Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 2009-11-13, 18:34
ChaosFish's Avatar
ChaosFish ChaosFish is offline
!!!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Viking Mothership, Earth Simulator
Posts: 20,146
Double-J's signature

I think the line should be drawn at actually using a photo of a dead body as a signature.

It doesn't matter if it's a child, an adult, or an animal; and it doesn't matter if it's a stupid joke or a political statement or even just a memorial thing. It makes me sick to my stomach and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Stop raping the MBN, Double-J.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2009-11-13, 18:59
Lightwing Lightwing is offline
.
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 6,688
Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
I didn't even notice that there was such a picture in his sig until you pointed it out.

Now that I look at it closely, it appears to be a dead baby?

I suppose now that I have seen it I would have to cast my vote to get the sig removed or redone. Otherwise, I love DJ and would let him get behind me any day of the week and thrust repeatedly.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2009-11-13, 19:24
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,968
Wah wah. Cry some more, Ido.

Seriously, I figured being a Jew, the hentai Nazi would piss you off more than Japanese atrocities against Chinese children in 1937 and their "superior" culture.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2009-11-13, 20:08
elmuerte's Avatar
elmuerte elmuerte is offline
Master of Science & Magic
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 8,181
I've got to ask. Is there message you want to put forth, is there any point? Or are you simply trying to be obnoxious?

Because it looks like you are try to see how far you can go. (With this signature, and the previous one).

This one is even worse, because it looks like a glorification of what happened.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2009-11-13, 20:20
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,968
It is intentional. Obras keeps telling me how Japan is "superior," and I though I'd use a piece of reverse propaganda for my ironic device.

I'm trying to teach him a history lesson, much like the last one. Yet Nazi hentai went right over his head.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2009-11-13, 20:23
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
I was wondering the same. I can't say i'm really bothered by the sig, but i also can't find any message or point to the whole thing. It's not even funny.

It's clear to everyone that OBrasilo's opinions aren't to be taken seriously, so what is it you're trying to prove? why are you even arguing with him?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2009-11-13, 20:28
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,968
Tell you what. You guys choose, I don't want to cause a controversy with the rest of the forum. My hyperbole is merely meant as a foil.

Here is my alternate:

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2009-11-13, 20:31
Kobold's Avatar
Kobold Kobold is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,234
The by far best option of the MBN is:
User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options -> Visible Post Elements -> Show Signatures OFF.
And if you need to get important information from somebody's signature (e.g. the links to all those modding tools), you can still view the signature of that person in their profile.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2009-11-13, 20:33
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,968
Given that most people seem to have an issue with the content, I've already changed to the alternate to avoid any further controversy on this issue.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2009-11-13, 20:56
LtDemolition's Avatar
LtDemolition LtDemolition is offline
LBA2 Maestro
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,020
Seems like JJ now has a new anti-Japanese culture sig.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2009-11-13, 21:42
ChaosFish's Avatar
ChaosFish ChaosFish is offline
!!!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Viking Mothership, Earth Simulator
Posts: 20,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
Wah wah. Cry some more, Ido.

Seriously, I figured being a Jew, the hentai Nazi would piss you off more than Japanese atrocities against Chinese children in 1937 and their "superior" culture.
Seriously, you're like a real life equivalent of Eric Cartman... it's staggering.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2009-11-13, 22:17
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
irlol!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2009-11-14, 00:16
Carajo's Avatar
Carajo Carajo is offline
this's longer than allowe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chile
Posts: 792
Man this is internet, get a life and stop traying to show your superiority to the rest in an internet forum. that's just boring and uncool
__________________
Parece algo poco serio la verdad, poco lo es en estos dias, no lo creo, veo y no puede ser!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9atTosREME
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2009-11-14, 13:11
Kobold's Avatar
Kobold Kobold is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_matrox View Post
Man this is internet, get a life and stop traying to show your superiority to the rest in an internet forum. that's just boring and uncool
The only person he wants to address is Battler.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2009-11-14, 18:09
LtDemolition's Avatar
LtDemolition LtDemolition is offline
LBA2 Maestro
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
The only person he wants to address is Battler.
That's obvious.
Remember it already is 1-0 for JJ.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 2009-11-14, 21:52
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
But the question is what satisfaction does one derive from proving you're smarter than a person who clearly has mental issues?

