Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2004-11-06, 20:14
Do the evolution.

Too much hair huh ? hmmm Here's the new one, I'll think about thje hair
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	twinsen3.jpg‎
Views:	579
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	4160  
Old 2004-11-06, 21:26
You what?!

yeah
getting better to be sure!
Old 2004-11-06, 21:53
Je rêvais d'un autremonde

btw, i noticed his arms isnt/doenst look like its separate from the body, does that mean he wont be able to be animated?
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2004-11-06, 22:01
Do the evolution.

Twinsen

he already has a standing animation, he will be animated, there's no problem in animating him. It's just more work to seperate some points from the others. Here's the new and probably the final one, I want to make the animation, and I've changed the skin and the belt color to a more accurate one I think that's enough for today I remeber the first one, he was sooooo hideous, But
he walked ! I made the outside of the Citadel, but that was a long time ago, I can't find it anymore... (but, who cares it was ugly )

His legs are also attached to the body ( Socks Light blue ones, I think I'll make a dino fly pattern on them )

I've just looked at the model of twinsen you said was fat, Jeeeez he really was FAAAT
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	twinsen5.jpg‎
Views:	648
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	4161   Click image for larger version

Name:	twinsen2.jpg‎
Views:	451
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	4162  

Last edited by Jasiek; 2004-11-06 at 22:12.
Old 2004-11-06, 22:37
You what?!

thats much better!
go for it if you want any help i'll be gald to do anything i can
Old 2004-11-07, 00:51

its getting great, i noticed you made him realistic hands instead of the old sphere hands Twinsen had.. everyone here think that is better?

--hm, and please hold on with the devilish smilies, i hope you wont turn out as "Obras: the 2nd encarnation"......

EDIT: Congratulations dude!! ive made this little 'combo' of all (all i remembered that was made and is in MBN) twinsens models made and yours is surely the best (no offense to the others, theyre good also!)!!

(hehe here you can see all sculptures of our ancient God, the heir)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	twinsens!!.jpg‎
Views:	1352
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	4164  
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2004-11-07 at 01:37.
Old 2004-11-07, 08:57
Do the evolution.

Twinsen

I like the Lba 1,5 one He looks a little better than the ingame one
And probably is easier to animate. I gave my twinsen bones, today I'll be attaching vertices to them, when this is finished, I'll start animating.

Quote:
SpaceGuitarKid said: Congratulations dude!! ive made this little 'combo' of all (all i remembered that was made and is in MBN) twinsens models made and yours is surely the best (no offense to the others, theyre good also!)!!
Thanks ! I hope I'll finish it, And if not, I'll make a site or something, so everyone could download it But for now, I'm still working

Hey, maybe I'll make a new thread on this huh ? With my evolution of twinsen, because the early ones(mine), are quite ugly and with your combo image

Last edited by Jasiek; 2004-11-07 at 10:04.
Old 2004-11-07, 20:26

I dont think its necessary another thread, will be just spam and will be merged with this one. This is your thread, put all your stuff here (imo)..
Quote:
Old 2004-11-07, 22:13
Do the evolution.

Twinsen

Well, It run's smooth, very smooth, with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filter, the water and the waves are moving, I will have to find a suitable texture for the bottom of the see, or, Ill just ge rid of the transparency effect on the water.
I wonder how to make a playable exe file, and since i'm not a programmer i'm searching for some nice scripts for the camera, this one I have and modified a bit is great, but I would like the camera to move 90 degrees in one side when I press the enter button, and I would also like to be able to see the sky, because I want i to be nice

Information about my Computer

AMD Athlon 2000+ , MMX, 3DNow ~1,7ghz
256 mb ram Dimm
Nvidia GeForce4 Titanium 4200 64 mb
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Citadel.jpg‎
Views:	673
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	4171  

Last edited by Jasiek; 2004-11-07 at 22:27.
Old 2004-11-07, 22:49
!!!!!

Jasiek: please consider contibuting some of your models to The Relentless Movie Project (forum), your work is amazing and I'm sure it'll be usefull.
Old 2004-11-07, 23:00
Do the evolution.

Twinsen

I would do it gladly, however, the format in wich the model editor of 3Dgame studio saves it's files is MDL and you need 3DS right ? When I convert them into 3DS they have no textures and animations, so somene i the RMP will heva to retexturize them and do the animations (i don't know how to use 3D studio max).I think I'll try converting them later, so you can have them

Well, Twinsen is in 3ds now, the texture is there, but It's not on him, he's just red instead... But anyway, you can have him. Where do you want him ?
How to upload him ?

