Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2005-01-01, 19:25
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Exclamation The real LBA 1 demo...

Actuall, there is already a LBA 1 demo, available from the MBN. But it's not the LBA 1 demo, but the official preview version.

But I have the real LBA 1 demo, which (coincidence or what?) has the same three scenes as the preview version, but the difference is:
1. It's exactly as the original CD version, except for the videos, until you try to exit the first outside scene.
2. When you exit the first outside scene, it doesn't display any rare video, but it display the credit, which are equal to those in the original version of the game, and then, when you exit the game, it says:
"End of demo version".
It has only one video included, BAFFE.FLA, which is the first video with someone slapping Twinsen.

However, here's the link to this demo version: http://80.55.102.190/~obrasilo/LBADEMO.ZIP.

BTW: If anyone is wondering, how I got it, I got it with a computer magazine.

BTW: There's another .ZIP file in this .ZIP file. That .ZIP file contains the actual game files.

I hope you'll like it.
Old 2005-01-01, 19:50
View paradise and fall...

i got the demo for lba2 in the same way and that was how i was introduced to the whole thing. i never got the lba1 demo to work, can you run it with lbaWin?

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2005-01-01, 19:51
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Golemboy: Send me an e-mail, and I'll explain you, how to do it.
Old 2005-01-06, 01:00
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Obrasilio.... is all your things illegal or is it just that your a bad speaker/writer?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-01-06, 01:07
View paradise and fall...

-obras: no thanks, i dont mind

-lbawin: what?

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2005-01-06, 01:11
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
he ALWAYS says that you should email him....

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-01-06, 10:23
formerly just angry

Nah - it's only a demo so it must be legal. Its very cool that 11 years after LBA we are still finding new things
Old 2005-01-06, 10:59
Welcome to Zirla!

Guys, the demo is legal, the solution to run the demo with LBAWin is not much legal, as it requires executable file patching ( @ Viennay).

Golemboy - a legal solution: FunnyFrog's patch.
Old 2005-01-06, 11:52
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Does FunnyFrog's patch work with the LBA 1 demo as well?
Old 2005-01-06, 12:48
Gobbles the bush turkey

It's also better to email people privately rather than wasting space on the forum as if it's just a chat site. It's interesting about the demo, but it doesn't seem any more valuable than the usual demo which has a rare video instead of just credits
Old 2005-01-06, 12:53
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golemboy
i got the demo for lba2 in the same way and that was how i was introduced to the whole thing. i never got the lba1 demo to work, can you run it with lbaWin?
I've post this file once but anyone saw it because was a hidden in a smile ( ). I hope it help someone.

The Sacred Carrot website

Last edited by xesf; 2005-01-06 at 13:05.
Old 2005-01-06, 12:56
Welcome to Zirla!

- alexfont: Which file? And... how can I get it?
Old 2005-01-06, 12:57
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Your link is broken...
Old 2005-01-06, 12:58
Welcome to Zirla!

1. No more help needed, alexfont.
2. The link is broken indeed, morshem and alexfont.
Old 2005-01-06, 13:06
Magic Ball Master

I forgot to write a char. Check now.

EDIT: It doesn't work well with demo versions, just with original floppy disk ones.

The Sacred Carrot website

Last edited by xesf; 2005-01-06 at 14:00.
Old 2005-01-06, 14:20
Welcome to Zirla!

Thanks for updating it, Alexfont.

However... I already have it. @ myself