Yes double-j, you are smarter than a mentally ill person. congratulations.
you need not convince us that he's wrong, we already know.
you need not display your contempt for him by mocking him, that is childish.

ever heard of picking on someone your own size?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2009-11-15, 01:45
LethalSwordsMan's Avatar
LethalSwordsMan LethalSwordsMan is offline
Polish Pride
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Australia, Vic
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtDemolition View Post
That's obvious.
Remember it already is 1-0 for JJ.
I thought we'd already established it was something more like JJ: 4 Obras: -4



Hmmm, I missed the controversial sig, this one seems to fit the bill though...

I must say though, throwing in a dead body is a bit over the top and that really is stooping down to Obras's level (pointing out a valid argument, which is however completely irrelevant and unjust as a means to show your point).

It's like using his 'Nazi's killed Jews justifies Israel killing Palestinians' argument, except instead you're going with the 'Japan committed these atrocities, which means they aren't superior to USA'.

However I disagree with critics who say mocking Obras for stupidity (which pops up A LOT), because occurs on such a constant basis, not doing so would in fact be reverse prejudice (as in acting unfairly in the sense his flaws are deliberately ignored and we act like they don't exist).

Hiding behind his 'immaturity syndorome' is like a rich kid saying, 'you can't be mean to me, or my daddy will fire your daddy!'.

That said theres no need to refer to actually offensive/potentially offensive material, seeing as there is plenty out there already which kind've blows up his arguments in his face, as seen with your current sig.

Can't judge though since I never got to see the bad sig, but this one's pretty funny
__________________
Falling back to the way,
things were before we had a dream,
Broken inside,
not knowing when to laugh or cry,
Break the surface,
and tell me what you really see,
When did we stop believing?
When did we say goodbye?
_______________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2009-11-15, 11:00
LtDemolition's Avatar
LtDemolition LtDemolition is offline
LBA2 Maestro
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalSwordsMan View Post
Can't judge though since I never got to see the bad sig, but this one's pretty funny
Huh, what are you talking about? the bad sig?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2009-11-15, 11:03
ChaosFish's Avatar
ChaosFish ChaosFish is offline
!!!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Viking Mothership, Earth Simulator
Posts: 20,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
But the question is what satisfaction does one derive from proving you're smarter than a person who clearly has mental issues?

Yes double-j, you are smarter than a mentally ill person. congratulations.
you need not convince us that he's wrong, we already know.
you need not display your contempt for him by mocking him, that is childish.

ever heard of picking on someone your own size?
Congrats, you just sank lower than Double-J.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2009-11-15, 12:36
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,809
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Congrats, you just sank lower than Double-J.
yes, how dare i say what everyone is already thinking anyway, i'm such a bad man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 2009-11-15, 12:49
LtDemolition's Avatar
LtDemolition LtDemolition is offline
LBA2 Maestro
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
yes, how dare i say what everyone is already thinking anyway, i'm such a bad man.
You just sank back to JJ's level.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2009-11-15, 13:37
ChaosFish's Avatar
ChaosFish ChaosFish is offline
!!!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Viking Mothership, Earth Simulator
Posts: 20,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
yes, how dare i say what everyone is already thinking anyway, i'm such a bad man.
I'm not thinking that.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2009-11-15, 18:10
LBAWinOwns's Avatar
LBAWinOwns LBAWinOwns is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sweden
Posts: 5,418
Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Can you post that sigpic again? I wanna see what I missed.
__________________

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2009-11-15, 19:12
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,754
Shall we leave diagnosis of mental health to the experts?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2009-11-15, 23:48
elmuerte's Avatar
elmuerte elmuerte is offline
Master of Science & Magic
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 8,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
It is intentional. Obras keeps telling me how Japan is "superior," and I though I'd use a piece of reverse propaganda for my ironic device.
I hate to break it to you, but they are. Silent library is proof of that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jew egg

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lba signature lba07 Fan Art 4 2009-09-11 05:21
new signature rules elmuerte The site and forum 24 2005-09-01 00:05
A Signature Sai Fan Art 12 2004-09-07 21:15
My signature... Evil-Twinsen Off topic 11 2003-01-25 12:04
new signature Neko Off topic 6 2000-12-31 18:02


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:58.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, the Magicball Network