Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2006-11-19, 17:08
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless View Post
Do not worry people, Axx has already discussed the matter with the senator.
Ah, all's good then.
Old 2006-11-20, 14:03
LBA 3 r we the waiting!

Thats brilliant news. I was starting to think Axx had disappeared off the face of the earth.

Or sank in a huge deep pit of of revision and coursework!!!
Old 2006-11-20, 17:44
Master of Science & Magic

the earth has a face?
Old 2006-11-20, 18:21
Do the evolution.

Yeah, with this strange smirk going on there, it's time we whipe it out...
Old 2006-11-22, 01:17
Trippin Alien

Yeah, Mother nature and him are both smart arses

Old 2006-11-22, 02:13
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
Thats brilliant news. I was starting to think Axx had disappeared off the face of the earth.

Or sank in a huge deep pit of of revision and coursework!!!
Precisly

Dunno when. I was working on it the other day, will do some more work, its an epic articles and i have a project deadline in 2 weeks which im shitting bricks from.
Old 2006-11-25, 14:09
doin' it for the lulz!

this is pretty exciting, i can't wait to hear more!
Old 2006-11-27, 21:52
Magic Level: Green Ball

It saddens me to say this but LBA3 will never happen, yes there was an original fanbase, but basically the 300 odd active members here are the only real one's left, a company will not make a game for the odd 1000 who want to play it, it isn't financially viable. Secondly, I would rather LBA was maintained as a classic game, than it to be recreated as a completley differrent game, just to grab consumers, LBA I and II are classic and in a way the 3rd game could spoil it ala Monkey Island III + IV. There was so much promise with the live chat with Fred, but the LBA3 campaign forum is deserted, Fred hasn't spoken to anyone for months, and Axx the main man in the campaign is not getting any more info.

As much as I want it to be made by Fred and the original cast, the only way the project will be successful in companies eyes is to have a new cast who can create a game that will appeal to today's gamers, I.E. Twinsen gets a machine gun and anhilates everyone.

Did
Old 2006-11-27, 21:59
Magic Ball Master

You actually can make adventure games nowadays. (The profit doesn't count for making ) A German company did it lately. It's quite good. And I read something about a sequel on the Wikipedia site there.
It's not all stupid ego shooters.
Old 2006-11-28, 10:34
LBA 3 r we the waiting!

Oh ye of little faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didster View Post
It saddens me to say this but LBA3 will never happen

Sorry dude. But learn to read!!!!! Axx told us he has a date. Don't know what for yet but he also said LBA 3 will happen. Wat do you find so hard to understand about that. Just wait maybe a few more weeks and he'll have the site done. We can read the article and then we can all see what Fred has to say. Patience. You'll see
Old 2006-11-28, 10:41
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
I actually have to agree with him. I've been saying this before but Axx and Fred have been telling us LBA3 will come for years now. And an article is just an article. It's not some kind of contract which says it will definatly be made. Also even if they would start working on the game right now it would still take a long time before it's finished.
Old 2006-11-28, 11:40
LBA 3 r we the waiting!

Ive quoted the same comments by Axx that schitzn quoted at the start so hope fully you can understand!!!

[quote=schitzn;294061]

I think youll find that Raynal has a plan of somesort (1-2 weeks till the launch of the new site, you can read all about it there)

lol, hopefull is an understatment. LBA3 will be, I know for a fact, and waiting will be over oneday, and i have that date.

[quote]

Wat part of "LBA 3 will be, I know for a fact, and the waiting will be over oneday, and I have that date." dont you understand
Old 2006-11-28, 18:43
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
dudes stop guessing that it will happen or not .... just wait having no hopes and maybe u'll get a nice surprise rather than being all excited and then finding out it was all in vain ...
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-11-28, 20:07

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I second that. All this whining and celebrating is getting on my nerves.
Old 2006-11-28, 20:13
!!!!!

I third that. And, blah.
Old 2006-11-28, 21:14
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
*yawn*
Old 2006-11-29, 00:13
LBA 3 r we the waiting!

