Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2006-04-02, 02:10
Trippin Alien

Wikipedia : LBA3 Issue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Big_Adventure_3

It is proposed that this article be deleted.

Whats with this? Can someone correct this, as I can't see why it should be deleted.

We have only 3 days left before it will be sent to the bin.
Old 2006-04-02, 04:08
I lost the Game!

its a "pointless topic" or so they say.
doesn't make much sense especaly with an article like THIS
Old 2006-04-02, 05:06
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Apparently it was some guy called "Jacoplane". The proposal was removed by an "Elscir" with this message: "There is absolutely no reason to delete this article. The LBA series has sold over 1,000,000 copies and the increasing likelihood of a sequel merits a Wikipedia article."
Old 2006-04-02, 12:39
Sheepie for short

He says it's because its existance hasn't been announced by a "reliable, published source" which is official Wikipedia policy.

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2006-04-02, 13:17
Master of Science & Magic

I objected to the LBA3 article in the first place.
I think it has no place for existance until development of it has been confirmed\started.
Old 2006-04-02, 13:53
The return of

I disagree. It is not confirming in any way the future development of LBA3. However, there are many people who would like to know what has happened with the 3rd installment in the LBA series, and as Twinadv is down I believe it should stay up. I do not see the harm anyhow, whats the fuss about?
Old 2006-04-02, 15:53
pioneer of the useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
I disagree. It is not confirming in any way the future development of LBA3. However, there are many people who would like to know what has happened with the 3rd installment in the LBA series, and as Twinadv is down I believe it should stay up. I do not see the harm anyhow, whats the fuss about?
yea i agree
an anyone know when twinadv is gonna be bck up?

MAKE LBA3 HAPPEN!
Old 2006-04-02, 17:24
Fruto di tutti frutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem
Apparently it was some guy called "Jacoplane". The proposal was removed by an "Elscir" with this message: "There is absolutely no reason to delete this article. The LBA series has sold over 1,000,000 copies and the increasing likelihood of a sequel merits a Wikipedia article."
And it is nominated for deletion again now.
Old 2006-04-02, 18:27
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
To be honest, I don't think this article should exist either. There are many games with fans who want a sequel, LBA is not much different. How would it look like if I start, for example, a new article called "Monkey Island 5", and all I write there is "MI 5 is not in plan, but many fans want it"?

If someone wants info about LBA 3, he'd probably choose Google as his first station, not Wikipedia.
Old 2006-04-03, 00:29
Mageling at heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
i agree. wikipedia should have all available information on everything (or should try to!), not just information that has been officially approved. axx is right, a lot of people will want to try and find out about this, and wikipedia should have the information ready for them.
- kirsty maccoll
Old 2006-04-03, 00:38
Trippin Alien

The information about LBA 3 on wiki is factual to the events that have arised from the developer source.

A Google search will list Wikipedia's LBA3 article and potential fans can then become informed of recent developments by wiki.
Old 2006-04-03, 02:39

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Erm, what article is suppose to be deleted?

That old one about LBA3 with the concept art?
Old 2006-04-03, 09:06
Magic Level: Red Ball

Wiki is full of.. Well everything irrelivent. I think LBA 3 is on the verge of being suitable or unsuitable... And there's worse examples then exploding whales on wiki. There's this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O_Rly and this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domo_kun
Old 2006-04-03, 10:25

It's not a matter of relevancy, it's a matter of "fact".
It's not like other games that never became have entries on wikipedia (e.g.: Daikatana 2, Anachronox 2, Agartha, ...)
Old 2006-04-03, 11:33
The Snipa Masta

Send a message via AIM to Sniper Master Send a message via MSN to Sniper Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem
To be honest, I don't think this article should exist either. There are many games with fans who want a sequel, LBA is not much different. How would it look like if I start, for example, a new article called "Monkey Island 5", and all I write there is "MI 5 is not in plan, but many fans want it"?

If someone wants info about LBA 3, he'd probably choose Google as his first station, not Wikipedia.
Well, there's no information on Monkey Island 5. With LBA3 there's dates saying when Fred has said what's happening with it, one image with concept art...there's some information there that people may want.
Old 2006-04-03, 12:12
The return of

Sorry, why do you want it deleted, how do you benifit with it deleted? I look forward to reading a good reason, I doubt I will get one.

Everything on the LBA3 page is FACT El. Im sure your aware of that, so your last reason is invalid. However, we do gain something from there being a page.

For one, Wikepedia has the advantage of being a more visited site, hence it comes up first in the google searches. For another, the Twinadv site is down, and there are no other viable alternatives to Wikepedia at the moment.

Its not convinent for someone searching for information about LBA3 to have to dig it up in the MBN forums.

Also, I not only believe the LBA3 entry should not be taken down, i belive the information on that page should be furthered with all the current developments!
Old 2006-04-03, 12:41
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
I wouldn't let that page be deleted just because LBA 3 hasn't been confirmed for development. Why delete it when people have the right to know about what LBA 3 is and what it's going to happen to it? I agree with Axx, too. We stand against the risky ignorance about this game.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2006-04-03, 12:52

With "fact" (note the quotes) I meant what wikipedia considers "fact".
And I don't want that page deleted, it's there now, so deleting it is useless. I don't see the use in deleting a page that doesn't contain redundant information.
Deleting it now would create a information gap.

But still, why was it flagged to be deleted in the first place? What's the policy on deleting pages on the wikipedia?
Old 2006-04-03, 13:49
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Little Big Adventure 3, (possibly subtitled The Genesis of the Stellar Entity), is a prospective addition to an action/adventure game series that was created by Adeline Software International, beginning with LBA 1 and continued in LBA 2

Although LBA 3 is not yet officially in production, its plot has been written and concept art designs have been produced.

On 23 December 2005, the site TwinAdv reported that Frédérick Raynal (one of the main creators of the LBA series) has presented LBA3 to several publishers.

Currently, the LBA fan community is conducting a campaign under the slogan "LBA3 - Make it happen." Their headquarters can be found at The Magic Ball Network forums.
All looks like fact to me...

edit---
crap, just re-read the posts...

Last edited by Echomote; 2006-04-03 at 13:55.
Old 2006-04-03, 13:54
Sheepie for short

"Information on Wikipedia must be reliable. Facts, viewpoints, theories, and arguments may only be included in articles if they have already been published by reliable and reputable sources. Articles should cite these sources whenever possible. Any unsourced material may be challenged and removed."

So basically even if your facts are correct you need to cite "reliable sources" or it's against Wikipedia's policy.

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2006-04-03, 14:21

I'm sure Frederick is a good enough source
Old 2006-04-03, 14:53

Guess the MBN isn't an reliable and reputable source. It's only the home of the LBA community.
Old 2006-04-04, 13:22
Trippin Alien

Quote:
On 23 December 2005, the site TwinAdv reported that Frédérick Raynal (one of the main creators of the LBA series) has presented LBA3 to several publishers.
TwinAdv has been down for some time now, so I guess there is no source at the moment for the truth in the information.

Maybe referring to the MBN site instead in that context would correct the sourcing of information problem.
Old 2006-04-04, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzn
Maybe referring to the MBN site instead in that context would correct the sourcing of information problem.
"MBN Reports that TwinAdv reports that Fred reported ..." ?
Old 2006-04-04, 14:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Muerte
"MBN Reports that TwinAdv reports that Fred reported ..." ?
sounds good do it