Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2006-07-25, 11:31
Trippin Alien

Exclamation CIV4 : Danger - do not play this game

Yes,

you've heard right.

This game is dangerous, its addictive and will have you hooked once you start playing it. You'll be excited to get home and get into a new game, you'll spend hours upon hours playing a game, starting after you have breakfast, and finishing at around dinner time, you're still playing the same game. You'll find that this game always has new strategies you'll be learning and tactics to improve your performance versus the ai and online play.

In short, this game will ruin your normal life.

Anyone who's caught this syndrome?
Old 2006-07-25, 11:32
You what?!

Lol.

What game? Civilisation 4?
Old 2006-07-25, 12:21
Do the evolution.

Yeah, whatever, my ancient Rome will kick your Beijengs ass with my sonic tanks biatch! And they'll be bigger then your city is! Civ games are horrible .
Old 2006-07-25, 14:16
Trippin Alien

You don't find it addictive?

What don't you like about it?
Old 2006-07-25, 14:35
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
I agree, civ 4 is extremely addictive, just like the other civ games, its a great game, and playing Civ 4 at LAN-parties is teh shit.
Old 2006-07-25, 16:17
Happy!

Send a message via MSN to Bender
LOL.....i couldnt force myself to get past the tutorial, never touched it again, which is strange cause i loved Alpha Centuri & the warlords series which r turn based
Old 2006-07-25, 21:15
Radical Dreamer

world of warcraft anyone?
Old 2006-07-26, 02:19
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
It gives more a possibility to be a less addictive game cause you can saveNbreak almost whenever you want to. However on the net I'm not so sure about it. Then, at the net, I do think it might be addictive, mainly for the reasons you said. However hardly I'll say on Single-player.

I really don't like Civlization IV cause of it takes far to long time to finish a net game and the single player strategy has been broken by the new attack-mode.

I really enjoyed Civlization III though. And I don't remember getting addictive at all, played during Friday nights and some at holidays I remember I did.

Q-Wi-Q --- WoW is very addicting indeed. However the creators of CIV IV knew that a net game is going to take long for a person to play more than once a weak. However you can play 1 hour WoW per weak, but you cannot play 1 hour CIV IV net games per weak.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here

Last edited by LBAWinOwns; 2006-07-26 at 02:29.
Old 2006-07-26, 02:45
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender
LOL.....i couldnt force myself to get past the tutorial, never touched it again, which is strange cause i loved Alpha Centuri & the warlords series which r turn based
Almost all GS games are different, even turn based.

anyway, my Grand Strategy favourites:
Civilization 1-4
Hearts of iron/victoria.
Total war series.
Old 2006-07-26, 16:46
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-Wi-Q
Tell me about it. Even though I'm not interested by it, my friend Mark has played it for around 2000 hours, and he's still playing it. He's even a clan leader of Unstable Equation in Doomhammer server.
Speaking of addiction, I have to say that the game could even surpass Counter-strike in overall game genre.

Click to read!
Old 2006-07-26, 21:13
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns
Q-Wi-Q --- WoW is very addicting indeed. However the creators of CIV IV knew that a net game is going to take long for a person to play more than once a weak. However you can play 1 hour WoW per weak, but you cannot play 1 hour CIV IV net games per weak.
what? are you kidding me? I have friends who quit their dayjobs to play WoW 24/7. I used to be very active (but I quit a while ago, got tired of it), and one raid through Molten Core or Blackwing Lair easily take 4-6 hours to complete...

WoW is the king of addictive games, because you keep on playing it even if you don't like it. Hell, you're even paying 15 euro a month to raid the same places over and over and get really bored and stressed because your guildmembers are complete bitches :/
Old 2006-07-27, 01:06
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
what? are you kidding me? I have friends who quit their dayjobs to play WoW 24/7. I used to be very active (but I quit a while ago, got tired of it), and one raid through Molten Core or Blackwing Lair easily take 4-6 hours to complete...

WoW is the king of addictive games, because you keep on playing it even if you don't like it. Hell, you're even paying 15 euro a month to raid the same places over and over and get really bored and stressed because your guildmembers are complete bitches :/
I never played WoW on serious, but I'm almost sure you can play in one hour and then quit.

Also notice I said that WoW is very addicting, I only explained that if you want to, you can play WoW for one hour and then save and quit.

However you cannot play CIV IV Online for one hour and save and quit.

About "Molten Core" or "Blackwing Lair" and such... I believe there is also quests (or whatever they are named) that of course can take several hours to complete. But as I said and always meant before: You can play for 1 h and then Save'N'Quit.

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2006-07-27, 01:13
inharmonic explorer

It's been a while since I've been addicted to a game.
Old 2006-07-27, 07:22
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns
I never played WoW on serious, but I'm almost sure you can play in one hour and then quit.

Also notice I said that WoW is very addicting, I only explained that if you want to, you can play WoW for one hour and then save and quit.

However you cannot play CIV IV Online for one hour and save and quit.

About "Molten Core" or "Blackwing Lair" and such... I believe there is also quests (or whatever they are named) that of course can take several hours to complete. But as I said and always meant before: You can play for 1 h and then Save'N'Quit.
sure you can... you'll have played long enough to get to the place where you can quest

you can quit after an hour, but then I'm sure you can quit civ4 after an hour to, it's just pointless to do so because you haven't actually played yet

either way: this discussion can go on and on for ever and ever, I just know that every time I was going to play wow for an hour, I ended up playing 5-6 hours since you can't actually do anything useful in one hour but stand in Ironforge and chat with guildmates

Last edited by Q-Wi-Q; 2006-07-27 at 07:37.
Old 2006-07-27, 07:24
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
CS2x> Same here. Some people are usually growing their way out of the game life. My friend has already done that a few years ago and spent hours every week on getting high grades. And he proved it to me, with only 2 VG (B) and the rest is MVG (A).
Old 2006-07-27, 11:38
It's My Choice

Send a message via MSN to panadol
Quote:

I do,
lvl 122 on pvt sever
lvl 20, 30 and some low lvl's as well
Old 2006-07-27, 16:37
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
sure you can... you'll have played long enough to get to the place where you can quest

you can quit after an hour, but then I'm sure you can quit civ4 after an hour to, it's just pointless to do so because you haven't actually played yet

either way: this discussion can go on and on for ever and ever, I just know that every time I was going to play wow for an hour, I ended up playing 5-6 hours since you can't actually do anything useful in one hour but stand in Ironforge and chat with guildmates
Im sure there exists none-nerds that play WoW too. like adults around year of 35 I bet plays WoW, and they got job and family and such.

They most likely don't care to change for a superweapon or clear a quest to get a spell or whatever, they I think are more of exploring the nature only.

About playing CIV IV for one hour, you can In fact join and take over a computer player, so I guess your right in that, probably some CIV IV-players do that and just leave after one hour.

Hmm, I think it will always be players that plays such games for one hour and quit.

And as I always said it exists nerds that will get hooked up playing for hours. I cann't say which game is more addictive and I've no idea.

(image by leoboe! )