few times already.

Just for that I wont give you her address and phone number
__________________
http://fanficmaker.com <-- Tells some truly terrible tales.
-
Phones & Tricorders & Blobs & Bombs & 3D Printers & TVIntros also;stuff
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2006-03-29, 01:17
Imogen's Avatar
Imogen Imogen is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guadarismo
I wonder if: The voice of Zoe is the same when you find a new object in LBA2. Will be the same voice in LBA3??? Please, someone tell me that YES, it doesn't matter that is lie!!!... I fall in love of that voice!!!... I remember Twinsen's odyssey with that voice... anybody knows who is she in the real world??? I didn't find her in the credits...
Spamming this around the forums wont make it do anything better. As for the voice I didn't really relate the two together as Zoe. She spoke alot different dispite being the same voice actor. :3 They can't affort good people for every separate voice in the game and Zoe hasn't got much of a part.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2006-03-29, 21:32
knibble knibble is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9
i personally like the idea of switching between characters

like use twinsen and Arthur to get round obstacles

i just thought of a little scene to explain

twinsn: "hey Arthur can you climb in that vent and open that door? I've got too fat over those nine years you've been growing up

Arthur: "sure dad ill do it"

then you do some stuff in the vent with Aurthur and come out the other side then he beats some guys up then open the door

it will be fun i think.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2006-03-29, 21:37
ChaosFish's Avatar
ChaosFish ChaosFish is offline
!!!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Viking Mothership, Earth Simulator
Posts: 20,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by knibble
i personally like the idea of switching between characters

like use twinsen and Arthur to get round obstacles

i just thought of a little scene to explain

twinsn: "hey Arthur can you climb in that vent and open that door? I've got too fat over those nine years you've been growing up

Arthur: "sure dad ill do it"

then you do some stuff in the vent with Aurthur and come out the other side then he beats some guys up then open the door

it will be fun i think.
Lovely example for father-and-son hang out!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2006-03-30, 02:26
.TakaM's Avatar
.TakaM .TakaM is offline
.II
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 732
Send a message via MSN to .TakaM
expanding on peoples different modes for each character ideas i came up with one.

how about each character has one mode, say...:
twinsen = athletic
zoe = sneaky/seductive
arthur = aggressive
although each character would have the mandatory set of moves such as attacking and jumping but there will be obvious advantages to each character.

You'd press the button that would change modes like in LBA1/2 except this time it would change which character leaded the other two.

so, say youre leading with arthur and you come to a part you have to jump over so you switch characters and lead with twinsen, you jump over, but ofcourse zoe and arthur cant jump as far as twinsen so you have to find a solution for them, perhaps raise a platform or extend a bridge (sort of like zelda four swords)

but similar to mario&luigi there would be points where you only control one character, for example if twinsen got thrown into prison like he always does :P you could have the choice of finding a way out as twinsen with his set or moves or switching to zoe or arthur to help twinsen break out.

this simple idea could open up the game in many ways making it quite open ended and each npc could react differently to whatever character youre controlling


oh and perhaps you could even learn team moves like in mario&luigi also, maybe twinsen could throw characters a certain distance, arthur could shield all three characters and zoe could.. i dunno, hide twinsen and arthur under her dress and sneak around? LOL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2006-03-30, 03:17
cgenesis cgenesis is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 16
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by .TakaM
expanding on peoples different modes for each character ideas i came up with one.

how about each character has one mode, say...:
twinsen = athletic
zoe = sneaky/seductive
arthur = aggressive
although each character would have the mandatory set of moves such as attacking and jumping but there will be obvious advantages to each character.

