Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic > Member Announcements

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Announcements Announcements like "I'm leaving", "I'm new", "Happy Birthday", etc. goes in here.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-19, 11:51
Trippin Alien

Unhappy Good Bye MBN

Im leaving these forums,

I keep thinking I dedicate too much time with trying to be a constant active member, in hope that a large community may encourage an lba sequel.

In light of this discussion:
http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=11323

I thinks its inappropriate to invest my time being here when this type of behaviour is allowed. I visit these forums and be active to support a assumed common goal, to share interest in LBA, but not to support a forum board that allows this much freedom of discussion. This has given me reason for dedicating my time elsewhere.

On a nice note, thx to members Ive met over the last 6 months who've given me a laugh and shared my passion for LBA, it was great chatting with you.

God bless Sir Fred, and may there be a coded sequel being written as you read this!
Old 2006-08-19, 12:04
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
Wait one second, you're leaving because of a thread about gay sex? That clearly wasn't even serious in the first place. And you don't want to support something that allows freedom of discussion? How can you not want to support that? A place where you can express your opinion on anything can't be bad at all.

Anyway I guess we'll see you around.

EDIT: This isn't meant to be like a 'FUCK YOU BIATCH' post by the way, incase you read it that way.
Old 2006-08-19, 12:22
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
I stay
I pray
I see you in heaven far away

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2006-08-19, 12:34
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Ok, cya

HOMOPHOBE
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.

Last edited by Reek; 2006-08-19 at 12:41.
Old 2006-08-19, 13:03
Sheepie for short

A brave decision mate; I certainly respect it, although I myself am willing to tolerate the existance of such things, because I enjoy posting in all the other threads and being part of the community. I just don't take part in "those" kind of threads.

Goodbye and good luck with life outside!

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2006-08-19, 13:55
Idot

Send a message via ICQ to Aule
http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=9024
Old 2006-08-19, 14:29
Magic Ball Master

Everyone seems to leave MBN because of their way to see gay stuff...

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2006-08-19, 14:39
Radical Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBall2K View Post
"but not to support a forum board that allows this much freedom of discussion"
That sounds just....wrong.
yep, absolutely. While I think that particular discussion "sucks bigtime", I feel there are worse things in the world to create a huge fuss about. So some people on this board have a big problem in the way they express the uncertainties about their sexuality and their inability to please the ladies, so what? Just feel superior and move on. Hurrah!
Old 2006-08-19, 14:56
LBA fan

You're leaving because of a (obviously not even serious) gay thread. Perhaps in an ideal forum everyone would be straight, isn't that right, schitzn? Or should I call you HOMOPHOBE? See you around, Hitler.
Old 2006-08-19, 15:07
Magic Ball Master

Too bad, you'll never get to ride the Sacred Carrot.

Or be in a Wrestlefest.
Old 2006-08-19, 15:08
Master of Science & Magic

If you don't like a thread, don't read it. You don't have to read everything on this forum. I don't.
Old 2006-08-19, 16:19
Do the evolution.

Seriously... they're not even gay...

uhm, either it's ok to talk about everything (as long as it does not conflict with the law), or it's not ok to talk about anything, freedom of speach means you can say whatever you feel like, and if someone feels offended he doesen't have to look at it.
Old 2006-08-19, 16:34
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
schitzn, are you also offended by threads about blacks and jews, for example?
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2006-08-19, 16:37
Magic Ball Master

DON'T SAY THAT!

It makes you racist.

Old 2006-08-19, 19:29
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzn View Post
Im leaving these forums,

I keep thinking I dedicate too much time with trying to be a constant active member, in hope that a large community may encourage an lba sequel.

In light of this discussion:
http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?t=11323

I thinks its inappropriate to invest my time being here when this type of behaviour is allowed. I visit these forums and be active to support a assumed common goal, to share interest in LBA, but not to support a forum board that allows this much freedom of discussion. This has given me reason for dedicating my time elsewhere.

On a nice note, thx to members Ive met over the last 6 months who've given me a laugh and shared my passion for LBA, it was great chatting with you.

