Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic > Member Announcements
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Announcements Announcements like "I'm leaving", "I'm new", "Happy Birthday", etc. goes in here.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-24, 01:57
it hurts

One minutes of silence. Anakkin has left us once again. Though this time, for good.

I'm sorry to annonuce to you all, that Anakkin is not returning. If circumstances has allowed it, he is already dead.

He decided to commit suicide on the 22nd of August, which is the day after he returned to his military service. The reason to this, is that his life was being torn apart by his military duty. I, personally, do believe that he's seen and done many terrible things during his time in the military.

He informed me of his suicide plan just before he left for the military on the 21st.

He's third last thing he ever said to me (query message on the IRC), was a note to the MBN community, which reads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakkin
Dear mbn, I can't bear to go back to the army and leave my family once again. Goodbye.
I suggest we hold one minute of silence, and wish Anakkin that he will rest in peace.

And no. I'm not kidding.
Secondly, I'd like to excuse for possible oddness of this thread. I'm extremely tired, and I should really go to sleep. I really just had to post this, before I went to sleep.

I'm sorry for our loss.
Thank you.
Old 2006-08-24, 02:04
Still in a dream...

I don't believe this mickey mouse shit.
Old 2006-08-24, 02:22
a well established member

Send a message via MSN to Echomote
Pandy, what if he is dead?

Goodbye LBA player.
Old 2006-08-24, 03:05
LBA fan

We're trying to find out whether he really did it. I refuse to feel terrible before I find out. (I already sort of do, though...)

I am desperately trying to find out more, if you can help, please do.

His name is David Guerin or דוד גרא (http://forum.magicball.net/showpost....postcount=2079)

Here's CB's log http://jakob.alminde.org/.anakkinlog

I talked to Homeless and according to him Anakin did not mention suicide.

For fuck's sake, let's work on this and find out what happened.
Old 2006-08-24, 03:20
Zebrazilla

Anakin, either dead or alive, you were a great friend to me back in the days. I really miss those days. I was planning on establishing a greater contact with you while you were back from duty, but unfortunetly I was not there at that time. However, you did get ahold of me before you left.. for whatever you left, Israel or... At that time I didn't have a clue it could be the last time I would ever speak to you. I wish I had talked to you more that day, we had so much more to talk about.

Anakin, David, I hope with all my heart that you are still alive. Though, if this has really happened, I must respect and accept your choice.

Now, people, let's try and trace Anakin with all we've got. We need to confirm this. We cannot fully believe this until we've got 100% confirmation.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2006-08-24, 06:08
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
I tried searching Google and several Israeli news site for his name or for news about a soldier who committed suicide, but couldn't find anything.
Old 2006-08-24, 07:10

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
He seemed just fine several days ago.
Old 2006-08-24, 08:09
The return of

Holy fuck his convo with CB is scarily sincier. Allow me to say the following -
If this is a joke, I can say we will jointly kill you for making us feel bad anie

If this is serious, yet you havnt done it yet, then TALK with us, and others, and dont do it. Seriously man, after every period of difficulty theres a period of ease, regardless of what your life quality is like at the moment it could be a whole different world tomorrow if you really want to turn it out that way.
If you have done it already.... then ill save my words for when i really believe it. I hope you dont do anything silly man, cause your a cool guy, and it aint worth wasting your life like that, and we like you!

Morshem, pick up a phone book, and call people with his last name. Dosn't matter if theyre the right people the first time, untill you getto someone who does now him. Internet suicidal notes SHOULD be taken seriously, because Anakin may well have been serious. Morshem, if you manage to get into contact with anyone related to him (make sure they know who your talking about, explain some of his attributes clearly), ask them of his health (if he's fine, apologise but explain he spoke of suicide on the internet, and close the phone, dosnt matter if you look stupid, you did your job. Just make it clear in some way that he made a list of worrying suicidal messages).

I wonder, but could you call the army up and ask them if he has come back for service?

Last edited by Axx; 2006-08-24 at 08:15.
Old 2006-08-24, 08:43

I think his family is in Switzerland now, so I don't know if he has any relatives in Israel.
Old 2006-08-24, 09:17
The return of

I personally believe theres no harm in trying. Also, seeing as he has to go back for military service, im sure his family would have had plans to return as well, at least with him.
Old 2006-08-24, 09:21
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
This is fucked up. Is it certain that it is really him @ IRC?
Btw CB, your part of the conversation is odd.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying

Last edited by Bomba!; 2006-08-24 at 09:27.
Old 2006-08-24, 10:16
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
This may not be April 1st, but I may suspect CrazyBee is still joking. One alibi: There is no such name as Anakkin. He even put that name with double K in the quote.

Either that, or he doesn't know that Anakin is really spelled like that.
Old 2006-08-24, 10:35

In IRC he uses this, because apparently "Anakin" is always taken.