Anyone want's a demo ? BUT it has 25 mb Sooo, where to put it ?

Last edited by Jasiek; 2004-11-08 at 00:33.
Old 2004-11-10, 17:01
Do the evolution.

Twinsen

Lupin Burg !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LupinBurg.jpg‎
Views:	638
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	4173  
Old 2004-11-10, 17:40
formerly just angry

Love the Twinsen model. I agree with SGK - tis the best so far
Old 2004-11-10, 18:38
????

Send a message via MSN to Seba
Anyone want's a demo ? BUT it has 25 mb Sooo, where to put it ?

Hey why nobody dosnt (whoops Iam sorry about that word...) want to upload that demo???
Old 2004-11-10, 19:04
Look beyond reality.

This is the first project that I find really good.

You're my number one so far, becouse loads of other projects where making a whole new lba game, but you are making lba1 with graphix that really rock.

I can help you, but really not now, I got loads of schoolwork.

Keep up the great work, and some tips:

-Twinsen's eyes must me a tiny bit longer verticaly
-Twinsen can be a bit more hi-poly, I think your engine can handle that.

What engine are you using anyway? And wich program to make your 3d-objects?
Old 2004-11-10, 19:11
????

Hey!! recolor twinsens tunic... I think darker blue are much better... And why you make lba 1 clone??!! Make you own story and i find that game MUCH better...
Old 2004-11-10, 22:00
Do the evolution.

Twinsen

Well, i chose the color because it resembles the color of Twinsens tunic on the box of Lba 2. Right know I Wont be changing anything in the model, except maby some textures and the animations( the walk animation i really crappy).
The next question, the ingine, well - it's 3D game studio A6 BUT it's just the trial so I cannot use any new functions and it's sort strange to work on ( Unfortunatelly I haven't got the money to buy the full program, So until I have it
the game will look as it is, whitout pixel shader, vertex shader and bump mapping...) I'm making alll the models in 3D game studio'd model editor (MED)
which is ideal for me and really easy to use, very intuitive. I'm trying to make a clone of Lba 1 because if I would like to make a sequel some day, I have to feel the game, I have to do something that's very LBA-like. The Twinsen Won't have more polygons because in MED when i finished the model the textures where asigne to the specific parts of the model so I can only move vertices not delete them or add new triangles ore anything... Maby someday I will have the time to learn 3D studio max and some more advanced programs. Now about the demo, There are some issuses with the trial version, it doesen't allow publishing (did I already said that having a Trial version is really crappy? ) BUT when I;ve reainstalled my system (that is fomrated my C drive the program whas untouched on drive D, there porbably was something in the windows registry because it work highly unstable, but hey I can publish( make an exe) and it doesen't work for only 30 days... but it crashes all the time and the scripts don't want to work It's like hell... but hey I can do something and that's great, I WANT THE FULL VERSION (PLEASE GOD SEND ME SOME MONEY ) Is there a contest ore something ? Where you can win 3D game studio A6 pro ? It would be a dream come true
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Twinsen6.jpg‎
Views:	537
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	4176  

Last edited by Jasiek; 2004-11-10 at 22:16.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:26
!!!!!

I'm moving this thread to Fan Art forum, I hope you don't mind
Old 2004-11-10, 22:28
Do the evolution.

Twinsen

Oc course I don't mind but why fanart ? It's going to be a fan creation, and a game porbably someday
Old 2004-11-10, 22:33
!!!!!

Cool, this game sure gonna be kickass!
This thread is about the art though, so far, so I guess this forum is more suitable.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:35
Do the evolution.

Twinsen

I've got a question, I'd liek to donate the Twinsen model for the RMP, is there an adress where to Upload it ?
Old 2004-11-10, 22:38
!!!!!

Email Darkflame.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:39
Do the evolution.

Twinsen

Thanks, I'll mail him, And I'll need to find some space for the demo, I hope someone has about 30 mb for it, somewhere...

Lupin Burg !
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	LupinBurg3.jpg‎
Views:	610
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	4178   Click image for larger version

Name:	LupinBurg4.jpg‎
Views:	553
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	4179  

Last edited by Jasiek; 2004-11-11 at 11:43.
Old 2004-11-11, 14:49
Look beyond reality.

You really got the LBA-feeling there!! Great work!
Old 2004-11-11, 15:59
????

Wow ... That amazing!! Looks just like lba 1.And lba 1 is better than 2