Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2012-10-02, 20:18
Magic Level: Purple Ball

Wait, in the third quote I meant the wiki at wikia, not the knowledge base. The KB counted with three people adding a lot of info as soon as it started, that's really good. In the other hand, the wiki only had one contributor that although it added good info, didn't last long, and only eddited a couple of articles.

I think a wiki could have a challenge database, I mean, not all must be useful information, there can also be stuff that adds fun to the game. There could be a category that would be challenges with an article for every challenge...

I don't know, maybe we could make MBN host the Twinsunica and move all our info there, or move the info to the wiki at wikia (which needs more administrators and such), or we could create something new that is part of the MBN, and move all the info there.
Old 2012-10-02, 20:32
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvatoor View Post
Wait, in the third quote I meant the wiki at wikia, not the knowledge base. The KB counted with three people adding a lot of info as soon as it started, that's really good. In the other hand, the wiki only had one contributor that although it added good info, didn't last long, and only eddited a couple of articles.

I think a wiki could have a challenge database, I mean, not all must be useful information, there can also be stuff that adds fun to the game. There could be a category that would be challenges with an article for every challenge...

I don't know, maybe we could make MBN host the Twinsunica and move all our info there, or move the info to the wiki at wikia (which needs more administrators and such), or we could create something new that is part of the MBN, and move all the info there.
Yes, that's what I meant as well. If your wikia didn't have much success, I hope the KB will. Regardless of any future success of that wiki, I suggest scraping it's info and pasting it into the KB. Just so the info is hosted by the MBN, not that a wiki solution isn't better.

Your last idea about "something new ... part of the MBN" is the best idea so far... But this will take a lot of time from the admins I assume. I'd sooner choose for including the Twinsunica into the MBN. The wikia is in its best not the right place for us to serve the information, eventhough the most convenient.

But lets continue this discussion in the right place, the KB Management Discussion. This thread should stay ontopic about the character's portraits, as you have rightfully declared in your own OP.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2012-10-04, 09:47
Magic Ball GrandMaster

So, do you have more character portraits?

At the moment we're aware of missing one for:
  • Bat
  • Dr. FunFrock (not Dark Monk)
  • Moya
  • Protection Spell Guardian
  • Undead Skeleton

It would be awesome if you could add these for us

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Old 2012-10-04, 20:20

I never did FunFrock and the skeleton because there already were the red frame pictures, but I could do it. (Images from LBA, LBA2 or both?)
Moya is going to be hard though, because he/she is partially submerged, maybe it could be done from a screenshot
and the bat... I don't remember seeing the model... Maybe the viewer didn't work entirely, After certain number of model it stopped working and I had to close it, I thought it was because there were no models left, but I don't know. I'll check it out as soon as I can, maybe it was under the same model as other but in a different style
Old 2012-10-04, 21:23
<3 MP

Quote:
I never did FunFrock and the skeleton because there already were the red frame pictures, but I could do it. (Images from LBA, LBA2 or both?)
Moya is going to be hard though, because he/she is partially submerged, maybe it could be done from a screenshot
and the bat... I don't remember seeing the model... Maybe the viewer didn't work entirely, After certain number of model it stopped working and I had to close it, I thought it was because there were no models left, but I don't know. I'll check it out as soon as I can, maybe it was under the same model as other but in a different style
I would do both. We're working one the LBA2 knowledgebase currently but we will need them for LBA1 also, when we get that far.
Old 2012-10-05, 09:12
LBA2 Maestro

Quote:
Im pretty sure this is a model viewer issue, as there has to be a model for the Bat. It's a LBA2 body just like all other characters.
Old 2012-10-06, 17:42
Magic Ball GrandMaster

That's it, Zeelichian is right.
We'd really appreciate it if you could help to finish all the frames both LBA1 and 2

You can look at the quote at the bottom of this post to check out which ones are still missing, and I'll try to keep it up to date. There may appear new ones every now and then though, as we haven't put together all characters yet.

Quote:
I haven't seen any red frames, can I see what you're referring to?

And thanks for all the frames so far, they are really great!

Old 2012-10-09, 05:05

I made some more portraits:

The bat was there alright, I just had forgotten about it

oh, these were the pictures I was talking about:

there are several of them, I don't know who made them though
Old 2012-10-09, 05:19

Spacesuit guards already have their own portraits! They are on the official LBA site, under "Emerald Moon". Or maybe you were referring to others?
Old 2012-10-09, 08:49
LBA2 Maestro

Awesome! These are the ones we needed.
Old 2012-10-09, 14:35
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Those red ones I've never seen before... We can't use them though.

What do you mean with official LBA site? It may be just me, but aren't we..?
Hmm, if you could give me a link to the one you're referring to, there might be stuff in there that could well add to the collection of my Twinsunica download anyway.

Your new portraits are very nice! We'll attach them to their entries soon, thanks.

