Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2006-08-03, 23:29
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
alex , have you implemented the export feature in the LBA 3D Object Viewer ??? that would be so cooollll !!!! and you are our only hope
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-08-04, 00:06
Magic Ball Master

Didn't know you guys were looking for it. If I'm not wrong yaz0r already made such a export function for Maya aplications. Anyway I could try make something, but I don't promise nothing .

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-08-04, 08:25
Twinsunian Quetch

well , at least I was hoping for a miracle since the first day I saw the program Thanks for considdering
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-08-04, 15:14
Magic Ball Master

I checked and the last viewer by Yaz0r save automatically the loaded body to DXF format with the name export.dxf (an AutoCAD file format if I'm not wrong).

Anyway I could still made such an option the way you could export the files opened in LBA Package editor.

Moderation:
Can any mod split this last offtopic conversation and move it to LBA Modification forum?
Thanks

Old 2006-08-04, 17:53
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Moderation:
Can any mod split this last offtopic conversation and move it to LBA Modification forum?
done
Old 2006-08-04, 20:50
Magic Ball Master

Thanks El

Btw, I've try this DXF format with a program I have here but I couldn't saw it as 3D, maybe in Studio Max it could be seen.

Old 2006-08-05, 12:28
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
that would be cool if u could make an export function for animations...
Old 2006-08-06, 00:12
Twinsunian Quetch

mmmmmmm DFX .... never heared of such a supported format .... but how do you handle the model viewer ??? as a DirectX renderer or OpenGL ??? and how could you export it as , apart from DFX ..... .X , .3DS ??? I think that if you succede , for me it would be as LBA3 was created
Old 2006-08-06, 20:30
Previously Link

Yeahhhhhhh i'd love to see that too !!!
If you have time to do it...
WOuld be very useful...
Old 2006-08-06, 21:42
Free-lance designer

Send a message via ICQ to Horadrim
Realy, the viewer exports in Auto CAD Drawing format, but only the LBA1 models. It is great feature anyway, I could make comparison with the scale of my models and the original ones, making the same proportions and so on.
Old 2006-08-06, 23:11
Twinsunian Quetch

Horadrim , do you mean the 3D Model Viewer ot the Island Viewer ???
Old 2006-08-06, 23:19
Free-lance designer

The model viewer ofcourse. The island viewer`s exporting ability is turned off. As Yaz0r told me, there was a problem with the textures ( this was almost 2 years ago, so I may be wrong for his exact words, but I know the problem were the textures ).
Old 2006-08-06, 23:24
Twinsunian Quetch

mmmm just how exactly do you export the LBA 1 files ????? was I so stupid not to notice this for such a long time pls help
Old 2006-08-07, 00:07
Free-lance designer

Alex, would you mind to ask yaz0r, post his code for both viewers? I`m sure that this will be in great use for everybody here. Especially if the code could be "translated" in other programming languages, Delphi for example ( or it`s free analog - Lazarus). Such step will open much opportunities for modding the both LBA games and aiding the fanprojects.
I think yaz0r said that he`ll release the code, when the viewers are 100% ready. Since he`s a busy man I doubt that he`ll have that free time to realize his plans ( which is the sad thing ). If he posts the sources, many people could contribute something to yaz0r`s labor. I ask you, because you`re the man, who can poke him for this.

Quetch ->
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont
I checked and the last viewer by Yaz0r save automatically the loaded body to DXF format with the name export.dxf (an AutoCAD file format if I'm not wrong).
Old 2006-08-07, 09:24
Twinsunian Quetch

hmmmmmmm do you mean the export.dfx file inside the folder ???? cause I have never noticed another .dfx file . Yes , I loaded a LBA1 file and I have the latest version from his site
Old 2006-08-07, 15:47
Magic Ball Master

Yes, that file you could open on 3D Studio and other programs ofcourse.

Horadrim, you mean all his viewer code or only the model rountines? Yaz0r already release some of the models code in the first viewer used in RMP project, the one I use to make this program. I can release my sources since was maded using his free code.

I have here some of the last sources he gave me from the Island Viewer and from this last viewer, with 2 classes for each model game with lots of things including animations but its something I don't have permission to post on the forum so, I must ask him if he don't mind. Anyway, I think it is now unavailable.

About the source of this DXF format convertion I think I can post it here, and also add it in my program if people would like instead of having the viewer saving all the time at export.dxf file.

Old 2006-08-07, 16:24
Free-lance designer

The model routines will be good, indeed. Personaly I need them more than everything else, but the source of the whole viewers will allow the other people add something from themselves.
Adding apropriate exporting features for both viewers will allow the people examine the models/relief of the both games more closely in their favourite modelling program. In the other hand someone enough skilled could at last make a plugin or convertor and allow the improting of custom made models in LBA1 or LBA2.
Old 2006-08-07, 21:27
Twinsunian Quetch

well I can make a viewer of the custom made models , once alexfont or yaz0r will make the export feature ...
Old 2006-08-08, 18:12
Magic Ball Master

Since I don't had the time now, here's my program sources. I'll contact with yaz0r after.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LBA3DObjectViewer_src.zip‎ (24.6 KB, 237 views)

Old 2006-08-08, 18:47
Free-lance designer

I suppose you used Borland C++ .
Old 2006-08-08, 18:53
Magic Ball Master

Yes, Borland C++ 6, too similar from Borland Delphi IDE