God bless Sir Fred, and may there be a coded sequel being written as you read this!
I lived in a country where people do not speek of certain subject because its against the norms or against the law, where everyone has to conform to a certain norms. You cant be yourself so much their, having come to the UK i can say that freedom of speech and expression allows everyone to feel accepted and to become who they really are.

The thread in question is purely a thread for fun. You should not react in such a manner. Mate, im a muslim, and I would never even think of reacting in your manner. Your a cool person, and i think you should stay, but if your willing to leave for something as trivial as this i cannot respect that.

Not everything about this forum is LBA. LBA came out 12 years ago, and there arnt that many topics to dicsuss regarding it.

Offtopic have always had topics that offended other people. I dont react this way when person A or B have said in the past they want war waged on my people, i still like them despite that. And that my dear friend is far more serious than person A or B joking about being gay lovers. Other people on the forum have tolerated me saying things about their country, and their people, and me wishing them ill will, but we still talk! So its silly to get offended by such things.

Despite everyone here's views, i still like you all. I think thats the way it should be. Check your PM in a while.

edit: I heard JJ got infraction points for something he said in this thread. Honestly, my personal oppinion is, they are not waranted, as nothing he has said seems to be that offensive. Also, what schitzn has said may also seem equally offensive on the part of other members. Please re-consider (the moderator who issued the points) your decision.
Old 2006-08-19, 19:38
Magic Ball Master

Thank you, my lover!

Old 2006-08-20, 02:40
Still in a dream...

I have no time for people who make a big deal of leaving.

You leaving? Fuck off then. What point is there making a thread and then undoubtebly coming back a few days later?
Old 2006-08-20, 03:58

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Eh. While I agree that goodbye threads are pointless, you shouldn't cuss him out like that.

He did give thanks to peeps who've chatted with him, etc.
Old 2006-08-20, 10:28
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
Eh. While I agree that goodbye threads are pointless, you shouldn't cuss him out like that.

He did give thanks to peeps who've chatted with him, etc.
Yeah? He could have easily PMed/MSN'd or whatever those who he felt needed to know or those who were his friends, not broadcast it to everyone else. Not really "cussin him out" either. I just don't really care.

Same way I don't care that someone is going on holiday for 3 days and feels the need to tell everyone. I doubt they'd be even noticed, tbh.
Old 2006-08-20, 10:58
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Whatever, I'm going to miss him. He was one of the members who made a good company of the MBN.

Pandy> About PMing, I regard him as a real "someone". But since I assume he doesn't directly recognize me, he surely wouldn't PM me if he chose that method instead of this thread. Don't I deserve to know his actions?
Old 2006-08-20, 12:29
Magic Ball Master

Cya-threads are not stupid or lame in any way if you ask me...

Returning after one of those threads is plain stupid

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2006-08-20, 12:39
.II

Send a message via MSN to .TakaM
yeah Ive been thinking people here arent racist enough for my tastes.. so I think I'll leave too
Old 2006-08-20, 18:06
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
Quote:
"but not to support a forum board that allows this much freedom of discussion"
"RULE# 1024-GH : Dr. schitzn reminds you that it is absolutely forbidden to make any allusion whatsoever to the so called Homosexuality."
Old 2006-08-20, 19:06
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy View Post
I have no time for people who make a big deal of leaving.

You leaving? Fuck off then. What point is there making a thread and then undoubtebly coming back a few days later?
Also a good example of freedom of expression.
Old 2006-08-20, 19:26
Magic Ball Master

Wow, a lot of kerfuffle here. I'm a bit late to this and I don't think I'm going to offer anything revalatory, but here's my 2 cents. Firstly, this being an internet forum, if you see something that you don't like, you have the handy ability to not read it. If hardcore anal sex isn't your thing (Prude!), then that's no skin off anyone's nose. There are certain things that I don't find hugely interesting on this forum, but I realise that others do so I just don't read them instead of barging in and having a go. However you might say that this isn't hugely relevant, as the offensiveness of Axx's thread is the matter of concern here. However, if you read over the thread I think you can see that it's not at all serious and the stuff that's been said isn't very explicit at all, it's just people having some fun goofing around. Besides, jokey batshit threads are, at least for me, a core part of what makes the MBN forums so unique and great. They were around when I joined some three years ago and before that as well. And I can only hope that there will be just as many in the forum's future.