Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2007-02-08, 18:17
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek View Post
And haven't it occured to you, that the same thing makes you sad and and makes the snow fall? Like pressure changes? But no... It's better to go into superstitions...
It did occur to me actually, and still, it matches
Quote:
My body predicts snowfall somehow
Old 2007-02-08, 20:01
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
ahem ... sorry for barging in ... u know there's the all-known science-religion controverse ... now if ur one of the darwin theory adepts and u believe in the BIG BANG and in the eveolution of a human from a primate and such , u'll soon discover yoga and u'll tend to think that ur like an unknown source of energy which can achieve the impossible only by thought and that u can manipulate matter and shit .... and even though u see people move objects or bending forks , please ignore it ... conspiracy or not , thinking that this world is governed by unknown principles and that we are being held under strict stupidity will only make u go further into BULLSHIT .... have faith people and not in zodiacs and shits , but in GOD !!! faith is all .... they think they get their energy from stars or crystals , I get it from GOD !!! when they are sick , let them heal with the crystals ... GOD will heal me if HE wants ... if not , HE must have a reason ... either way , stop the twinshit and BELIEVE though you haven't seen ... that is what true faith is and I don't want to sound like a sectant or anything
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-02-08, 20:04
!!!!!

Ok.

What?
Old 2007-02-08, 20:24
Twinsunian Quetch

SUM UP : have faith in God
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-02-08, 20:32
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
SUM UP : have faith in God

Edit:
Why do you wan't to live for someone else? Live for yourself, have faith in yourself, grab the day, live with the momment.
And stop all that preaching, damn some people need distance.

Anyway, the views on God, of every existing religion are very naive and simplistic.

Last edited by Jasiek; 2007-02-08 at 20:41. Reason: Added some smart stuff.
Old 2007-02-08, 20:34
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
You convinced me, I'll be religious from now on.

Anyway, I just want to point out that I attended a lecture whose purpose was to summarize the ideas of quantum physics, and the lecture said nothing about manipulating the universe with your mind, or some shit like that.

In fact, at the end of the lecture, the professor pointed out that if anybody hears somebody using the term "quantum physics" in relation to manipulating matter or energy, healing and stuff like that is a fucking fraud.

Schitzn, I suggest you read some popular science books about Quantum Physics, like I have, and see for yourself that it has absolutely nothing to do with the things you mentioned in your post.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2007-02-08, 20:38
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
have faith in God
I have faith my big toe doesn't fall off my foot any time soon
Old 2007-02-08, 20:55
Twinsunian Quetch

why is it that every time somebody posts stupid stuff , he gets "away" with it , not to mention he brings 100 posts and starts a controversed discussion , but as soon as somebody mentions GOD , everybody makes fun , saying blabla stuff and looking at it like at a damn superstition of some sort ?
Old 2007-02-08, 21:06
Do the evolution.

Quote:
why is it that every time somebody posts stupid stuff , he gets "away" with it , not to mention he brings 100 posts and starts a controversed discussion , but as soon as somebody mentions GOD , everybody makes fun , saying blabla stuff and looking at it like at a damn superstition of some sort ?
No.
It's like that, becouse of the childish and naive way people perceive God, and becouse of the way they "preach" about it, and would like to "convert" anyone around them. I personally can never see a difference in the "preaching" of a sect person and a "official church" person, it all sounds like brainwashed bollocks. If there is God, there isn't possibly a single thing you can say about Him/Her/It, becouse a thing that has charachteristics of any sort, like love, compassion, anger, cannot be the "ultimate" reason of being, becouse of the fact it has "charachteristics" and it can be "divided" into smaller parts. When I hear stuff like "God is Love", "God loves you" I whanna burst out laughing, becouse there's nothing you can say about God, and if there isn't anything you can say about God, talking about how a inconceivable being changed your life makes you sound funny.
Old 2007-02-08, 21:16
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Yes, it's silly trying to "convert" people. Why would "GOD"/"HE" (not a she then Quetch?) care whether people pray for "him" if he doesn't even (for example) care about Jews when thousands and thousands are being killed (am trying, but doing badly, to refer to holocaust)
Old 2007-02-08, 21:17

Quote:
pot ... kettle...

http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/

prove me wrong
Old 2007-02-08, 21:23
Twinsunian Quetch

now I didn't read the full page but WTF ??? is that serious or just someone's bluff cause he was bored ?
Old 2007-02-08, 21:30
Do the evolution.