I've been exploring Twinsun and Zeelich recently in my memory, and I just discovered there are an incredible amount of characters and enemies left, that we haven't listed yet. I haven't even added them to the notes section of the Characters thread, but a few examples:

-Dog in Franco Village
-Two kids in the Wannie Chapel next to Mr. Monk
-Kid in room next to Annie the housemaid
-Wannies around Wannie Village
-Wannie miners in Wannies Mine (besides Alfred)
-Green version of the SBI
-Green and Yellow Franco skaters
-Walking tanks on Citadel and Desert Island
-the four kids in the Citadel Schoolhouse
-old guy and woman in hacienda, drinking
-hacienda keeper
-grobo guy in men's steambath
-grobo and rabbibunny in women's steambath
-guy behind balloon tent in Temple Park
-police cop in Temple Park
-attendant at entrance Temple Park
-Inter-Islands Ferry quetch guy who sells the tickets on Citadel, and the grobo one on Desert Island
-shop keeper in Port Ludo

...All just nameless people I guess, but still.

Old 2012-10-09, 15:08

This is the page I meant:
http://www.littlebigadventure2.com/lba2/
I think it is where the portraits originally came from, and from where we know several character names that aren't named in the game.

There is another official site but it isn't very good:
http://www.littlebigadventure2.com/to/

Both pages are mirrored by the MBN because they don't exist anymore. They are on the links category on the MBN
Old 2012-10-09, 18:46
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Wow, there isn't much on those websites. Either that, or the links to all pictures are broken. Every one of them is thumbnail only

At least now I know where you got the spacesuit from
But there isn't any material left that the KB could use.

Old 2012-10-09, 19:09

Hmmm that's weird.. I can still see the pictures
Old 2012-10-09, 21:02
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Well, I can see them too, but only as thumbnails. If you click the first link you posted above, hit Pictures and then Screenshots, I can only view them as thumbnails but cannot click them or anything. There are no larger versions. Where are they?

Old 2012-10-10, 01:18

Oh, yeah those don't work, but if you go to family and click on a planet or a character the portraits appear
Old 2012-10-10, 09:16
Magic Ball GrandMaster

That's right, those do work. I already adjusted some of the names for certain characters that still needed translation or something. I think all of our own characternames are fine now. If you do notice a name that just isn't right, just tell us.

I believe we now have all of the portraits from that site, right?

What do you think of the new design for the Characters? I just recently added lots of new info to every one, like gender, hostility and attack styles. For some things I don't know what to fill in, so I used "Unknown", and wherever I think something should be filled in that I don't know, I used an ellipsis (...). Please tell me if anyone happens to come across something they can fill in for me

Old 2012-10-10, 14:22

I like what you added! It has some troubles when the right column is longer than the left column though, but it's easily fixed by filling the left column with empty space
Old 2012-10-10, 14:31
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Thanks!
Do you mean that when the right column is longer than the left, the quote doesn't move down?

I already solved that by inserting a 100% wide ruler below the columns, did you notice?
It should have the effect that anything below the columns is now automatically forced down the horizontal line.
It might not be true for every browser though, could you tell me if it isn't?

Old 2012-10-10, 20:17

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	9325
This is how I see Twinsen's page using firefox
Old 2012-10-10, 21:13
Magic Ball GrandMaster

This is bad, I actually thought I solved it. Should have tested it in other browsers in the first place, I knew this was going to happen. It's the FLOAT feature, basically different browsers treat it differently and I knew that.

You're right that it can be solved easily using linebreaks, but I wanted to eliminate it. I'm having troubles with linebreaks at the moment using different operating systems.

I'm working on a solution right now, thanks for pointing it out.

Old 2012-10-10, 22:10
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Alright, I've solved the problem partially with Twinsen's entry.
I just removed the horizontal rule, so it doesn't render through the right column anymore. But the "Quote:" string is still all the way up just below the images.

I'm thinking about using the empty area for something else at some point, so it will go down anyway. I don't know what to put there though.

How does it look now? I've only updated Twinsen's character entry yet, as I've used this all around the KB already.

After having investigated the matter with the other major browsers, these are the only options:
-Use Chrome
-Remove the "Quote:" caption from the BBcode source
-Add a new BBcode for a fieldset, because these don't interfere with floating stuff
-Add a "table" BBcode for more flexible columns
-Turn on HTML for the KB (how I'd love that anyway )
-Use a wiki with tables

Last edited by J McKalling; 2012-10-10 at 22:33.
Old 2012-10-11, 02:20

there's no line now. It looks good! Just the "quote:" being far away from the actual quote, but it's no biggie
Old 2012-10-11, 12:24
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Ok, great!

I've now updated all of the KB threads to display well in FireFox now.
I had to move stuff around, change my use of rulers, and I also took the opportunity to insert a(n empty) spoiler container in every entry.

What do you think?

Old 2012-10-11, 17:19
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Thinking about the "Monster" category, I think it should be changed. I've changed it in the TOC to show what I mean.

The bat, firefly, fish-bull, tralü, spell guardian and skeleton are just "creatures", who happen to be hostile towards Twinsen. Does this necessarily mean they are monsters? They are just enemy creatures to me. And the left over "monsters" Dark Monk, GhazKhul le Grand and Money-Monkey are all only otherworldly enemy boss characters. Right?

I just think the term Monster is a bit ignorant to their race and exaggerates the fact they are simply hostile. What do you think about this, before I update all the monster entries again?