Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2013-08-07, 17:32
Pim! Pim!

Twinsen drugs

hey everybody!!
i recently supported a friend which got a bit too much into various drugs (marijuana, cocaine), she's being taken care of now and i hope she'll be ok soon.
i wanted to ask you guys what's your opinion (and possibly experience) about drugs, and also if you think they should be legalized
Old 2013-08-07, 19:02
Magic Ball GrandMaster

IMHO I think all kinds of drugs should be illegalised, legal medicines as well, unless by doctor's prescription.
Because our people are more and more falling back to using medicine if they just feel like having a headache or something, instead of curing their weak minds with mental stabilisation.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2013-08-07, 20:29
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by J McKalling View Post
IMHO I think all kinds of drugs should be illegalised, legal medicines as well, unless by doctor's prescription.
Because our people are more and more falling back to using medicine if they just feel like having a headache or something, instead of curing their weak minds with mental stabilisation.
So....if I have a headache it is because I forgot to stabilize my weak mind?
Old 2013-08-07, 21:10
You what?!

Marijuana isn't any worse than alcohol in terms of health risks (afaik), and actually alcohol is probably much worse for social behaviour so I don't see why it shouldn't be legal.

Quote:
While it's true that getting antibiotics for every little thing will reduce their effectiveness overall, not everything is psychological and medicine is doing far more good than harm so this comment is pretty ridiculous. Why should the government decide everything we can and can't do? It's a slippery slope for them to start making everything illegal and frankly if you don't want to use or do something then no one is forcing you to so equally no one should force their own dislikes on everyone else by banning it.

The main concern pharmacologists have right now is that doctors are prescribing medicine courses that aren't being completed which means infections/illnesses aren't going away or they're getting worse, and on top of that the virus is able to fight the antibiotic because there isn't enough in the body to completely destroy the virus.

Everything in moderation anyway.
Old 2013-08-07, 21:31
Magic Ball Master

Marijuana is less addicting than coffee, too. It's ludicrous that it's banned.
Old 2013-08-07, 23:23
Previously Link

Yeah, and it's not proven making marijuana illegal reduces consumption. You'll find a bit of a "rebel" attitude in all the teenagers who try it in France, and the consumption of it is higher here than it is in the Netherlands where it is legal.
Besides, there are a few nasty consequences due to it being illegal:
- Increased criminality (due to shady, uncontrolled distribution networks).
- Dangerous products found in the weed or hash (due to the total absence of a legal frame for controlling production and distribution). For instance, you might find particles of glass in weed which instantly damages lungs heavily and irreversibly when inhaled.

And like Kitarii said, it shouldn't be up to the government to decide everything we can or can't do. I'm not sure I would be in favor of a legalization of all and every drugs though, but at least some of them should be legal.

As for my personal attitude towards drugs: I like to give them a try, for the experience. I tried quite a few of them, but it's never more than a one or two times thing, except for alcohol, which I use quite often.
Old 2013-08-07, 23:38
Magic Ball GrandMaster

While I did say in my honest opinion that, I'd like to see all kinds of drugs banned, I did not mention this is merely a personal opinion, not my suggestion to actually persue. I was asked for my opinion, right? Not for what I wanted to do about it.

And it's true that the negative effects of medicine isn't worth it compared to the positive ones, but while I see that even if a minority of people exaggerate their medicine usage, I get the urge to damn all medicine (taking a more absolute position) for having that kind of effect in the first place. This does not mean I seriously mean to ban them all because of this small minority.

It's just, as part of a kind of perfectionism, I want no one to become addicted to medicine in any way, and that has the effect of me taking positions that can offer that exclusiveness. But it's nothing I'd take action against, how can one person do such a thing? It's only my emotional reaction to the uncontrolled behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
So....if I have a headache it is because I forgot to stabilize my weak mind?
No, not like that. Only the opposite. Like, an apple is always a piece of fruit, but fruit isn't always an apple.
I meant, if a person takes antibiotics for a headache, it means they aren't in control of their mind enough to prevent headache.
There is more to it to controlling our body than most people know, can or have learned, and I'm positive it's possible to control it. When the body feels pain unrelated to physical injury or sensory, it is the body responding to emotional stress of some kind.
Seriously, I've never had one, or at least never felt any of the usual symptomes of a headache.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items

Last edited by J McKalling; 2013-08-07 at 23:51.
Old 2013-08-08, 00:02
Previously Link

The thing is, there's a difference between trying a drug (which can be a pretty nice, mind-opening experience) and getting addicted to it. And besides, there's also a difference between conscious, (semi-)regular consumption and addiction.