Quote:
now I didn't read the full page but WTF ??? is that serious or just someone's bluff cause he was bored ?
You don't know The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Shame on you.
And I just wrote you a perfectly good reason why people act like you described, and you didn't even comment!
Pfft! I am not speaking to you any more!
Old 2007-02-08, 21:39
Twinsunian Quetch

wtf .... Jasiek and Dan2552's post appeared just now let me read Jas and I'll reply
Old 2007-02-08, 21:39
!!!!!

Quote:
Spoiler:
The Secret is that the true god is the flying Spaghetti Monster, and his angles are the pony tooth fairies
Old 2007-02-08, 21:40
!!!!!

Quote:
You don't know The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster? Shame on you.
And I just wrote you a perfectly good reason why people act like you described, and you didn't even comment!
Pfft! I am not speaking to you any more!
OMG you damn damn damn, aehmm

no.

I thought of flying Spaghetti Monster and this is the reason you posted it before me. MY MIND!!~
Old 2007-02-08, 21:44
Twinsunian Quetch

oh , good point there Jas BUT God doesn't HAVE characteristics ! He somehow represents the ultimate level of those chars ... the good ones I mean ... so he doesn't exactly LOVE ... He IS the supreme love ... I know how this sounds ... like a preacher or something but I really mean it ... oh and about sounding funny well when u hear a sectant , HE IS brainwashed ... but when I sound funny it's because the brainwash thing u tend to sense is in fact that belief which requires no evidence ... so no , I am not brainwashed and programmed to believe ... I do because I want to and it gives me all the necessary things in order to keep on living
Old 2007-02-08, 21:47
Do the evolution.

Well, actually the idea is, if God is inconcievable, then he might as well be a Flying Spaghetti Monster and it is as viable as the Old Man with Beard God.

And for the rest, well, no. All you can say about God, if you say he exists, is that he(using "he" to avoid confusion ) is. If he would be a sum, he could be still divided. Furthermore, concepts like love and hate, are not opposites, they are jsut different states, so if God was a sum of them, it wouldn't make him all loving, ergo they are just human made concepts, wich have nothing to do with the absolute. If you look closely, at the only single thing that binds all humans, it's not love or hate, concepts of good and bad, but sheer survival -> to Be, then if you tkae the sentence that God created man in his image, and the only thing you can say about God is that he is, then it would mean that the nly thing that comes from God is our existance, but all other things that make us, our personalities and concepts are all made by us.

Last edited by Jasiek; 2007-02-08 at 21:54.
Old 2007-02-08, 21:54
Twinsunian Quetch

whenever I tend to derive into such mind-boggling discussions , I try and remember one thing ... that we are rational , thus limited , while HE is infinite , inconcievable for our human and limited mind so struggle all we want , we'll end up full circle in pure stupidity
Old 2007-02-08, 21:56
!!!!!

So god is Cthulhu?

(note: by this point, I don't actually know what I'm talking about)
Old 2007-02-08, 21:56
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Well, actually the idea is, if God is inconcievable, then he might as well be a Flying Spaghetti Monster and it is as viable as the Old Man with Beard God.

I actually said something like that in an argument about god once, except
I said "I believe eggplants are planning to take over the world, you believe in God, there's equal evidence for both options"
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2007-02-08, 22:46
formerly just angry

How do these always end up in a religion slanging match? can someone link to the last time we had this debate...
Old 2007-02-08, 22:49
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_monkey View Post
How do these always end up in a religion slanging match? can someone link to the last time we had this debate...
Ask your god to go find it!

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-02-08, 23:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_angry_monkey View Post
How do these always end up in a religion slanging match?
the forum is a reflection of the world
Old 2007-02-09, 02:46
Trippin Alien

Quote:
I just watched the movie, this was truly a brilliant spark of motivation. (no sarcasm intended)
The idea is absolutely true, I've seen it happening myself and to other people. But I'm not rushing to say "the law of attraction" is really the way they describe it. I think they just offered it in an "easy to get" form in the movie.
Agreed Chaosfish, it promotes positive thinking, and the truth in that theory alone can be reflected in the many quotes I outlined in my first entry.

By living in a state of belief of having something already, your attitudes and imagination assist you to find a path to help you achieve what you forsee to happen.

Chaosfish summed it up nicely, its a brilliant piece of motivation. Im using it as a means to reprogram my thinking by watching it daily to change the way I intend to achieve my own goals in life.