Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > News

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

News Discuss the news posted on the MBN here

Old 2022-01-30, 14:15
Trippin Alien

Didier Chanfray recently announced LBA3 is schedueld for a 2024 release. Currently a 12 person dev team working on it, with an emphasis on remastering the bulge. [spicy sauce]

Crazy to see so many old accounts reawaken. Just shows how loved this game really is.

Crazy to see so many people remember their passwords too.

Thanks El Muerte for keeping this site going all these years, if LBA3 comes through, a whole new generation of fans will emerge!
Old 2022-01-30, 19:08
Je rêvais d'un autremonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by schitzn View Post
Currently a 12 person dev team working on it, with an emphasis on remastering the bulge.
"with an emphasis on remastering the bulge."
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2022-01-30, 20:38
!!!!!

Correction: They're saying an LBA1 remake is sceduled for a 2024 release, not LBA3.
Old 2022-01-31, 12:20
Neko

I just hope it will resemble the originals, most remakes from fans have very strange looks.

Just imagine the latest zelda, but then they replace link with a 3d model of twinsen, that's not the way to go imo. I hope gameplay will still sort of resemble lba2, just with very great looking graphics, but with that color palette and goofy feeling the originals had.

and dare i say it, twinsen should still be a tank controlled, with left = turn, not run left.
Old 2022-01-31, 12:22
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neko View Post
I just hope it will resemble the originals, most remakes from fans have very strange looks.

Just imagine the latest zelda, but then they replace link with a 3d model of twinsen, that's not the way to go imo. I hope gameplay will still sort of resemble lba2, just with very great looking graphics, but with that color palette and goofy feeling the originals had.

and dare i say it, twinsen should still be a tank controlled, with left = turn, not run left.
Because of that, I hate the steam version of lba1
Old 2022-01-31, 16:33
Magic Level: Green Ball

Although I like the tank type control I don't think they will implement it in the next game. Tank control is a much hated control system these days even though I love it.

What I do hope is that it maintains the essence of the gameplay and does not make any strange experiments.
Old 2022-01-31, 16:54
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXStranger View Post
Although I like the tank type control I don't think they will implement it in the next game. Tank control is a much hated control system these days even though I love it.

What I do hope is that it maintains the essence of the gameplay and does not make any strange experiments.
ditching that would mean all my magic ball skills are out of the window. The mobile control was so bad, they changed that yellow magic level was able to beat up clones from yellow level. Because taking them out with the ball was out of the question.
Old 2022-01-31, 18:47

Quote:
ditching that would mean all my magic ball skills are out of the window. The mobile control was so bad, they changed that yellow magic level was able to beat up clones from yellow level. Because taking them out with the ball was out of the question.
In a new game made for PC and Consoles I don't think they will have the same problem as in iOS and Android.

Another thing that I think they will change is having to choose between states to perform the actions. I'm guessing they'll now assign each action to a button or have a button do multiple actions instead of having to go through a menu of states.
Old 2022-01-31, 22:46
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Correction: They're saying an LBA1 remake is sceduled for a 2024 release, not LBA3.
Actually, they've been mentioning a reboot, which I guess theoretically could even be a new story.
Old 2022-02-01, 00:15
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Yes it could be, they probably change some aspects of the story. And a lot of the game mechanics for sure. Anno 2022 games are completely different so if you want to win a new audience you need tot change quite a lot. And they are probably going to step on some toes doing so. It will be impossible to make everyone happy. So maybe they should not try to hard...

If they need someone to their test group. I want to volunteer!
I worked in the game industry for a short time. This is alsof why I am very interested in what they will come up with.
It really did something to me seeing that job opportunity on LinkedIn a while ago. Working on lba had been my dream for quite some time when I was younger. But hinking about it I also realised that bringing back this game to 2022 isn't that easy.
I wish the developer all the best!
Old 2022-02-01, 09:42
Neko

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXStranger View Post
In a new game made for PC and Consoles I don't think they will have the same problem as in iOS and Android.

Another thing that I think they will change is having to choose between states to perform the actions. I'm guessing they'll now assign each action to a button or have a button do multiple actions instead of having to go through a menu of states.
I mean i hate the pc version of the enhanced edition
Old 2022-02-01, 17:28

Quote:
I mean i hate the pc version of the enhanced edition
I have not tried that version. But I suppose that a game already made as the first LBA would not be the same as one made from scratch.
Old 2022-02-02, 01:06
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Guys, I see this everywhere also on Facebook A reboot is not a remake. So don't despair, nobody announced any bland remakes They'll reboot the franchise with a new/spinoff story, making the series more appealing for the current generation, but this won't be a remake/remaster.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2022-02-02, 04:00

"Not a remaster, a reboot"............ eh........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
making the series more appealing for the current generation
* AHEM *

which is, effectively, even worse ....... meh.
Old 2022-02-02, 13:39
Neko

I rather have a really good remake than a reboot haha.
Lba 1 style graphics but updated, 3d, bigger islands, same atmosphere. A big principal island with more characters
Old 2022-02-02, 13:39

I prefer a remake or a remaster over a reboot.
Old 2022-02-02, 16:08

We can't judge what is not out yet
I don't think it matters if it's a remake, a reboot or a continuation, the main point should be: is it enjoyable?
Old 2022-02-02, 17:27

For years everyone was begging to make something new. Now they are and Didier and Fred are still involved too. Yet people see only problems. Well you cannot ever beat nostalgia.
Old 2022-02-02, 18:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nieniepaninii View Post
For years everyone was begging to make something new. Now they are and Didier and Fred are still involved too.
The problem is exactly that. For years everyone was waiting for A and now they are giving us B. *shrugs*
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2022-02-03, 14:24
Neko

still very cool depending on wether they can keep the original lba feel, which all the remake by fans seem to lack unfortunately. so its very tough to bring it up to speed with current tech and still feel familiar
Old 2022-02-09, 20:18
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
If anyone wants to know how this LBA "reboot" will end up, see the backlash against Crunchyroll's "original anime" High Guardian Spice and how its creators are accusing all its critics of being "alt-right homophobes". This is going to end up the exact same way, since it being a Western game makes it almost given a certain kind of politics is going to be inserted into it, I mean, if Mojang have been able to insert it into Minecraft of all things, imagine here.
Old 2022-02-09, 20:42
Magic Ball Master

Reboot or not, it's great we have a new Studio with the main creative team involved and getting a game in the genre we like with the universe we love.

We should be more supportive of the team no matter the result!!!

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2022-02-10, 23:00
Magic Level: Red Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by xesf View Post
Reboot or not, it's great we have a new Studio with the main creative team involved and getting a game in the genre we like with the universe we love.

We should be more supportive of the team no matter the result!!!
I agree
I understand the disappointment of some fans who were expecting LBA3. I would love to play the third part myself, which would be in line with the vision of the original creators. However, I fully understand their decision to restart the franchise. And let's wait with criticism until the game is made, or at least until they show us a trailer. As a fan of the series, I fully support 2.21. I hope they will deliver a GREAT game!
Old 2022-02-10, 23:08

I concur, my dear fellows!

Such a project would never have seen the light of day without a fanbase.

Let us not destroy now this pillar on which it stands!
Old 2022-02-10, 23:44

Agreed

And I refuse to start complaining about something I haven't even seen a single pixel from.