There are almost as many ways of using (or not using) drugs as individuals. Another kind of perfectionism would be to want to give all these different individuals the choice to do what suits them best, while still keeping in mind concerns like public health and criminality. That would require more subtle laws (and most likely a legalization, ie: regulation of production and distribution) than simple banning.

I'm aware you're merely giving your opinion, not campaigning for it. I'm merely trying to give you a different perspective.
Old 2013-08-08, 00:20
Magic Ball GrandMaster

I know. But it's difficult for me to understand what I want. I know my opinion, it's clear and not likely going to change, however it's not something I'd rationally choose to campaign for. As you rightfully put it, there are different perspectives.

Besides my opinion being a protest against some way of chaos, it's also related to my acceptance of (mostly illegal) drugs. I'd never use or try anything myself, out of principle and strength, eventhough I know there's a clear difference between just using it and being addicted to it.

I persue the same personal rule for coffee, alcohol, sigarettes and sigars, (any kind of) pills, moisturing creams, or other kinds of chemicals for the body. In other words, I'm a health-addict or something.

Last edited by J McKalling; 2013-08-08 at 00:26.
Old 2013-08-08, 02:06
Je rêvais d'un autremonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmin View Post
hey everybody!!
i recently supported a friend which got a bit too much into various drugs (marijuana, cocaine), she's being taken care of now and i hope she'll be ok soon.
i wanted to ask you guys what's your opinion (and possibly experience) about drugs, and also if you think they should be legalized
I'm addicted to Pims... is it legal?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-08-08, 02:10
Magic Ball Master

What a horrible joke SGK, you can do much better than that man!!
Old 2013-08-08, 02:15

Uh... It's the intention that counts, right?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2013-08-08, 10:49
Neko

Just send her a loveletter or something
Old 2013-08-08, 11:18
Previously Link

THAT should be made illegal.
Old 2013-08-08, 12:11
Magic Level: Water Ball

Never tried any drug (beside alcohol, but I don't know if it counts ?) and I don't really feel the need to try one...

I think the should be legalized and regulated, they are forbidden for now, but that doesn't keep people from selling them.
Old 2013-08-08, 12:58
You what?!

If the government legalised marijuana it could be safely regulated and taxed, and I don't think the number of users would change very much at all, so it seems to be in everyone's favour.
Old 2013-08-08, 16:03
Neko

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin View Post
THAT should be made illegal.
Restraining order for roy?

Unless she likes him, then we can have another mbn couple
Old 2013-08-08, 20:13
Pim! Pim!

what other mbn couples are there?? i only know twinsan and zee...

Quote:
I know. But it's difficult for me to understand what I want. I know my opinion, it's clear and not likely going to change, however it's not something I'd rationally choose to campaign for.
are you saying you have an opinion which you think it makes no sense to support??
Old 2013-08-08, 20:19
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmin View Post
what other mbn couples are there?? i only know twinsan and zee...
Those two, and supposedly SGK and you.

Quote:
are you saying you have an opinion which you think it makes no sense to support??
Yes.

Old 2013-08-08, 20:47
Neko

Oh boy
Old 2013-08-08, 20:51
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Maybe I'll explain it to you when we meet.
But never mind little old complex me, this thread isn't about me.

Old 2013-08-09, 00:07
Magic Level: Green Ball

Not legal ofc. No more to add.
Old 2013-08-09, 05:36
<3 MP

Weed = awesome

All that other crap = nay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse
then we can have another mbn couple
Twinsan and me are no longer a "couple".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
I'm addicted to Pims... is it legal?
You need a girlfriend 4real.

Last edited by Zee; 2013-08-09 at 05:42.
Old 2013-08-09, 10:42
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post

You need a girlfriend 4real.
Yeah, indeed.
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Old 2013-08-09, 17:29

huhuhuhu