I agree I just don't like people being negetive.
I think we should all keep our words soft and sweet incase we have to eat them later!!!
Old 2006-11-29, 08:25
Polish Pride

Calm down peoples

OK, i haven't been on this site quite as long as most of the people here but there's one thing i do know. Ever since that piece of news from 2002 that Fred and Didier had split and all the whole LBA 3 hopes went down the drain. Then Axx over the years and others chucked in some words of encouragement to get peoples hopes back up and lets face it, it definitely got us all going. Now we have all these people who already lived off those hopes and have forgotten them completely, and lost all hope. The facts are, before we got words of encouragement and we took it too far just to keep interest, but now its starting to pay off. Axx is getting strong evidence in that LBA 3 is actually in the process of being made. Maybe not this very second but patience is indeed a virtue. No need to get agitated about LBA 3 not coming out in the next couple of years, because that is virtually impossible at the moment, especially if you expect it to last in today's world of expectations. The truth is, there hasn't been a good adventure game for a long time now thats really got the players going, and if LBA was given a chance it would strike gold. Long story short, LBA 3 isn't going to come out in the blink of an eye, it needs time, give it a chance. Stop expecting it to come out tomorrow, and the rest of you stop saying it's never going to happen. It's time will come, just be patient.
Old 2006-11-29, 13:03
Trippin Alien

Didster Says
Quote:
but basically the 300 odd active members here are the only real one's left
Theres a lot of fans out there, you'd be surprised the number of people who find this place by fluke all the time and say "OMG! I LOVE THIS GAME, I DIDNT THINK THERE WOULD BE SUCH A WONDERFUL LIVING COMMUNITY FOR THIS GAME" Fact is, the fans over time come and go, just like LethalSwordsman who posted above this post. They pass through, check occasionally, and don't post. Active members, bare in mind are the ones who become involved on the mbn.

I myself, become involed in feb this year, I watched this site for a number of years but never become involved. The news of Fred in December got me hyped up enough to jump shit to mbn.

Btw, well said LethalSwordsman
Old 2006-11-30, 12:58
LBA 3 r we the waiting!

Right on Lethalswordsman. BTW schitzn i hope you meant jump ship.
Old 2006-12-01, 20:41
Bass Boy

Send a message via MSN to Marriro
It takes that Lba 3 between enter of production and q of all certainty
Old 2006-12-02, 22:07
LBA 3 r we the waiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marriro View Post
It takes that Lba 3 between enter of production and q of all certainty
what do you mean? sorry i'm just being slow. you need to speak slowly and in plain english!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-12-15, 12:01
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Exclamation

...continuing from that topic then!

I guess my problem is this: I also found this site by fluke last year, and decided to become involved in the forums later when I saw that news about LBA3. I got really excited and it got my hopes up.

But then nothing happened (and by that I don't mean the game coming out because it takes time, but I mean concrete news), and I also discovered promises about LBA3 and been going on for YEARS...

Yes Axx has met Fred, and yes there is a hope for LBA3. But for a good LBA3? My point is: I don't believe Axx anymore and feel he's just getting our hopes up for nothing.

If he's really got concrete facts and a date, why doesn't he just give them instead of keeping on saying he's so busy etc? It wouldn't take long to at least give a date if he wants to wait to have time to build a big LBA3 website as an announcement...

I think if Fred's mailbox was still active, his story would be a lot less optimistic than Axx's story. I don't want to bring your hopes down, I just don't want Axx to bring our hopes up for nothing...
Old 2006-12-15, 13:16
LBA 3 r we the waiting!

I didn't even think you'd bother dude
Like you i discovered this website be accident earlier this year. I've been really annoyed by the lack of new news on LBA 3 but i'm trying to stay positive.

Look i see the point your trying to make. But the fact is Axx is very busy. Have you ever been to uni? I haven't my self but so many of my friends have. They don't even get a chance to talk on the phone. and when their not working they need time to unwind. To unwind must just go out get drunk and have sex with random people. The last thing you want to spend your relaxation time on is making websites and writing aticles about LBA3. He probly has to write enough essays on whatever course he's doing. He'll reveal the date when he writes the article just give him time. Remember he'll be on his chrismas holidays soon. We may hear something if he's not to busy with family ect. If not it probly wont be till easter. Just wait. The suspense is killing me too!!

(As i said earlier i'm trying to keep my word soft and sweet incase ihave to eat them later!!)
Old 2006-12-15, 13:24
!!!!!

*sigh*