Anyway, if this is a joke, it's a really disgusting one.
Old 2006-08-24, 10:37
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Oh well, I haven't been in the IRC channel for a long while.
Old 2006-08-24, 10:58
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Hmmrrr

Find it hard to believe. But that's what the internet does to you
Old 2006-08-24, 11:33
The return of

Same,but why would he do that when he himself made it clear he cant stand people who try to gain sympathy. I just dont see a motive.

But, for the sake of it probably being true, were the only people who know? (Unless it really did happen, then his parents/family/friends would know). So I believe we should just make sure.

Anakin, if this aint true, please make it clear. We'll be lineant
Old 2006-08-24, 11:36
Banned

I hope you're still alive!
Old 2006-08-24, 12:51
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
The problem with these matters is that it is almost as hard to believe he would joke about this, as it is hard to believe it is real.

Perhaps he was drunk?
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2006-08-24, 14:47
Do the evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomba! View Post
Perhaps he was drunk?
I hope he was, and he didn't sounded like a show off, and that's what msot suicidal people want, to reach for the last resort to bring attention to themselves, to get help. This is strange and scary, hope this is just some kind of a stupid prank, or a mistake.
Old 2006-08-24, 15:05
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur View Post
We're trying to find out whether he really did it. I refuse to feel terrible before I find out. (I already sort of do, though...)

I am desperately trying to find out more, if you can help, please do.

His name is David Guerin or דוד גרא (http://forum.magicball.net/showpost....postcount=2079)

Here's CB's log http://jakob.alminde.org/.anakkinlog

I talked to Homeless and according to him Anakin did not mention suicide.

For fuck's sake, let's work on this and find out what happened.
I read the log, and there's something going wrong. It's listed that 'Medur' changes his name to 'Analkin', and this Analkin writes the last messages. Something.... won't fit....
Old 2006-08-24, 15:07
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
I read the log, and there's something going wrong. It's listed that 'Medur' changes his name to 'Analkin', and this Analkin writes the last messages. Something.... won't fit....
Medur wouldn't pull shit like this.

01:18:17-!- Analkin [~fsf@194-53.0-85.cust.bluewin.ch] has quit [goodbye forever]

That's not medur's hostname either.
Old 2006-08-24, 15:09
Magic Ball Master

The other way round, why would Anakin call himself Medur?
Old 2006-08-24, 15:18

And why would Anakin be under a Swiss IP, if he's supposed to be in Israel now?
Old 2006-08-24, 15:56
Zebrazilla

I can tell you all that this cannot be a joke from CrazyBee's side. I know him very well IRL and he would never do such a thing like this. If it is a joke, it is indeed on Anakins part.

As far as I know, and judging from what CrazyBee told me, Medur and Anakkin was messing around with nicknames. That is why he had the nick Medur for awhile. Also, it seems like he was currently under a Swiss IP since he was still in Switzerland by that time, and was just about to leave.

Hell, I really hope Anakkin was just joking around about taking his own life.

If he is still alive for some reason, I promise to go visit him in Switzerland as soon as he comes back from his military duty. But currently, I have very very bad feelings about this. Something tells me this will end up nasty. :/

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2006-08-24, 16:08
LBA fan

That day (the 20th) Anakin and me joked changing nicks for a while. I changed my nick to Silverfish, Anakin changed his to Medur and somebody (I don't remember who) changed his own to Anakin.

Yet, the Anakin in the log is the real one:

1) Anakin (then disguised as Medur) changed his nick to Analkin because his real one was taken.

The nick-changing-thing only occured AFTER the conversation previous to the one where a nick change can be seen.

The real Anakin had thus already talked about suicide and he was the only one who knew about this; how could an impostor bring that subject to CrazyBee?

2) The hostnames prove all conversations were real. Anakin was the only person with a swiss hostname to ever enter the #LBA channel.

-

Morshem, the last conversation occured on the 20th.
Anakin was in Switzerland for a three week vacation. He presumably returned to Israel on the 20th or on the 21st.

There're many ways to prove the vacation Anakin was the real one. We don't even have to go to IRC: check the MBN, or his last.fm page.

-

Just to clear some things up:
If this is a joke, Anakin is the one behind it.
For god's sake I wouldn't joke with something as serious as this.
Anyone who knows me remotely well knows I wouldn't do it.
CrazyBee wouldn't either, because he knows the consequences of this would be very serious for him.

So Anakin is the only one who could do it. However, I can't believe he'd make so many people worried, bring concern to so many friends just to have a laugh. It just makes no bloody sense.

This is real. This is fucking real and our focus should be on finding out whether he's alive. I really thought of him as a friend and I don't know what to think of all this shit.

-

Now, I believe what happened was this:

Anakin decided to commit suicide. He didn't want any interference, and he wanted the forum to know what had happened to him, so he revealed it to someone who he knew would not try to stop him.

Had he talked to Lenny or me, I'm sure we would've tried to talk him out of it in any ways possible, and we sure wouldn't have kept quiet for three days.

Anakin is/was very intelligent and slightly manipulated CB to fulfill his purpose. This sounds just like him.

-

So again, I believe this is real, and the most important thing right now is FINDING OUT WHETHER HE'S STILL ALIVE.
Closed Thread