Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2007-12-18, 21:49
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Twinsen - White TShirt

did u guys know that originaly, Twinsen had a white T-Shirt ??? I mean in LBA2 of course here

also, u can download the mod be sure to check the README.TXT !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lba0.jpg‎
Views:	1408
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	7215   Click image for larger version

Name:	lba1.jpg‎
Views:	1457
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	7216  
Attached Files
File Type: zip LBA2_WTSM.zip‎ (428.7 KB, 502 views)
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles

Last edited by Quetch; 2007-12-19 at 11:04.
Old 2007-12-18, 21:51
Magic Level: Fire Ball

No he did not, in my version, Twinsen had a black shirt with thin white spots on it.
Old 2007-12-18, 22:13
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitiflake View Post
No he did not, in my version, Twinsen had a black shirt with thin white spots on it.
But he was supposed to wear it. All preview images show him in a white shirt. Also, he's still seen like that in the intro, looks like they had no time to fix it:

@Quetch: Nice work, looks like you edited either the model or the screenshot.
Old 2007-12-18, 22:23
You what?!

Does he wear white in the demo?
I never played it.
Old 2007-12-18, 22:27
Twinsunian Quetch

1) the LBA2 preview had Twinsen with this TShirt
2) I've edited the model's texture, not the screenshot
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-12-18, 22:36
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarii View Post
Does he wear white in the demo?
I never played it.
As far as I recall, he only wears the tunic in the demo. But he can be seen on the white short in preview (≠ demo) shots like this and this and this. All of these screenshots are also interesting in another way though, each one for itself.
Old 2007-12-18, 23:31
Father of Shoda

I knew that, if you look on the pictures in the gallery you will see pics of twinsen in a white shirt, probably from the beta stage or something.

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2007-12-19, 10:04
You what?!

Yes, I'd seen it before as well, I just wondered if there was some sort of demo where you could take screenshots like that or if they were public release for advertising or something.
Old 2007-12-19, 10:16
Banned

I haven't seen that white tshirt in LBA2.
Old 2007-12-19, 10:35
You what?!

It's not in LBA2, but we suspect that it was originally intended to be.
Old 2007-12-19, 10:38
You what?!

Well he does look a bit chubby.
Old 2007-12-19, 11:02
Twinsunian Quetch

I've edited my first post and the news should appear after El will approve it ( if he will ) ... so check the download
Old 2007-12-19, 17:16
You what?!

You submitted this as news? Why?
This is nothing new as it were, and most people know already.
Old 2007-12-19, 17:24
Father of Shoda

yeah, I mean, how old aren't those photos in the gallery

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2007-12-19, 17:34
Twinsunian Quetch

uhm ... did u ever get the chance to actually PLAY with it ?
Old 2007-12-19, 18:41
Mathemagician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
uhm ... did u ever get the chance to actually PLAY with it ?
You mean for all the five minutes it takes to get the tunic? Plus, his other shirt is much cooler, and it actually makes sense that after being cought in a rainstorm like that Twinsen may actually change his shirt. You don't want to come down with pneumonia while saving the world, do you?
Old 2007-12-19, 22:30
Neko

Hey c'mon it's easy to bash people.

I don't play lba anymore, but playing in white shirt must be pretty funny

it looks much better too
Old 2007-12-19, 22:36
Twinsunian Quetch

thanks jesse I've always wanted to be able to make a LBA mod but not after my taste, but how it was supposed to be, how it's right ... so when I saw that Twinsen was wearing a white tshirt ... BANG came the idea so ... here I am making this fun little patch
Old 2007-12-19, 22:49
Magic Ball Master

Wow next will be Twinsen with the MBN-Shirt??
Old 2007-12-19, 22:54
Twinsunian Quetch

I can make that u know
Old 2007-12-19, 23:13
You what?!

That would be news.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:16
Magic Ball Master

I know you can that's why I posted it
Old 2007-12-19, 23:17
!!!!!

It can't hurt to have the MBN front page updated more often, I guess.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:29
Twinsunian Quetch

yeah but the only wrong thing about Twinsen wearing a MBN T-Shirt would be that ... well since the texture is using a box-mapping method, the MBN logo would appear on the front, back, near the collar and belt and also on the sleeves and I can't do anything about that cause this is how the engine is mapping the texture on a model
Old 2007-12-20, 09:16
a big Mooo to you all :-)

Um, okay. Ah guys I have something to ask you but first...
In the version of Twinsen I had he had a dark shirt at the start although, yes the introduction did have him with a white. Then it was Tunic from then on.......
But in my version, I was a bit confused. I am looking at my CD case of Twinsen's Odyssey now and I see a tiny picture of Twinsen wearing a white shirt standing at the harbour. It's the same pic that Kobold attached which was in the 6th post on this thread, (up the page, and the 1st 'this' link.)
Anyway, My game doesn't have the white shirt, and in this picture it does, and it also has the old ferry in the background. Now in my version, I NEVER once see the old ferry, its just the new yellow one. Yet on my cd case it has that picture too with the old ferry. So I was wondering, in versions of LBA2 with Twinsen first wearing a white shirt, is there the old ferry? Do you get to use it?
One other thing (sorry to get off-topic kind-of) but one other picture that Kobold attached at the top of the page (2nd 'this' link) has a picture of Twinsen, yes wearing a white shirt, but again in the background there is Zoe with Dino-Fly injured. Except Dino-Fly isn't behind the house on the hill. He is on flat ground, in front of the house, or at least, the direction facing Lupin-Bourg, kind-of. So whats with these pics? Is the white shirt version of LBA2 a bit different, concerning the two points with dino-fly and the ferry i have just covered. Is it real? Or is it just a fake pic?