You'd press the button that would change modes like in LBA1/2 except this time it would change which character leaded the other two.

so, say youre leading with arthur and you come to a part you have to jump over so you switch characters and lead with twinsen, you jump over, but ofcourse zoe and arthur cant jump as far as twinsen so you have to find a solution for them, perhaps raise a platform or extend a bridge (sort of like zelda four swords)

but similar to mario&luigi there would be points where you only control one character, for example if twinsen got thrown into prison like he always does :P you could have the choice of finding a way out as twinsen with his set or moves or switching to zoe or arthur to help twinsen break out.

this simple idea could open up the game in many ways making it quite open ended and each npc could react differently to whatever character youre controlling


oh and perhaps you could even learn team moves like in mario&luigi also, maybe twinsen could throw characters a certain distance, arthur could shield all three characters and zoe could.. i dunno, hide twinsen and arthur under her dress and sneak around? LOL
naaaaaaaah
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2006-03-30, 08:20
Imogen's Avatar
Imogen Imogen is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 178
One mode I don't think would work. Besides. Twinsen is the battle hardened warrior. He wouldn't be sending his nine year old son to beat up enemies. He'd only be around twenty nine or early thirties, not like he's old and decrepid.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2006-03-30, 11:56
ChaosFish's Avatar
ChaosFish ChaosFish is offline
!!!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Viking Mothership, Earth Simulator
Posts: 20,146
.TakaM - That's Lost Vikings you're talking about
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2006-03-30, 11:59
bunnyrabbot02's Avatar
bunnyrabbot02 bunnyrabbot02 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,514
Red face

Good idea about dual control!
Was it really Fred, who wrote the last parts?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2006-03-30, 17:04
Sniper Master's Avatar
Sniper Master Sniper Master is offline
The Snipa Masta
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Bristol,UK
Posts: 152
Send a message via AIM to Sniper Master Send a message via MSN to Sniper Master
Something like Max Payne 2 might be possible, where you switch perspectives. In LBA2, this could have happened while Twinsen was escaping from Zeelich, and then do the tasks as her (getting the pearl of incandescene, getting the protopack etc.), then Twinsen comes back and has to go to Citadel Island, gets the stuff from Zoe, then go back to Zeelich.

But playing from the offset seems rather boring.
__________________
Webby
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2006-03-30, 18:46
elmuerte's Avatar
elmuerte elmuerte is offline
Master of Science & Magic
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 8,181
that style worked for Lost Vikings, but don't like it for LBA3
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2006-03-30, 19:01
Inventor's Avatar
Inventor Inventor is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 165
I neither don't like LBA3 to be like Lost Vikings, I want it to keep it's original athmosphere and gameplay!

and I also dont like the Idea of controlling multiple characters at the sametime or changing characters when ever you want..
The changing should be connected to the storyline.

And I also think that Twinsen and Zoe should have same behaviour modes, after all they are both adults.. And Arthurs missions and quests should be something you would except for a boy of his age..
So Arthur wouldn't fight with the deadliest baddies.. And the people he talks with should ofcourse behave like they would be talking to a young boy, not like talking to adults..
__________________
Try out my LBA1 maps:
Desert Base
Grobo invasion
Sewerage

try out my fan game demo Twinrunner 0.5
credits to ChaosFish for uploading the game!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 2006-03-30, 22:34
Blind Prophet's Avatar
Blind Prophet Blind Prophet is offline
pioneer of the useless
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: if i told u i would have to kill u
Posts: 403
I think that what theyll do is that 4 the first part of the game ull play as twinsen, then something happens to him (captured?) then itll b up 2 arther to save himm
__________________
I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DANGER!!!!!! then run and hide until it goes away

MAKE LBA3 HAPPEN!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 2006-03-31, 00:46
Imogen's Avatar
Imogen Imogen is offline
Magic Level: Red Ball
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 178
I'm sure the game will be mostly about Twinsen. I doubt it'd be a large percentage of the game you play other people. But we'll have to wait and see. Knowing LBA they'll try to do something original. I dont fancy the idea saving the world on Arthur as he's not quite so interestingly constructed to me as the already established characters.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 2006-03-31, 00:47
schitzn's Avatar
schitzn schitzn is offline
Trippin Alien
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oz-trail-e-err
Posts: 430
Quote:
I think that what theyll do is that 4 the first part of the game ull play as twinsen, then something happens to him (captured?) then itll b up 2 arther to save himm
I like Blind Prophet's idea better.

