Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2004-02-28, 11:06
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
I deleted my post and I will try and make a better image
Old 2004-02-29, 23:52
Je rêvais d'un autremonde

Hobmoblin:ur image is ok if you wanti can use it anyway.

DARKFLAME: So is that the image u want me to use?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2004-03-01, 00:24
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Use that image for now.
I wont have time to make a better one for ages.
Old 2004-03-01, 16:56
thegnarlypanda

Yeah I think you should use that one I might make a better one but my artistic skills appear to be lacking, I can't make it any bigger without it appearing "Blocky" I could be some midget person walking (or standing as I haven't made any walking animations) around giving out advice weather its useful or not

EDIT: Oooops forgot the image
Attached Images

Old 2004-03-02, 01:00

Thats ok.
Old 2004-03-02, 23:03

Ok guys soon soon soon ill post the new game.... just have to upload... tilll tomorrow morning itlll be here!

Yes uve read it right! THE NEW "MBN AND LBA!"!!!! with new GUIs and all fixed! welll most of it... ok just wait till deep night and illl post it.

(hobmoblin ure grpahic looks great!)
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2004-03-03, 16:58
thegnarlypanda

that's cos i'm amazing and thats some good news
Old 2004-03-03, 23:30

Sorry everyone who expected the game when you wake up, but the server just didnt upload the game... and ive found out that even zipped the file is huge, its 20mb. Im trying to fix it now.

Ive spent the night trying to upload it and finally it worked!

Its big but its worth. Maybe ill convert it smaller, its been giving me a lot of trouble to do it. Anyway here it is: MBN and LBA! v2.0

NOTE TO PLAYERS: Ive put a readme file this time, so read it. Put the speakers with enough volume too, its been a very well choosed the selection of songs in the game so id gladly apreciate any comments. Any bugs post here dont email me.

And if you like somewhere to be u can still be in the v2.1 of the game!

And... hobmoblin sorry but, (ignore my previous post) ive first put it in the game, but as it was all pixelated so the border wanst transparent, then ive edited pixel by pixel to be same colour till it works and it worked, but then the chrather looked huge in the game and was late and i havent included him in this version, but the v2.1 will probably include him ok. And, Hobmoblin, if u have AGS, u would see that the pic u made is unusable.

Darkflame, urs look great! ive resized it thoght.
Quote:
Old 2004-03-04, 03:11

Ok ive made it smaller!

NOW HERE IT IS.... (drums ruffle) The one and only... MBN and LBA! v2.1

featuring "only" 12mb. But, due to this, the games quality has been reduced a little, including the songs but thats, i think, is impossible to repair since everyone wants a small game in file size.
Quote:
Old 2004-03-04, 15:53
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Well, the easy answere is to live the good quality songs out for the demos, and when its finnished put them back in

Or have two versions of the game, "normal" "special edition"
Always keep a high quality version as your makeing it.
Old 2004-03-04, 17:57

Ok.

what do u think about the game?
Quote:
Old 2004-03-04, 18:12
thegnarlypanda

its ok about the image btw I don't mind, I had a feeling it wouldn't and now I can use AGS i can make a better one. Downloading now, what I think u should do is have a version with music and a version without music (for betas that other people are testing so it wont take as long to download)
Old 2004-03-04, 18:16

do u all really think so?

without the music it wont be so cool! its been well choosed i think. but ok maybe illl pjut another one without the musics... when i get my FTP to upload.
Quote:
Old 2004-03-04, 18:18
thegnarlypanda

it dopesn't matter this time ur 12mb file will do for now I don't know how long it'll take to download on 56k but I think its 56k friendly already ('cept the 20meg file) so next time post one without the music and one with (if u want)
Old 2004-03-06, 00:47

so uve finished the download?

(offtopic, ill send the sample of my part when my recorder is set up)
Quote:
Old 2004-03-06, 10:46
thegnarlypanda

the game is Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait till its finished!!!!!!!!!

(off topic, Ok)
Old 2004-03-06, 23:37

ok thanks.

uve finished it all yet? have u gone to sgks house? the music is working fine?

Note to all players: in my game, there are 3 bonus things.
these are:
2 rooms
1 secret speech.

try to find them and do tell here if u found.

another thing, try to click and use things that are not obvious like giving money to people etc.
Quote:
Old 2004-03-08, 21:57

hey i cant believe this game seems to be dying! no one else has a comment or wants to be in the game! i know the file is rather big but try it out!

Ive worked in this for so long you all dont even have the "bothering"to play it! ingrats!
Quote:
Old 2004-03-08, 22:02
thegnarlypanda

the music worked fine in ur house, be patient about ur game, more people will play it if something unique appears in it, + its more of a techniqual demo at the moment isn't? I remeber u sayin somewhere that some bits were'nt gonna be in the full version so when its finished more people will download it so dont get upset/worried
Old 2004-03-08, 22:05

ok sorry

yeah but mybe therell be a long time till another version.
Quote:
Old 2004-03-08, 22:07
thegnarlypanda

also more screenshots will attract attention, I hardly ever download games without screenshots 'cept this one cos it was a new idea and it works well
Old 2004-03-08, 23:55
Classic

Really great work so far

Certainly, this deserves more attention.
Old 2004-03-10, 01:14

Ok this motivated me. ill post some screenshots asap. I just havent done yet cause id like the person to see the surprise of finding a whole new lba1style island. thats fun. fun is the games purpose, be on it and have fun!

(this is a smal advertise too hehe).
Quote:
Old 2004-03-11, 19:52

ok heres one screenshot. only one cause i have to use printscreen key andte computer im usng now is a pentium233, so its very slow and i wont keeppasting and screenshoting otherwise itll stop workng.... so here it is:

PS i had put some screenies in a page before or so too so take a look.

DARKFLAME: any detail/speech/miscelaneous thing missing or its just fine?

And again ill say, everyone who plays the game look always the "quest" item to see if its working properly its been hard to make it work so it may be bugged. the text should change whenever a new quest is assigned, just after a u talk to someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshotroy1.jpg‎
Views:	618
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	3290  
Quote:
Old 2004-03-11, 20:16
thegnarlypanda

the quest item works fine for me