Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2017-02-01, 01:14
I BELIEVE IN LBA3!

Children abduction cutscene and LBA3 interview!

Hello everybody!

I first played LBA2 in 1997. On the back of the box, there was a photo of a cutscene in which children were being abducted. You can see that cutscene here:
After twenty years of playing LBA2 every few years, I believe I still haven't seen that cutscene in-game!!! I'm currently playing the game again. I've crashed landed into Twinsun and flown to Desert Island with Dino-Fly. The children are clearly gone and still no cutscene!! How can I see it in-game??
Thanks!

Oh and I've watched that new Frédérick Raynal interview in which he talks about LBA3 (I'm a native French speaker - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/116239990). It seems that indeed work has not started on LBA3 but it also seems that it will happen! Making it happen some day is clearly a firm objective in his career. He feels like it will be his crowning achievement. He's written three versions of the story and the latest one he wrote a couple of years ago is clearly "the one". You'll play as all three characters but mainly as Arthur who will be the key to the whole story. I had come to terms with the fact that LBA3 would never happen (and I felt even stronger about that when I heard him say that LBA3 had to break new technological ground in the post speedrun discussion). But now that I realise he would perceive not making LBA3 as a personal failure, I BELIEVE AGAIN!!!
Cheers!
Old 2017-02-01, 01:28
the legend

Hi! I remember seeing that cutscene everytime I played it. If I'm not mistaken, you have to go to the school in Citadel Island and talk to the rabbibunny teacher, who then will tell you what happened to the kids and the cutscene will show.
https://royrajabally.bandcamp.com/
http://lapichon.deviantart.com/
Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2017-02-01, 01:37
I BELIEVE IN LBA3!

Oh! That's it?! Haha ok, I'll stop by next time I'm on Citadel Island! Thanks!
Old 2017-02-02, 07:47
Master of Degree

There is another hidden cutscene, played when you take a wrong path in the temple of Bu cart maze.

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2017-04-21, 18:00
meee39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Hi! I remember seeing that cutscene everytime I played it. If I'm not mistaken, you have to go to the school in Citadel Island and talk to the rabbibunny teacher, who then will tell you what happened to the kids and the cutscene will show.
I just finished LBA2 for the first time yesterday and I talked to the teacher at the school on Citadel Island and she was just sitting there crying, no cutscene.

Did you mean the Rector of the School Of Magic?
Old 2017-04-21, 18:20
Master of Degree

No, it's the teacher. I don't know why it didn't work for you. I have seen the scene several times after talking to the teacher.

All LBA technical information goes in here -> LBA File Information Project

LBA Prequel Demo has been released! See our blog
Old 2017-04-22, 02:37
Quetching a Mr.

I feel like I know everything about the game. It's sad that some members still don't know some things. I don't mean to say it the wrong way either. I'm not being sarcastic by the way. Yeah, that cutscene seems like it's apparently skipped often. It appears to be somewhat a major part of the story line, but I guess with Zoe explaining things to you at the house, it almost feels as if there was no need for this cutscene. (she tells you the children of Twinsun were kidnapped anyways)

Shame that so many members haven't seen this cutscene - the dude at Adeline who worked on the renderings for it said it took him about roughly 3 - 4 months. Heck, maybe even 5.

Link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDNVNImNI4s

Somewhere in there they mention the cutscene with the children. Starts at 7:13.
Old 2017-04-22, 09:41
Magic Level: Green Ball

You get the cutscene if you talk to the teacher after you crashland, but before you speak to Zoe..