I was playing Day of the Tentacle yesterday for the first time, and had the choice to play 3 players at any time, but all where in different locations. They could teleport their inventory items to each other. They were in the future past and present of the same area.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 2006-03-31, 01:06
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imogen
I'm sure the game will be mostly about Twinsen. I doubt it'd be a large percentage of the game you play other people. But we'll have to wait and see. Knowing LBA they'll try to do something original. I dont fancy the idea saving the world on Arthur as he's not quite so interestingly constructed to me as the already established characters.
Unless Twinsen and Zoe's parents were both better lovers, I don't see why Arthur was constructed less interesting.
Maybe triangular boobies do not do it for you?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 2006-04-01, 07:39
maliciousalice's Avatar
maliciousalice maliciousalice is offline
Magic Level: Green Ball
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: australia
Posts: 94
I hope if he makes lba 3, we will be able to visit the new zeelich somewhere in the plot.

I hope that the islands will be more detailed. Oh! I do hope lba3 will get produced
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 2006-04-01, 11:04
elmuerte's Avatar
elmuerte elmuerte is offline
Master of Science & Magic
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 8,181
I don't care much about Zeelich, Twinsun stole my heart
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 2006-04-01, 12:02
.TakaM's Avatar
.TakaM .TakaM is offline
.II
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 732
Send a message via MSN to .TakaM
I never mentioned lost vikings, mainly because Ive never played it before, but i can completely picture it working with LBA's design. i figured just because you guys have played lost vikings its hard to look at that system from a different perspective.

the game I personally want is just a game controlling one character, either twinsen or arthur.. zoe is already established as the damsel in distress and it'd just be wierd controlling her on some epic journey, and since twinsun is mostly covered with water, i want sailing to play a bigger role in the story and gameplay, discovering new mysterious islands and investigating them for whatever purpose. since windwaker had a similar system that did most things right but still a few things wrong it would be pretty easy to decide which aspect to include or cut out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 2006-04-01, 14:16
lerenwe's Avatar
lerenwe lerenwe is offline
PONY! err, I mean RABBIT!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Somewhere in france...
Posts: 50
I would see a thing in the kind:

Twinsen have a mission, for example, er... find someone at desert island!
When he finish his mission, the scenario will want that one passes to arthur which has another "mission".

It is in the scenario, but not switchable...


You see what I want to say?

(Er.. Maybe a little like "Sonic adventure")
__________________
"Ahhhh, ze capgun! Ze symbol of ze french military might!" Bosco in sam and max episode 3: The mole, the mob and the meatball
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 2006-04-17, 05:13
Orchard Thief's Avatar
Orchard Thief Orchard Thief is offline
Extreme Unicycler 1 day
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 27
aslong as the classic style of LBA stays the same im happy
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 2006-04-17, 14:19
Drecon's Avatar
Drecon Drecon is offline
A prophet
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 768
I actually hope you can play somthing ther than just Quetches. Maybe Baldino?

I really look forward to seeing whathever they think up. I just hope that it will not be too hard to execute as simplicity is usually more fun to play.

Also I want to see Rebel Island again... maybe renamed...
__________________
Roses are red
Violets are blue
All my base
Are belongs to you
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chat with Frédérick Raynal - 12/March/2006 ChaosFish General 130 2010-04-01 04:46
It aint happinin (Fred now works at Ubisoft! LBA3 to have different style...*gasp*) Axx General 223 2007-02-07 02:07
Ideas for LBA3 LBA 123 General 15 2006-10-07 18:53
How to give ideas about creating LBA3 Illumina General 20 2002-04-09 19:46
Ideas for LBA3? G.A. Zogem General 107 2002-03-21 14:39


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:55.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, the Magicball Network